Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My dream finally happened.

My dream finally happened.

After 20 years of hoping, and dreaming. One of my hopes and dreams finally happened. Tonight around 23:00 I take my first sprio, and estradiol pill. I work second shift that is why I'm taking it so late. I'm finally ready for this journey, and to start a new chapter in my life.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Good luck and I hope you enjoy your new operating system.

Hi Ericka_d,

Congratulations!

Marion

Thanks ladies. I still thought it was a dream. Till I saw the pills in front of me. When I went to get them. When I finally took my pills. I felt a calm I've never felt. Not pill related, but more or less just my mind knowing I don't have to be male any longer.

With any luck you'll feel those good feelings and it will be pill related, but either way, congrats!

Best wishes on this new part of your journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Happy being Stevie Stevie Allyn's Avatar
    Congratulations and best wishes for the rest of your journey!

Aspiring Member
    Ericka,

Congratulations! Best wishes on your journey.

Michele

Quote Originally Posted by Ericka_d View Post
    Thanks ladies. I still thought it was a dream. Till I saw the pills in front of me. When I went to get them. When I finally took my pills. I felt a calm I've never felt. Not pill related, but more or less just my mind knowing I don't have to be male any longer.
    Congratulations. And you're right. The emotional effect of taking a positive step towards resolving some of the causes of our dysphoria is powerful indeed. And if you think that effect is powerful now, wait until you start seeing some of the changes.
    I get it now, why some get cold feet at that point. It's a sobering realization, that this is "getting real". At the same time, though (for me at least), it's gratifying in a way like no other.

Good luck on your journey.

Hugs,

Kelly
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

My morning you know what.it Was their in apprence, and feeling, but it was super soft. I could bend it very easily. I tired my before work fun time. I could get hard to a degree, but my mind wasn't there. Like it was 24 hours prior.

I don't hate my penis, but that going away also dosn't bother me. Its not like I had a sexual life as a man any way.
    Last edited by Raychel; 12-19-2020 at 04:44 PM. Reason: TMI, Really don't need to hear about your bathroom habits

Congratulations! that first pill is great to take

Congrats Ericka, I still recall with great happiness that cloud-9 feeling you now share with us!
    Marie

Well today I got a sample of my new emotions. I woke up happy. I cried a bit when I heard bad news from a friend. Even though what she told me in june was far worst, and I've been snapping at all sorts of things this afternoon. I guess welcome to woman hood.

Happy being Stevie Stevie Allyn's Avatar
    Ericka,

Hormones are powerful things. Not only will they change your body but they will also change your brain, sometimes in ways you are not expecting. Your emotional reactions to "the world out there" may seem a little unusual at first but you will soon be at ease with the real you.

Best wishes,

Stevie

I was expecting the emotional change, just not this quick. I figured maybe 2-4 weeks before I noticed them. I also noticed a few minor things before I showered tonight. I haven't showerd since Friday night after work. I worked saturday, and got sweaty today doing things around the home. My hair was not as oily as it usually would be after 48 hours, it aslo seems like the male stink is gone all ready.

That "male stink" is a good thing to be rid of
    Marie

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieTS View Post
    That "male stink" is a good thing to be rid of
    Maybe, but not that the new smell is roses either. When i return home from long runs, my partner and my kids all complain I stink and persist I immediately take a shower.

I can't comment on smell, but the last two days after work. I have only smelled like work. While in the past I would be smelling like a working man. Now I don't really smell at all. It also seems like I'm not sweating as munch. Which is probably why I don't stink.

Aspiring Member
    My partner (gg), sweats more than I do and I don't find her sweaty smell any more attractive than dude's. I think it is an individual thing.

Happy for you Erica,
    It looks like this thread will be as your journal, lol.
    Regarding morning woods and sex drive or libido falling to zero, I can say that's one of the many spironolactone side effect. I was happy too of feeling sex no in the way men feel it but wonder how woman feel, and woman rarely talk about it, at least my wife.
    It's been 6 months since the orchi so no more spiro and sexual feelings, erections and libido had came back, not in the way as I used to feel it but that confirms my theory that women have sex drive and libido but in a totally different way, more emotional than physical or I could say, animal.

Good luck in your journey and so many changes wait for you in the coming weeks....

Devi
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

I've noticed drive is all ready completely different. Like when I would come home from work, or wakeup. That was my first thought. I'm still waking up in the morning somewhat in the mood, but not as strong.

As for changes. My skin at feels softer. I noticed that on my legs first the other day. While I was going to the bathroom. My hair has also become more soft, and easier to deal with. It also seems like my aerloias are getting bigger, and are getting darker.

As for this being a journal. Maybe? I don't know how munch ill have to post. Once the dialy things I notice. Become normal, and the changes are slower then.

I saw a study that said the decrease in sex drive was common, but that it was also temporary. The study showed it returned after three years. Maybe it takes time for the brain to align with the hormones?

Marion

It seems like my hair is a bit thicker. Not saying the hormones are working that fast on my hair. I think its becasue of less oil in my hair.

Congratulations on this new step!

Ive told two woman in my life that I started hormones. Both were super happy for me, and really didn't phase them. As I think they viewed me as a woman for a while now. I did laugh when one looked at me, and said wait till the emotions come. I told her I'm expecting them. Both did ask if I have any girl friends to help deal with them, and I said not really. They both seemed shocked by that, but for 35 years of my life. I was male. The only females I knew were friends wives or girlfriends. As I didn't really hang out with woman. Because of that ive officially gained my first female friends. Now just one more person to tell in a few weeks. When I see her again. She has been super supportive of me also, but we also a lot closer. So im sure her reaction will be a bit different also.