Thread: Coming out (almost) at the gym

Coming out (almost) at the gym

A few weeks ago, as I have mentioned on this forum before, I have acknowledged that I am a transexual. My natural mannerisms, walk, stance, etc. are very feminine. However I have always had to tone that down when in male mode. One of the benefits of my new journey is the realization that I no longer have to pretend to be something that I am not. Now I am not, for various reasons, going to transition. But that does not mean that I should repress how I carry myself or how I interact with others. Phew. Hope your still following me. I sometimes get a bit verbose. Anyway I always wear leggings to the gym, shopping, etc. But I have always maintained a masculine persona; as if to say "hey i'm just a guy who likes leggings" Well I decided that I was at least going to take a small step. When I went to my gym today I wore a pair of stripped, bright blue leggings, a very feminine mask, and a gender neutral shirt. I just let myself be me, from my mannerisms, voice; not super high, just soft and gentle. I felt very comfortable and the women were great and one of them asked me where I got my leggings. During class my mannerisms came so naturally. I thought back to what a teacher one said to me in a voice modification class; "when I look at you sitting down your mannerisms say female. you look very natural"). Overall another small step but I just felt so at peace being myself. I didn't need a wig, makeup, bra, etc. to be Angela. I just was.
    Last edited by Angela Marie; 12-16-2020 at 06:14 PM.

Happy being Stevie Stevie Allyn's Avatar
    Yes, you are Angela.

feel the same - besides working out is too hot to be wearing a wig.

As a foot note, my female trainer became my one of my work clients who I had to visit while in male mode, so couldn't pretend to be someone else.

IMG_20180902_081446.jpg
    Last edited by Rachelakld; 12-17-2020 at 03:30 AM.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Silver Member
    That is beautiful. I love how you Identify as trans but feel no need to transition, so you don't. You are living your truth, and very happy about it. Isn't it nice how women so easily accept you as one of them without a second thought? That's been my experience as well, and it just might be the best part about expressing my femininity in public.

Quote Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
    That is beautiful. I love how you Identify as trans but feel no need to transition, so you don't. You are living your truth, and very happy about it. Isn't it nice how women so easily accept you as one of them without a second thought? That's been my experience as well, and it just might be the best part about expressing my femininity in public.
    Thank you Suzanne. That is exactly how I feel. I won't transition due to a number of issues; but the ability to express my true self is so gratifying.

Aspiring Member
    Angela,

Good for you! I can relate to your approach.

Best wishes on journey!

Being over 70 I am not going anywhere near a gym. Too much risk. Of course, between the ages of 19 and 70 I never set foot inside one anyway, so, not too much of a sacrifice.

About a month ago I realized my walking and bike riding wasn't doing enough to control my weight. As luck would have it I got hooked up with a personal trainer who is a transwoman. She comes to my house. I work out with a mask. Many birds slain with a single stone.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Heather loves heels Heather2die4's Avatar
    Yes, the gym is a great place to express your inner girl. Before the COVID shutdown, I was teaching yoga classes wearing cute girls' yoga pants, panties (with the boys neatly tucked), a tank top, ear rings, sandals, and a smile. I so love the hybrid mode. So freeing and fun. I especially love Capris and tanks as they allow me to show off my shaved legs and under arms to good advantage.

I still like to put on a dress and high heels to go out en femme but this year, hybrid mode is my new favorite way to present. I dress in hybrid mode for grocery shopping, running errands about town, walking, and my favorite: buying girls' clothes at the used clothing stores. It's so much easier than trying to keep the wig in place and looking good while pulling on a top or a dress. And women love to offer encouraging comments. I LOVE THIS LIFE!!

Back in June there was a window where gyms opened back up. I took advantage and signed up as Jennifer at a local national gym one town over. I was able to go a couple of times and it was wonderful. I look forward to going again once this is all under control. The gym is a great place to express who we are.