Thread: Strictly Come Dancing dress-up date night on Saturday

Happy being Stevie Stevie Allyn's Avatar

Strictly Come Dancing dress-up date night on Saturday

My wife realised today that this year's final of the UK's Strictly Come Dancing (Dancing With the Stars in other countries) is on my birthday. She is a big fan of the show and I am not. Told her I had no problem with her watching it live, she suggested we both get dressed up in sparkly clothes and watch together. Sounds like a good idea to me!

So Saturday evening we'll be all dolled up and sparkly and watching celebrities dancing with their professional partners. Then a nice meal and bottle of wine, some more TV and cuddles.

Anyone else planning on doing something similar with their SO this weekend?

That sounds like a pretty prefect weekend Stevie
    Sounds most enjoyable,
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

not new anymore just shy VickieBonne's Avatar
    That sounds like fun! My mother-in-law is living with us for a while and for now our dressing together is confined to our bedroom. It won't be forever and my situation with dressing is better than most so I will just tough it out a little longer.

How fun ENJOY!
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Sounds great, except for the strictly bit..

Im joking, its great that she is accepting.

That sounds like fun!
    I'd like to do something like that for new years eve. If only I could make it past 9pm lol

We did that last night, my wife wore a polka dot dress and I wore my white merry widow. A little lopsided but I’m not complaining! The other difference was we watched a Christmas movie but I used to enjoy those dancing programmes, (Julianne Hough doing the samba while wearing the tiger print bodysuit still gets the pulse racing)!

How great! I could only wish my wife would suggest something like that. Then again, the kids being around stops that also.

What a great idea, lucky you!
    Crissy

We did this once and will probably do so again this Saturday. Enjoy! The dresses worn by the presenters and others are a big trigger to me to want to dress. I usually love what Tess is wearing and notice every detail of makeup shoes jewellery etc. The audience in normal times are often very glam and I envy the women on the front row with their short dresses high heels all dolled up.

Banned Read only
    If I could bring myself to dress in front of my wife etc then this would be a perfect night. We always watch Strictly, s d are keen ballroom dancers, so this would be great.

Also, dancing in high heels - amazing feeling!!

Sounds like a wonderful evening - you have a great wife

I am envious.
    I would love to.
    I am not good in high heels though

Yes you are very lucky! I don't know what would be the best me wearing a dress or my wife wearing one its been two years the last time i saw her in a dress! Lol Oh well i am glad to be the lady of the house!

Hi girls,

Yes indeed I do know how lucky I am to have my darling wife be so accepting. She has her limits but I respect them and try not to push her boundaries. Though I still hope she will agree to me having my ears pierced eventually - taking it slow and steady, slow and steady 😁

Really looking forward to it but have run into a few problems already! What dress to wear, what colour nails, which shoes to wear etc A nice set of problems to have I think you'll agree!

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Sounds like a lovely birthday plan. For sure we will be watching the strictly final, one of our favourite shows.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If you're both dressed to the 9's I hope you'll be Dancing with the Stars, Stevie!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Jane G,

Will you be making an occasion of it, and if so how?

Hey Doc,

You wonderful crazy in a good way person, not sure how much dancing we'll be doing. Maybe if there's a smoochy tune we'll get up for a good old smoochy shuffle round the dance floor. Otherwise I think all the smooching will happen on the sofa!

Much love,

Stevie

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    There will be smiles and dancing. I will be leading. Tis the way it Tis.

Smiles and dancing sounds good. I'm feeling more up for a bit of dancing now. This does mean we'll have to move the dog beds and pick up all the dog toys scattered across the floor ...