Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How far would you go to be "YOU " ?

I don't even think you need to be OTT to stand out. There are women out that stand out without being OTT. Whether it be the click of their heels or a nice dress or well done hair, they won't be seen as OTT but more as dressed to impress. Or a woman at the mall in tall heels and short skirt, and maybe OTT but more something like trashy, ****ty, or inappropriate. But as CDers we might fear being OTT as if we are trying too hard to appear feminine that we go past it into hyper feminine.

But I think when it becomes a regular thing to dress out you become more practical. You don't have time to put in so much effort every day. You will keep the things you like most and trim the aspects that don't matter as much.

"YOU" can still include fun and OTT, but for many that is practical for daily wear. Just like some women like to dress different for a fun night out or in

I'm definitely on the blend in side of the fence. I don't really like attention to begin with, so I'd try to not stand out as much as possible. I have no wish to come out, but I really want to start going out - just where I won't run into anyone I know!

Dana

Silver Member
    Depends on how you define OTT. Some people think just wearing sheer pantyhose (and a "modest" length skirt) is OTT because GGs don't wear pantyhose anymore. Some might argue most women only wear pants and leggings and don't wear skirts or dresses anymore to wearing those is OTT.

Personally, I will keep wearing my skirts and pantyhose and other traditional women's wear, no matter what people think.

Pretty far I would say.

Wearing heels and mini skirts is one of the things I'm known for and one of the reasons I'm so popular.

I live in the real world, as Jean and have been for years now. Pretty much all my friends are GGs including my Best friend. I have boyfriends. These are long term relationships that I have developed, not by blending and hiding, but by being me.

Decades ago I would have been OTT for sure.
    Now that I'm out to many, have full support of my spouse and go out when I wish I've found it's more "average woman".
    I'm just trying to be me in the world and not be the standout. I don't really care if I'm not noticed at all. In fact I think that makes me more "average".
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

When I look at way most GGs dress and I?m not criticizing but I would say I?m OTT. At this point with my dressing I only wear skirts and dresses when I go out shopping and like to present as feminine as possible. I know I don?t blend well but that is the thrill of it for me.

I'm a gender blender. Not really interested in the OTT side of things, though I'm an introvert and don't enjoy the spotlight.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Teresa, maybe I didn't explain myself well. I never meant to dis your life style or choices at all!

Just wanted u and others here to realize that to many CD's and fetish dressers, THAT IS their real world!
    Many of us could come out, present and live as women.

We just don't want to!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    That's OK but like I said I covered that in my opening thread .

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I have never tried to push things with my wife. We love each other very much and perhaps she would except more but a I am comfortable with what is a DADT relationship at present. I was fully dressed just last evening when she came home from shift early. We hugged as she came in but I instinctively headed straight up and changed after that. It works for us and we are a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine cd View Post
    All of my dressing experience has centered around being conservative in my fashion choices. My favorite outfit would be a sweater or blouse with a matching skirt and low-heeled pumps or flats.
    Ditto. I worry too much about passing and find if I dress conservatively (and expensively when possible) it’s much more fun and relaxing.

Have a whole bin of “costume clothes” - fishnets, mini skirts, huge bra etc. Could never handle heels over about two inches.

Banned Read only
    I would have to agree with you. I am going full time and I dress to blend as we like to say.

I looked at what GG's my age and body type wear and tried to emulate that while developing my own style.

Teresa, Sherry is right.

I don't think you understand Sherry's point.

I have not met as many CDs as Sherry, but I do know a few.

My boyfriend is a CD, OTT, fetish dresser, yes Sherry as you described. I don't really care for it but it makes him happy, and he will never go out in public. Has absolutely no desire to, also has never been on this website as with a lot of others that I've met.

So maybe limited by circumstance, while others as Sherry describes are limited by desire. They are happy with where they
    are and have no desire to transition.

I think of it as different levels of gender dysphoria. With some it is so slight as to not even be seen or felt or whatever. And with others there's nothing they can do it just totally consumes them.

It's a matter of finding balance so you can have peace in your life. You can read about it over and over again in the threads as to what the members do to maintain their sanity.

So for many they find the balance and they're good they don't have to go any farther.

This concept can be hard for somebody who feels the need to transition.

it's just what I've seen from talking to people. And looking for the answer to why.

