Thread: Purging of a different kind.

Purging of a different kind.

I find myself now at a point where I am getting rid of all my male clothes. I only buy from women's section and have asked my wife to do the same. This is for every day items, jeans, t shirts, panties etc. Even though no one else may notice at least I know I'm wearing women's clothing lol. Is this common?

In my limited experience it just seems like normal progression to me.
    Be the best you, be the true you.
    That said, I love faceapp so much I change my avatar daily

https://giphy.com/gifs/l0MYEWpv7Ue0RFVaE/html5

Scarlett, this is a great sign of progress. (Should it be called an inverse purge? )

I am in a similar situation, as over the last year or so i have ditched the remainder of my male clothing, except for my work uniform. Even with that i have made limited progress, having recently sourced some unisex tunic-tops from my employer and i'm currently looking for some black women's trousers which might pass as gender-neutral work attire.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Last year I threw out all my male clothes what a relief because I don’t have to decide who I should be for the day. My friends all say I dress better, and I feel better about myself.

Same here. I'm keeping a few of my male pieces, however. My landlord often ask for my help, and some of the jobs can be dirty. No sense in wrecking my gal clothes for that.
    I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.

Banned Read only
    Scarlette,
    As much as I'd like to there will be occasions when being the man has to happen , I've got my male appearance down to a few hours each month . With occasions like funerals it may not be possible to be dressed , with do have to consider and respect others in that sitaution .

Denice ,
    That's easily sorted , I've bought Dickies work trousers and overalls for women also my steel toecapped work boots are a femme style , you can do the same jobs in femme mode .
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-11-2020 at 07:15 AM.

Started wearing mostly clothes from the women?s section about five years ago. I?ve recently retired and we have moved to a smaller home so almost all the male clothes I had been keeping ?just in case? went to the clothes recycling bin. As you say, I know they are women?s clothes even if nobody else notices. I feel I allowing myself to be me, at last.

I tend to agree with Teresa that there is a practical reason to keep around some male clothes. Not because they are male, but they are really good for rummaging around in filthy conditions. Of course, you could use older women's clothes for that as well, but as long as you have some of the men's clothes around and they fit, keep the drab stuff for the nasty jobs that almost inevitably come up.

Yes, I have not and will not even set one foot in the men's section of a store. I will walk around, even if I'm shopping with my friends.

I think it's normal. I haven't bought any "male" clothing in the last 5 or 6 years.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett1975 View Post
    I find myself now at a point where I am getting rid of all my male clothes. I only buy from women's section and have asked my wife to do the same.
    Yes, lots of us have done that, some of us never will.

Your wife is CD too?

I still have some men's clothes in the closet for "dirty work", but never wear them. It's just as easy to not care if I get a pair of woman's jeans dirty as is is men's.

I mean it's not like my wife puts on old men's clothes before she does anything that could ruin them.

Reality Check
    My jeans and jean shorts are from the women's section and I wear panties (also from the women's section) unless I am going to the doctor's office, but I continue to wear male shirts, socks and shoes when presenting as a male. Nothing about my jeans screams "female", they are plain and look like men's jeans except they fit better.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    Jean,
    I agree with you , I don't even glance in the men's section , it feels wrong and uncomfortable .

Great to know it's a normal progression thanks every one.

It's been that way for me for the last 10 years.
    I do have a few "relics" for the Just In Case times with those who are unaware. You know, the weddings and funerals and such where family expect a man to show up.
    Percentage wise it's now about 90% female in my closet.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !