Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two more things

1) it has definitely progressed from a desire at 5 or 6 yrs old to wearing bra under my shirt.
    Now full dressing with make up, forms, shoes, bra, panties and fem clothes. The internet helped me understand I was not a weird as I thought I was.

2) I've been dressing in front of my wife for many years now. Maybe not as full as when I plan to go out. Her only caveat is don't get caught by people we know.

Great questions Di!

Never been married or has a SO. I am 66, live alone, bur do not dress as often now,. It all starte d aroung age 13 or 14,, sneaking into my sister and mom's things and trying on things, and what a rush! But, guilt qand shame caused me to stop. Bought my first dress at t thrift shop age age 51 / Purged 99% 3 yrs ago. Now have 10 dreses, a few skirts, tops. two pars heels several cheap wigs. I remember when was living wit roommates, i could not wait to dress as much as possible. I guess it was more of a risk, and daring and thrill then. I have had many friends die off, and several close calls on the roads lately, and some health issues now. Low income but i jave a very part time job now. Just surviving is the big issue now, as times are getting crazier everyday, and terribly uncertain, and foreboding. Cding is so fun, and an escape from my lonely guy man life, but it is not the most important thing. I need to make a will, and deal with end of life issues looming, too, like if i get hurt or seriously ill. I have nobody to help me, if i go down. No one to care for my apartment and pets, and if my brother comes here and finds my stash and pictures and things on computer, it will be hell on earth. I am trying to mend things some with my difficult siblings who are older than me, and having senior issues, also. Life is short, and the health goes downhill and we all die. I wish I had never had the strong desire to be a woman part of the time. It has limited me socially and helped keep me single and alone. I have had great conflict wiwth it all. I like being a blue collar outdoorsy man too. My heroes as a kid were John Wayne, Davy Crockett, Daniel Boone, Colonel Travis, sports guys, Johnny Cash, and others. but i have had my odd side with CD also, and fantasized being a lady part of the time. We are all a little or a lot different, and can wear many hats, and are complex. Humans.

Hmm... The first thing I can remember wearing was my mother's heels when I was four or five. I progressed slowly from there, going through the borrowing my mom's (or whomever's clothes) phase as a teenager. After getting married, my wife and I didn't have much money and did have kids, so my dressing was incomplete and sporadic. Now, Thing One is in college. Thing Two is in high school - and before the plague struck had a standing Saturday thing. Suddenly, I had time to dress each week and could afford to start building up my wardrobe.

Then, I found this site. (Yes, right or wrong, I'm blaming it all on y'all! ) Now I want to be able to be myself out in the world on occasion. That's led to trying to learn to apply makeup well and investing in a decent wig. Unfortunately, the last big jump was quickly followed by the pandemic, so I haven't been able to move forward as much as I'd hoped. My wife and I are planning on spending a girl's day/night out between Christmas and NYE. If it pans out, that will be my first real outing.

After that, I'm really not sure. Thing Two will be off to college next fall. I'll need to sit down and talk to my wife about boundaries. Otherwise, I'm liable to overdo things. I still don't have plans for coming out to friends and family, but I'd love to make some like-minded friends for girls' nights and maybe even attend one of the big conferences. I've been thinking a lot about getting rid of my facial hair and getting my ears pierced. Were I to find myself alone one day, I'd at least consider HRT.

As far as how to cope for those of us who can't dress at the moment... I have no idea. The pink fog has definitely bested me for the time being.

At least I'm not alone in this, though. Thank you to all of you for this wonderful community!

Dana

1) Going way back, in Jr High, I would dress up in my Mom's clothes & use makeup whenever I could. Now the desire is to be as passable as I can and on the few occasions I get to dress I use forms, wig and all the rest... I want to be all woman, again in so much as I can.

2) For several years I was unable to dress at all, so I have used Photoshop to virtually cross dress in the past, I got pretty good at it but it is a pale comparison to really being able to be me though...
    ...Damsel in distress.
    Not exactly natural, Stunning none the less...

(As Girls Go by Suzanne Vega)

First Introduction: A quick summary. In the 1968 -70 era, at around age 13 -14, my mother did sewing and alterations and I was drafted to be the sewing mannequin. It came to be noticed that I enjoyed wearing the clothes way too much and I was replaced with a mannequin mother found at a second hand store. A female cousin found out about my desires and offered to participate in my dressing. She had amazing makeup skills and I could easily pass. When nobody was around, we would go out as two girls with me in a mini dress, pantyhose, bra and platform heels of the day.

Second phase: Puberty hit and I couldn't pass in a dark room with people wearing sunglasses. So I haven't worn makeup, nail polish nor a dress in over 50 years. Today I am content with under dressing, panties, pantyhose and lounging around at night in a nightgown. My wife knows and accepts the way I am "wired" as she puts it.