Thread: One step at a time

One step at a time

It's been a few weeks since I came to grips with my transexual orientation. Since then, while not out fully and probably won't be, I have been dressing in more female attire daily. Usually leggings, a nice top, and boots. I am finally beginning to feel comfortable going out into the world sans makeup. Of course there are always pauses but I think that is to be expected.

Angela,

Good to see you've found that clarity. Was there one single thing that finally triggered your move?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    Angela,
    It's possibly better to take one step at a time , I probably took too many steps in one go but I really wanted to rebuild my life as quickly as possible , it might have been more luck than judgement but I got away with .

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    Angela,

Good to see you've found that clarity. Was there one single thing that finally triggered your move?
    Not really. I think it was an accumulation of things. I purged and did not dress for a year. When I started again something just felt different. I felt more at ease. Like this was natural. Also, and I think more importantly, I started to be honest with myself; letting go of any guilt and allowing my feminine self to come through.

Angela,
    I have had a similar experience. I, too, purged for a year and then started over again. This time is very different also because I lost my wife and am living alone. The new freedom of choosing to dress whenever I can is so liberating. The guilt and anxiety are gone and I am at peace with myself.