Thread: Christmas Day Dilemma .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned Read only

Christmas Day Dilemma .

I'm sure Christmas this year is to many a little complicated , who are we allowed to spend it with during the Covid-19 restrictions ?

I live alone now and would be happy to spend Xmas day alone if I had to to stay safe so I could look forward to a better 2021 when the vaccine is widely available .

My ex-wife is cooking the meal for my my daughter and family , initially she told me I wasn't invited as Teresa or otherwise . My mother never knows how many will turn up on the day but she has invited me to join her and my sister and her family , obviously still trying to stick to the rules .

Now my dilemma , my ex-wife has changed her mind so I can join them but only in male mode , my mother has gone out of her way to tell everyone she has invited me as Teresa ( or Terri to her ) and gone as far as telling my sister she doesn't want any awkwardness !

My gut feeling is I should bite the bullet and join my family with my ex-wife but my mother deserves my support for going out on a limb with her acceptance and support for me .

I have kindly thanked my mother for her offer and made it clear I'm not going to break the lockdown rules when we are so close to getting the vaccine , she totally agreed . She also admmitted she is very concerned about Christmas and the virus situation this years which is understandable at 91 . So she will understand if I don't accept her offer but then I'm not sure if I want to spend the day with my ex-wife .
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-16-2020 at 11:22 AM.