Thread: Coming out (almost) at the gym

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Coming out (almost) at the gym

A few weeks ago, as I have mentioned on this forum before, I have acknowledged that I am a transexual. My natural mannerisms, walk, stance, etc. are very feminine. However I have always had to tone that down when in male mode. One of the benefits of my new journey is the realization that I no longer have to pretend to be something that I am not. Now I am not, for various reasons, going to transition. But that does not mean that I should repress how I carry myself or how I interact with others. Phew. Hope your still following me. I sometimes get a bit verbose. Anyway I always wear leggings to the gym, shopping, etc. But I have always maintained a masculine persona; as if to say "hey i'm just a guy who likes leggings" Well I decided that I was at least going to take a small step. When I went to my gym today I wore a pair of stripped, bright blue leggings, a very feminine mask, and a gender neutral shirt. I just let myself be me, from my mannerisms, voice; not super high, just soft and gentle. I felt very comfortable and the women were great and one of them asked me where I got my leggings. During class my mannerisms came so naturally. I thought back to what a teacher one said to me in a voice modification class; "when I look at you sitting down your mannerisms say female. you look very natural"). Overall another small step but I just felt so at peace being myself. I didn't need a wig, makeup, bra, etc. to be Angela. I just was.
    Last edited by Angela Marie; 12-16-2020 at 06:14 PM.