Think I went over the top when I reached a D cup! Yet for some reason I can't stop...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I would certainly dress OTT, specially in the highest heels ever made!
    What is interesting because is the opposite behavior of my male self...

Banned Read only
    Jean,
    Before lockdown I use to visit three or four social groups so I have come across the mix Sherry mentions . The groups serve many functions , for some like me it was the final stepping stone to become Teresa full time , to others it's a few hours of escapism to be the cute little girl or the tart . About 25% are accompanied by their wives /partners , some enjoy it and others to keep an eye on what their CDing partners are up to . OK I sometimes use them to go a little OTT , maybe it's still something I need to get out of my system but for everyday being an acceptable lady going about her business is my main aim .

I do feel the majority have GD to some extent but there are the few who are looking for the sexual hookup , sometimes I do question if they are CDers or using dressing as a cover .
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-28-2021 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Think I went over the top when I reached a D cup! .
    I think you need to tell these new members about your brake bleeder breast enlarger !lol
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Banned Read only
    I don't think there is such a thing as going OTT. The fact that a man is wearing women's any clothes could be considered OTT by a lot of people, even if it is the most conservative or inoffensive clothes. Sometimes we work so hard to break down stereotypes and prejudices, yet we are guilty of making all kinds of assumptions ourselves. If you want to dress like a little old lady or like a 19 year old tart, that's awesome. As long as what you do makes you happy and won't get you arrested for indecent exposure, go for it. When I go out during the day, I will usually dress to blend in and I have to admit that it's disappointing to see so many GGs wearing clothes that are basically non-binary, especially the sneakers. In the evening hours I prefer to get glammed up to go out and this can range from elegant and sexy outfits all the way to age-inappropriate clubwear that makes me look like a trashy 80s hooker. I have a lot of fun with my looks, and with the feedback I get from others. It's a part of who I am and I am happy to be alive in a time when you can do that sort of thing and not worry about being assaulted.

I don't go ott, I don't need to stand out, for instance a B cup bust suits me nicely.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Monica,
    I don't see myself as a man wearing women's clothes , I also don't think I'm guilty making assumptions . I could possibly admit I don't dress totally appropriately for my age but I don't look like an old granny and I don't dress as a 19 year old tart , as you can see from my avatar .

To a point I agree with you about what the majority of women choose to wear but I feel it's the wrong label to suggest they dress like a NB person , ( whatever that is ) .

I posted my thread to to give an insight into presenting as a woman full time and how far I've gone to achieve a balance and acceptance from the general public . Many of the comments I read often contain misconceptions of what it takes to achieve it , people very rarely react badly , in fact in three years I haven't had a bad experience . I find mostly they are on your side , they actually support you , some tell me I'm brave or courageous . I don't usually react to those comments as they are behind me , besides it also shows I've been read .

Quote Originally Posted by Rogina B View Post
    I think you need to tell these new members about your brake bleeder breast enlarger !lol
    That is still against the law, here, Rogina! Lol.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Interesting Teresa, you've a secret side!? In all your posts and pics, I've never heard or seen anything that mite be considered Over The Top! (The OTT mentioned here.)
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    I do hold some of my pictures back , I can't have you thinking I'm more than " Mumsie Teresa !! "

I sincerely doubt we have the same definition of OTT.

I actually got called on the carpet for being OTT. It was for my dress and behavior. She was right, I was out of control. Her words "if you're going to a dress like a lady then act like one".

A close friend and the bar manager, a small town bar. Locals hangout.

I was at the bar playing pool mid day, somewhat normal. I let this guy pick me up. I had a room down the street. When I returned by myself I was wearing a different outfit. I didn't know who he was and he picked me up. I guess he was a regular , a psychiatrist and I should have said no.

It wasn't that big of deal, but it was at the time to me.

I was just finding myself and stumbling along the way.

Jean,

Hooking up with someone from your local bar does not have to be an OTT moment. It was OTT in their minds, but you can think and act for yourself. Now if your language and actions at the bar made you look like a hooker, that is different. People hook up all the time in bars, local or not. Why can't you? You made a decision, liked it and if you want, in my opinion, you can do it again if you feel the moment is right. We all stumble and we should all experiment. Then, we can speak from our own experience. You should listen to what your friends say, and then question them more if you still feel you were not in the wrong. Opinions help if given in a good way. Live happy and long, life gets shorter every day!

Allie