Thread: 2020 Virus

2020 Virus

I`m wondering what the Virus` impact may have had on you in 2020. For me its been an adjustment as kid`s are home from college, but that said, it`s nice seeing them. On the other hand its greatly diminished my girl time and has greatly enhanced the `Covid Beard`. All I know is better days are ahead. Happy Holidays all!

I'm retired just a little over two years and quickly adding more months to the locked down column. At this pace in a few months I'll have literally spent half of my retirement time under restrictions. In my area they are taking a more cautious approach but am only a few miles from Wisconsin where pretty much anything goes which has created some awkward situations with family of two opinions on the whole thing. I'm looking forward to getting the vaccine and getting back out doing things I have put on hold. The present is very restrictive but I am starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel and better days ahead. Happy holidays to you too SuzyZahn.

I've been able to improve my cooking skills by cooking two or three meals a day. As I work from home I can prep food hours in advance.

I've been able to work very effectively from home as I've had the same job for decades and can do a lot of stuff from memory.

I do miss going out. Last year I went to my first concert and was going to another this year.
    I'd go to the mall and then eat out at a restaurant before returning home. As well as going to one of the many agricultural fairs.

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 12-19-2020 at 05:21 PM.

It really has not affected me much. I don't go hang out with a bunch of motorcycle riders like I used to, but I am working everyday and out in public constantly. The plus side, we are doing some home remodeling we have been putting off for years! It is just my wife and I at home so no change there. She is accepting, so I dress when I want and that is pretty much every day. Some days full out, a dress, boobs and high heels, or like tonight, high heel boots, skinny black stretch pants, a gray turtle neck and boobs.

Aspiring Member
    Girl time? Gone.
    Travel? Gone.
    Much less traffic at work. Hardly see anyone.
    Work is difficult in a mask and gloves.
    Bosses must give themselves an extra lobotomy.
    Company staff are hard to find to get work done. They work remotely, they say.
    Quit social media entirely. Had cut down a lot. What a wasteland from good sense.
    No problem getting parking or shopping.
    I can shop anytime because I now “work remotely”.
    Garden time? Hugely expanded. Distancing is easy when there is weeding to do.
    Time to myself? Lots of it but less desire to do much with it.

Now that I caught THE VIRUS (at work, ironically),
    Christmas moves to January 18.
    It messes with my body and my mind.
    Lots of time curled up with my cat.
    Friends have been wonderfully helpful.
    I miss the children that I work with.
    Last edited by char GG; 12-18-2020 at 12:37 PM. Reason: No political references please

Being retired with a fully supportive spouse has pushed me nearly full time.
    The only "company" we seem to have anymore is the UPS, FedEx and Postman (woman in our case). There are days when we both don't even change from our nightgowns and just chill watching TV or movies or YouTube.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I actually started getting electrolysis for my face. I fugured I can get away with it since my face is usually covered up anyway now.

My favorite trans support group has changed meetings to online and we can no longer hang out at a restaurant after.

Now that I’ve had all the time to dress and haven’t done it much, I’m starting to explore and understand what factors are holding me back from embracing and enjoying being Josie.

My 4 Taylor Swift concerts got postponed.

3 of my favorite stores have closed or are closing. In person shopping is going to be less of an option for me.
    Hugs and Kisses,
    Josie

"No day but today." ~RENT

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation OMG! My entire social life is over!

Three big, week long, T events cancelled that I usually attend in Vegas. Hamburger Mary's monthly monster T girl nite shut down in SoCal. T get togethers at bars none existent!

Good thing Sherry has a secret, private life as Super Heroine and model!
    P1490749 (552x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I actually got hired for a part time van driver for a nursing home. Iam very saddened that so many cares, restaurants, bars, skating rinks, bowlin galleys, and donut shops closed down forever, and somany people with no income. I have had it good. Sad to see no faces now, only masks and eyes.

Grateful I have not lost any family or friends to the virus feel terrible for others that have. As far as my dressing it has suffered since my wife is working from home before I would work on my outfits and makeup skills while working from home dang I miss those days it was helpful to coordinate dresses, skirts, tops and matching accessories before venturing out. No covid beard for me smooth nose to toes.

I`m wondering what the Virus` impact may have had on you in 2020?
    I was semi-retired but was pulled back into state COVID operations. Personal life style; I had to restrict my GFs from visiting socializing i.e. Thanksgiving etc
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

2020 has not changed much for me. What has changed for me is that I remodeled my house, moved all my belongings into shipping containers, and have moved into my RV. Not much room for two wardrobes, so I have not dressed since February and it is kind of driving me nuts. So I have been slowly exploring my makeup skills. 2020/Covid has put a crimp in going to Sephora or Ulta for pointers and makeovers, so I am stumbling along and doing absolutely rotten at it.

Platinum Member
    I have been retired since 2008. My wife fully retired last year, before covid. Retirement has been a downer when it comes to dressing. She does not drive as she has a depth perception problem. We're glued at the hip. Pre-covid she use to stay overnight at our daughter's apartment and babysit our grandchild. That gave me the opportunity to be Stephanie for an entire day. Right now I am limited to sleeping in a nightie and panty, and, banging away in such on the computer, wearing a floor length bathrobe until it's male clothes time. Sigh!

Banned Read only
    Other that slowing my coming out at work timeline down it really has not had that much of an effect on my life. As I have said before in some ways it makes my life easier, as wearing a mask gives me more confidence going out dressed. I do miss going out dancing on Friday nights, but that has been replaced with Zoom drinking and dancing with a group of CD/TG and I have made lots of new CD/TG friends that are near me.

For me it has been a bit of a mixed bag. My dear wife, who is rather supportive has been rather busy with her own life in Covid. She plays cards (hand and foot) with her girlfriends, done binge watching with her girlfriends, and has given me the opportunity to dress quite a bit more. I dress 4 to 5 times a week now, much more than the 1 or 2 times a week from pre Covid. I keep busy doing housework en femme and enjoying my hybrid work schedule. I work about 4 hours in office and a few at home.

I?ve been practicing guitar several hours a day. My notes and chords are sounding smoother and clearer than I ever believed possible.

And, as I?ve mentioned before, I?m essentially 24/7 now.

I keep saying that I'd like to complain, but I really can't. My wife and I are both still working (from home). Our family and friends have been lucky. We know a few people who've had the virus, but haven't lost anyone. My dressing time has taken a nosedive, though, with my younger daughter home 24/7!

It's been so much worse for so many people. I'm hoping for a better 2021 for all of us!

Dana