Thread: A series of unfortunate events has positive outcome

A series of unfortunate events has positive outcome

So I was recently listed as a close contact for covid. I am stuck at my house at work for another week. The upside is I have a great selection of Leesa's clothing up here as I'm frequently without roommates.
    Good news is that Leesa had been fully dressed for the last 5 days with no one returning for another 4 days.
    I've found some courage and since it's cold and requires coats and hats to be outside I've loved my walks in the evening outside fully dressed.
    I like to walk in my nice dress with hose to keep my legs warm and no one around. The odd walker pays no attention to me and knowing no one is paying attention is a confidence booster to say the least!
    I love sitting and watching tv fully dressed with no one expected to arrive.
    I just wanted to share my happiness with you all. My wife has no idea that I've been dressing since I was 10 years old. That was 40 years ago when I tried on my first panties, bra and panty hose when I was "dressed up" by my cousins. I've been brave enough to dress up and go out before but I am lacking some items I had then that I don't have now. I really need a wig and I can't stop looking for heels. If love to get some but I haven't figured out what size. Girl with big feet problems!

Thanks for listening. I'm sad I couldn't go home but Leesa is so happy to have this time!
    Leesa xo

Hi LovelyLeesa,

Good to hear you are able to dress in forced isolation.

You may want to try adding 2 sizes to your shoe size for USA sizes. I wear size 5 men's and size 7 women's shoes. There are also printable guides you can stand on like the one on this page https://www.famousfootwear.com/c/shoe-size-chart

Marion

Oh you're so lucky to have such small feet! So many beautiful shoes in those sizes. I have men's 12 feet! I can fit a few of my wife's shoes as she wears a ladies 10. I love wearing heels and I feel that is my next acquisition!

Yes, I'm spoiled with all the choices I have! I've been buying really nice leather heels deeply discounted to $30 to $40. People haven't been buying them if they are stuck at home.
    I've been working at home for months but have continued buying nice clothes and shoes for stress relief!

In the Spring I didn't leave the house/yard for two months!
    Nowadays I make a quick shopping trip about once a week when the stores aren't busy.

Marion

What a great life
    I retired April because of covid and I started getting for Halloween. It's been wonderful, full body wax eyebrows the whole bit. Went everywhere years ago.two makeovers plus lessons what a ride. And last time I was out was 6 years ago.

Oh Jena, I shaved my legs for the first time in years today. It feels so nice! My hose feels so nice and that feeling of bare legs in the sheets!

Getting comfortable shoes is the worst. I wear men's 11 and found a size 13, but I'll need to stretch them wider to wear for any period of time. An adjustable strap in back can buy a little adjustment. I would also really like a comfortable set of real heels.

I've been trying to find a nice pair online for cheap more to test the sizing. There's a few I found on marketplace locally that should for and are very sexy, but I'm way too shy to buy them from another person!

Hi Leesa.

I too have big feet for a girl. About a size 13 in women's shoes.

I've gotten shoes and boots from China (Aliexpress) for a reasonable price. Many of the retailers there actually go by the inches measure of your feet, not by the North American male/female shoes sizes. I've had good luck ordering from them in this way. I've bought 4 pairs of women's shoes without a hitch. Just make sure they will work with the actual inch measure of your feet.
    Why fit in when you were born to stand out? - Dr. Suess

Oh good to know! I will measure my feet properly tomorrow instead of guessing sizes. 😊 Thanks!

Just as an example, I just did a search on Aliexpress and found these:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3279...archweb201603_

My foot measure just over 11 inches, and according to their size chart, I would take a size 16 or maybe a 17.

It still takes some hunting to find the larger sizes. Most of the merchants will deal with "normal" ladies sizes. But if you go hunting you should be able to come up with some options. This might be fun anyway, shoe shopping - yay!

My intitial search on Ali was for "womens shoe large"

Also if you find a merchant that has a shoe in the right size, there's a good chance they will carry other styles in a larger size as well. Make sure you check out all of their shoes.

Darn it - now you have me looking again. So many shoes, so little time.
    Last edited by sweetdreams; 12-12-2020 at 01:31 AM.
    Why fit in when you were born to stand out? - Dr. Suess

It's why I've held off. I can comfortably fit a ladies 10-11. I have access to a selection at home but I want a pair of my own. I think red would make a good first pair. I've always wanted red stilettos since I first started venturing out when I was a teen. I was so much braver then. I was always passable and loved walking in heels.

Chinese vendors will often put a size chart in the photos describing a product. I'd look for that when choosing stuff to buy.
    When I did Ebay I'd look for clothes that listed the measured waist and shoulder sizes. I'd buy Levis that were smaller than the label indicated if the seller measured them. Once a seller messed up and I got a quick refund.

I think most of us should wear heels if we can. We have great legs. Why not show them off?

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 12-12-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Leesa,
    I can really relate. I had Covid-19 and was sick for two weeks and in isolation for another two. I had the opportunity to dress up quite a bit. I was at home so I had ever thing to look all girly.

As for shoes, I wear 10.5 wide mens and buy 13 in women's shoes. I have several boots that fit comfortably and the least comfortable are the pumps. Sandals are easy to get arround tge width issue and the ones I buy all have about 3 inch heals. Although I am 5' 10" I love the way the heals make my legs and posture look.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Leesa, you're married and have roommates but r alone for 9 days at a time? I just don't understand?

And, I'm a 9 1/2 men's shoe. 10 1/2 or 11 lady's shoe. Measuring your feet won't help because that isn't how shoes r sold online. If you're really a size 12 men's? It's unlikely you'll fit into a women's size 12. Much less a 10!

Also, men tend to have wider feet than women. Mine aren't that wide I guess. Because I've actually been able to squeeze into a few wide size 10 lady's.

But, all women's shoes fit differently!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 12-12-2020 at 12:29 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    I wear a men's size 12. Most of my heels have been bought from Payless. Either in person at Halloween or on the internet. The other day I received another invite on my gmail account to buy. Yes, Payless is back in business on the internet. I have bought in women's sizes; 12 W and 13 and found most fit fine. I stay away from any pointed toes. I wear a rounded toe. A pointed toe box either confines my toes to much or extends the length of the foot which makes my feet look bigger or at least longer.

As a recommendation I suggest not wearing a spiked heel on walks. Concrete is murder on my feet if I wear my 3 1/2 inch heels. For walking I bought a wedge with about a two inch rise with soles with deadening material on the sole.

Find the Payless site and take a look. When I have ordered on line the outer shipping box is generic. It just says Payless.

Since you do not have a wig winter head coverings work fine. A coat or jacket is great also for hiding oversized male hands.

I am six foot and 200 lbs. I like taking evening strolls. We have a long rainy season which is great for walking with an umbrella in a light rain. An umbrella of the right type helps obscure my height.