Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else have to shower before dressing in women's clothes?

Does anyone else have to shower before dressing in women's clothes?

I've worn women's clothes whenever possible since childhood but I've always "had" to shower before and would feel too dirty to dress up .

Maybe it's because dressing has always been a kind of recreation to me, creating and "being" the woman I wish I was married to, in physical and clothing terms, so maybe I view it as a sacred ritual or at least something very special, so I need to feel clean before dressing.

Anyone else similar?
    Last edited by Di; 12-19-2020 at 02:25 PM. Reason: TMI

Yes, i prefer to when i have time.
    Feels like im starting from scratch.

Happy being Stevie Stevie Allyn's Avatar
    I wouldn't say I have to shower first but I do very much prefer to shower before dressing. Sometimes when I am happily having a male day the act of showering will trigger the desire to dress. Not sure why that would be, maybe I associate being clean and smelling good with femininity?

Banned Read only
    I prefer to, but it's not compulsory. If I'm going the full way, I will shower because I can shave at the same time and that's a must!

Always do. Not because they're female clothes. Just because I'm not slipping in clean clothes when dirty.

I have never been in such a hurry to dress that I neglected to bathe and shave. I have, however, been in a hurry to remove those clothes many times and was glad that I bathed before putting them on because I was prepared for what happened later.

I shower daily, twice sometimes due to daily workouts. Whether i'm dressing or not is irrelevant.

Banned Read only
    Silky,
    My usual daily routine is to shave all over and then shower before putting my makeup on and getting dressed , even if it is just jeans and a blouse before taking a walk with other dog walkers .

I can understand the idea of it being sacred , I felt that sometimes many years ago but not now .

Oh yes, It is my routine before wearing feminine garments. ...a sacred ritual??? Eh...
    Being clean and neat was one of many, motherly advice points I was told, when I was a teenager learning to transition.
    "No one likes a dirty person!"
    It was explained to me that it is part of the whole presentation, to smell feminine and feel soft and supple.
    Using the correct products was very important too, Zest didn't make the cut.
    Back then, I was using Avon skin so soft oils and Satin Talc Powder, Herbal Essence Shampoo and conditioner and Avon Always perfume and lotion.
    Today, taking the time to bathe in Calgon Lavender bath oil beads or shower with Caress Body Soap.
    Touching up my epulated arms and legs so nylons don't snag and satin fabrics glide over my bodies curves!
    When I am clean and smelling pretty, I am more confident on my presentation, and it motivated me to accept my overall situation.
    It was also a way of loving myself and accepting how I was raised.
    Maybe a Sacred Ritual if you consider it is all part of your mental health too.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

I bathe and have my whole body or I dont do it.

Aspiring Member
    I get even less opportunity to do laundry than I do to dress. I shower and shave before dressing so the clothes will stay cleaner longer.

SOmetimes. I dont want to stink with B.O. when putting on such nice things.

I usually shower and shave my entire body before slipping into my feminine things. The scent of my lotion helps my feel ready to be a woman again.

Banned Read only
    As long as I was not dirty, sweaty, or stinky I never bothered to do more than wash my face and shave if I was going do makeup. Which was not very often for most of my life.

I sure do the first thing I do before dressing is shower, shave my face, legs, chest and of course I use a ladies razor with scented shaving cream after showering I apply a lavender lotion and a feminine deodorant. For me this is a very important part of my feminization process.

Does anyone else have to shower before dressing in women's clothes?
    Wow Im speechless...but will give it a try to opine, since the question was proposed...Yes
    Last edited by mbmeen12; 12-20-2020 at 02:31 AM.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

I do. I have to after a day's work grime.

I do.
    99% of the time I do after I get up or after I work out.

Thank you for all the responses and I am glad to know it's normal to want to feel especially clean before wearing women's clothes.

The reason I posted the question was because I've felt crushed lately by scenarios like the following:

1. Showering, shaving, drying, then a courier knocked at the door and the nearest clothes I could find nearby in a panic were my men's everyday clothes, but after I'd accepted the parcel and closed the door, I then felt the need to shower AGAIN before putting my dress on, simply because I'd worn my everyday male clothes for 5 minutes to answer the door in the meantime.

2. I went to bed determined to go jogging in women's clothes but then unexpectedly needed to go to the toilet, which made me feel too dirty to then just put my running gear on, and if I'd then had a quick shower, I'd have been late for work, so I decided not to go jogging and it made me feel sad.

Sure, it seems I like 99% of us like to feel clean and smell nice and shave before dressing up, but am I in the minority in the way I let scenarios like these "stop" me from putting on my dress or whatever?
    Last edited by char GG; 12-20-2020 at 09:45 AM. Reason: No need to clarify

I think the clean and smelling nice is likely the main conscious reason. I use a women's shampoo and body wash and that creates what registers with me as an appropriate clean female odor. OK, that is not actually true, but it is close, at least for a little while.

There could be a subconscious association occurring as well. As Kym said, "... starting from scratch." Perhaps a psychological association that you are "washing away the maleness" to replace it with femaleness. I sometimes see hints of that kind of thinking in myself. Of course, that depends on the motivation for your dressing in the first place. If you just love the clothes and the like then that may not be a factor. But if dressing is a way to express the female-like identity you currently feel internally then the subconscious motivation to be "clean" might well be there, but you are just not very aware of it because it is a subconscious motivation. Search your feelings and see if that is part of it as well. You can bring a subconscious action or motivation into the conscious mind, but it is a difficult process and requires complete honesty with yourself. You can also convince your conscious mind of things that are not true; that is why conspiracy theories work. Be careful with this tool.

When I was working I would, just because of the work being outside and dirty.
    Now retired I'm dressed almost full time so it's not necessary.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

A nice shower is a must for me personally. I love washing away all that maleness and stepping out fresh and smelling like a Queen. It?s like a renewal of the spirit.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by silkycdresser View Post
    am I in the minority in the way I let scenarios like these "stop" me from putting on my dress or whatever?
    Well I am no Doctor, but it sounds like you might suffer from some level OCD. Conditions like ADHD, depression, and anxiety disorders like OCD are very common in our community.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 12-20-2020 at 02:08 PM.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    So, I used to dress in the morning early right after getting up before I showered and started my work prep ritual.
    Now that I've retired, I shave and shower and moisturise before getting all Carla in the morning.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Yes, Now I shave and moisturize even if I do not get an opportunity to dress. I feel more fem that way every day. I also do mascara most days dressed or not.