Thread: Affiming your name .

Banned Read only

Affirming your name .

I've had many discussions with my TG/TS friends over my choice of name , I keep trying to assure them changing from Terry to Terri is working fine for me and not because I want to hold to any maleness , if and when I formally change my name my initials will remain the same which keeps things much simpler with banks and credit cards .

Today I had an affirmation of my choice , on Sky Arts channel here in the UK Eddie Izzard was the celebrity sitter for the final of the Portrait Artist of the Year . Eddie was introduced as " She " , she then went onto explain she has come out as gender fluid and appeared wearing a red dress with a denim jacket and black lace up heeled boots , her makeup wasn't OTT . It was the first time she had accepted and requested to be called " she and her " . The important point is she's retained her name Eddie , Ok I accept as a celebrity it makes more sense but she now insists on female labels . No mention was made of future transition plans , no matter I was so pleased she came out finally as female .
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-21-2020 at 10:35 AM.

Happy being Stevie Stevie Allyn's Avatar
    Love Eddie Izzard! Her humour really tickles my funny bone.

I sort of envy you have that option.no way David works as a female name though and nothing close to it that I even considered.

My name is a combination of the little girl who started it all and my mother's middle name! I had no, zero problems changing my name on anything! I think it is what we are comfortable with! My 2 cents! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferMBlack View Post
    I sort of envy you have that option.no way David works as a female name though and nothing close to it that I even considered.
    Davina is a female name.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    Stephanie is not difficult to figure out. According to my mother I was suppose to be a girl since her first born was a boy and named after her father. I was to be the Americanized version of my grandmother's name. I ended up being the American male name of my grandmother's European name. Then twelve years later she has a girl. My sister is a Stephanie. I was estranged from my family until my mother passed on. I decided I was suppose to be Stephanie, so I took it. I did think about another name but drew a blank.

I called myself Diana for a while. Then I decided to make it easier for others to remember so chose to introduce myself as Robbie. Not a very feminine name but one that is easy for folk to remember.
    Cheers
    Robbie

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If Eddie were younger she mite prefer to be referred to as "they"? I've met a few "they's". Under 30's!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Ah-May-Lee
    In the beginning of my journey I was similar to Eddie cause I used my given name. It can be used as a female name too, especially for a southern girl. I had no reason to use a new name. I didn't have outside influences that told me to change my name. Later on I changed my name just for the fun of it and I kinda like it now,Yvonne. Amelie is just a user name for online.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    I've just checked the online comments after the program and she now prefers " she & her " at one time she did use NB labels but she's not saying now she is NB , I do feel she may go onto transition , at 58 she's ceratinly not too old .

Amelia,
    Being out fulltime means I will now stick with my name , when members of my art group call my name I don't feel misgended as a man and I don't have the problem of continually correcting people , I must admit I have fun enough without playing around with my name . OK I'm known as much by Terri as I am Teresa , I'm here as Teresa and my social groups call me by it but otherwise I give my name as Terri , that is with my GP, dentist , blood donation , opticians and the library , nearly forgot my dog walking friends .
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-21-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferMBlack View Post
    Davida (pronounced dah-VEE-dah) is an excellent woman's name.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I kind of wish I'd chosen something that sounds more like my male name. I've been at gatherings where someone has said "Hey, Nancy..." and I didn't look because it's not deeply ingrained enough in my brain.
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

This thread has reminded me of a show he did some years ago, haven't seen it again since my first viewing, I highly recommend it.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0496343...nm_flmg_act_39
    Be the best you, be the true you.
    That said, I love faceapp so much I change my avatar daily

https://giphy.com/gifs/l0MYEWpv7Ue0RFVaE/html5

Reality Check
    The name I use here is not my real name of course, it's just the name of someone I worked with in the past. If I were to come out to the world and live as a female, I might use the name my mother had picked for me if I had been born a female (Yes folks, there was a time in the dark ages when a baby's sex was not known until it was born). Unfortunately, my wife had someone in her past with that name that she didn't like so that's probably out.

There is a variation of my "real" male name that I could use and I would probably use that.
    Krisi