Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Christmas Day Dilemma .

Abby,
    I hope you come through Covid-19 as good as I did or better. I was stuck at home for the month of November. No Thanksgiving family get together. You know what? We still all chatted via video conferencing and had a great time. No passing viruses and food but everything else wss there.

Teresa,
    You have had lots of suggestions, I would say if you are Teresa the rest of the time, stay Teresa. You will see your daughters another time but I personally would not stay alone for Christmas. I love seeing family and would clean extra well and see mom.

PS.
    In our state Covid-19 is rampant and yesterday I went to a wedding (as a male with my wife) and celebrated with 200 other unmasked friends and family. Someone will get sick, we all understand the risks. I bet your mother does too. She chose to invite Teresa.

Janet,

You say covid is rampant and yet 200 gathered for a wedding with the expectation that someone will get sick! What if it's the bride or one of her immediate family and they die? Will it be worth it then?

We can all cope with one quiet Christmas especially if it saves the life of a loved one. I don't have to deal with the dilemma Teresa faces re how and where she presents herself being in the closet but I know it would not interfere with my first choice which would be to keep those nearest and dearest to me safe.

Banned Read only
    Janet ,
    I'm not sure what the maximum number of guests allowed at weddings are in the UK but it's not anywhere near 200 , I have to agree with Helen the risks are far too great especially not even wearing masks for some of the time .

I love seeing my family too but not to risk them or me , anyway the point is now academic as some areas have moved into a higher tier level and no movement at all is allowed outside those areas , I will personally be happier staying alone at home than worrying about who might infect who .

Banned Read only
    Good choice, Teresa. So, yesterday it was reported a new coronavirus strain has surfaced in Great Britain which is more contagious. Greater restrictions. My son and daughter are not even proposing any sort of get together with my wife and myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Janet ,
    I'm not sure what the maximum number of guests allowed at weddings are in the UK but it's not anywhere near 200

POI.
    In England, wedding and civil partnership ceremonies and receptions can take place with 15 people in attendance in tier one and tier two areas. Receptions are not allowed in tier three and four, but ceremonies can be attended by up to 15 people.

Receptions are also required to follow certain social distancing rules.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

The safe and sensible thing to do would be postpone the wedding.
    Then everyone will be able to celebrate it at a later stage.
    We don't need 4 funerals and a wedding!