Thread: Hernia and tucking

Hernia and tucking

Hi everyone.

I?ve been looking around for an answer to a question i have and haven?t been able to find one. Years ago I had double inguinal hernia surgery and they did the mesh repair.

I never used to tuck but I have been trying to lately. It seems like my testes will not go into the canal very far and I can?t get a very flat appearance. Does anyone know if it is because of the surgery repair? Is there a doctor in the house that can answer this question.😃

I?ve tried a couple different tucking methods that I saw on line on none seem to work. 😔

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone. Stay safe.

Connie.
    Connie

Hi Connie, sorry to hear about your troubles.

I have never had any problems being able to , but I do know of a few who can't.

Most likely repair closed the inguinal canal some which restricts room.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I had hernia surgery on my left side about 5 years ago. The doctor told me that in doing the repair the canal would be affected. I can not get the left side into the canal as far as I can on the right side. The left side will eventually fall out, not matter what I do, but I have not tried a gaff. Mesh repair is very common when doing hernia surgery.
    I wear panties all the time, he could obviously see my panties and shaved crotch when he examined me. So I will assume that the doctor probably told me this because he thought that I was a CD'er.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I had double hernia, mesh surgery about 5 years ago. No impact on my tucking. And, I've been tucking every time I've dressed for 23 years!

But, that doesn't mean it didn't affect u, Connie. The best person for u to get solid answers from is probably the surgeon that worked on u!

I know that mite make u uncomfortable. But, docs have heard just about everything!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

HiConnie,
    I had a hernia done the old fashioned way some years ago. After a few years i needed a hernia repair on the other side.This time they did the mesh repair.At first few years things were fine but one day i woke in terrible pain --on the mesh repair side. After two days of pain &not being able to move let alone go to the Dr's i phoned the surgery. The Dr came ,looked ,felt ,pressed, said he thought the mesh had moved. Due to my taking anti coagulants surgery was out.nGlad to say with pain reducers &time it sorted itself out.Point i am makeing--dont "dig &push"in the mesh area-the pain is beond belief. On checking it seems its well known for problems to occur with the mesh (inU/K) so as they say-- go carefull...........
    Liz

Banned Read only
    I am not a doctor but I have had a hernia repair and it can indeed limit your ability to tuck. I had some "space issues" with my right testicle (and it was my right side that was repaired) at first but was able to work through it and now I am fine.

BTW: I asked my doctor about it when it was still fresh and he asked about any discomfort. Basically saying "When my testes go up into their "cold water hiding spot" it feels like this one has less room than before.", my Doctor just said "Yeah, that can happen".
    Last edited by Robertacd; 12-12-2020 at 01:53 PM.

I had a double hernia repair in 1992ish. I never had any trouble tucking, nor problems with the mesh. I have also had prostrate removal due to cancer, advance male sling surgery to lift the bladder to try to stop my prostate surgery caused incontinence, artificial sphincter surgery to correct incontinence, and at the same time an orchiectomy. No problems in that affected area. Tucking is easier after the orchi.

I had a double hernia surgery back in 1980. I have no problem tucking, although when I first started to tuck about 10 years ago, it wasn't the easiest thing to do, and I wasn't able to keep tucked that long. Now, they go into their home so easy, and I can stay tucked for days if I wanted to. Feels natural & I don't even notice.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

I had double also and it did affect my tucking I can not do it any more.
    Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/brandiedaniels/

not new anymore just shy VickieBonne's Avatar
    I had a mesh repair on the left side, my left testicle is larger than the right and it slides right into place... I think it is less noticeable than the right.
    It's luck of the draw I'm afraid... Good luck!

Hi everyone

Thanks for the comments. I was just wondering if it is normal that the surgery would affect the ability to tuck. It seems like it is a roll of the dice depending on the person. I never go out in public, only dress at home on the weekends. My wife knows that I dress up but not about tucking. I want to try a gaff some day. Maybe I’ll get myself one for Christmas.

Thanks again for the advice.

Stay safe everyone.

Connie
    Connie

Banned Read only
    Connie,
    I had the same surgical repair many years ago , I still tuck but have never found it necessary going out everyday to use the internal cavity , the appearence is flat enough even with tight jeans or a tight skirt .

I've also asked this question before and received mixed answers , it depends on how comfortable you are but I can't answer for certain if the repair patch is restrictive or not .
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-13-2020 at 06:34 AM.

If its not working, its not working. Whatever you do you shouldnt force it, or you might hurt yourself. When tucked it shouldnt be painful or uncomfortable.

Connie, I had a deep left inguinal hernia repair back in 1971, and could never tuck on the left side. Then in 2018, I had my a prostatectomy due to cancer and now cannot tuck at all. It does seem that these ops can affect people in different ways, the only person to be able to tell you straight is your own doctor.

I had a left mesh repair a few years ago.
    Always wondered if it was tucking that caused it in the first place.