Thread: I came out as CD to my youngest son on Saturday

I came out as CD to my youngest son on Saturday

After what has been the most progressive week in my journey so far, I have now finally come out to one of my 3 kids, after an amazingly brave admission from him to me.

My 19 year-old son called me earlier (he lives at his mum's since our marriage ended), and he told me he needed my advice. He said he's had "feelings" he couldn't shake about wearing a skirt, stockings and heels. I told him it was ok and I was open-minded (which he already knew).
    He'd purchased some items of clothing and just wanted to confide in someone. I told him it was all fine, it's just clothes, and if it makes you happy, then go for it.

I then told him about my life as Jenny; he was a bit shocked, but absolutely fine with it. He asked me countless questions, and I was very candid in my responses. He and I are close, and I've often wanted to tell him, but the fact that he was brave enough to come to me first made me proud that he trusted me. He says he doesn't want to see me dressed, which is fine with me, and he thanked me for allowing him to talk openly with no judgement.

My other two kids are older - my daughter is 28, and my eldest son is 24 - I've broached the subject with them in the past, and their responses weren't conducive to me revealing Jenny to them. Hopefully one day.

I feel a sense of relief that someone so close to me knows the truth - he's read a lot about his own feelings, so he didn't judge or assume the "typical" stereotypical responses, such as dressing means you're gay, etc.

A truly great end to a fantastically liberating week, and I am so proud of my son.
    Last edited by JennyUK; 12-12-2020 at 08:53 PM.

Jenny, Congrats on a good week and having that conversation with your youngest son.
    Crissy

Happy being Stevie Stevie Allyn's Avatar
    You must be a great dad for your son to trust you enough to share such things. Also to have brought up a son who is confident enough to tell you of his desire to dress and not be judged by you.

You are rightfully proud of your son, you should also feel proud of yourself for having raised such a wonderful human being. If you can, and care to, give him a hug from me ... just some random CDer on the Internet.

My son showed he could trust me in 2019 a week before Father?s Day by coming out as gay. He was 21 at the time. I just don?t have the guts and I don?t think it?s anything he or my daughter need to know. Don?t know I?ll ever tell them. Glad it worked out for you.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Aspiring Member
    Jenny,

I commend you for being there for your son and letting him know it is OK, and also for disclosing your truth as well. I agree that one's disclosure is liberating, as I shared my authentic gender identity several years ago with my three daughters and I felt the same.

Best wishes!

Banned Read only
    Jenny,
    I feel it's wonderful the trust you had with each other . I guess the one problem could be that they accuse you of encourageing him so you may have to be ready for that one . The important point is they all know , so there's no hiding Jenny any more .

One question , will you suggest using this forum ? We could do with some younger members .

I hope it goes well for both of you .

I must admit it is better they all know eventually , I often go out with my daughter and my son finally came and had a coffee with me .

Jenny,
    I came out my four kids several years ago. I wrote them all a letter explaining I cross dressed. It was something that gave me some joy and I was telling them because I was tired of hiding it and keeping the secret.
    I explained I would not throw it at them, meaning I wouldn't show up at their door en fem. But if they didn't want to be surprised, not to show up at my door unannounced. They all said they still loved me and were happy with it. Their responses ranged from a "I already knew" to couple of side comments, to wanting to see more, to never mentioning it again. I and my wife openly talk about it to them and everyone is fine and doing well. So your kids' may surprise you. Good luck. Hugs
    Michelle