Thread: Eddie Izard ? No surprise to anyone

Eddie Izard ? No surprise to anyone

I’m posting this link (https://www.dailywire.com/news/actor...nsition-period) to the article “Actor-Comedian Eddie Izzard: I’m In ‘Girl Mode’ Now. ‘This Is A Little Transition Period’” in The Daily Wire about a recent interview with Eddie. It includes a great photo of him just blending in as a woman.

So I’m wondering why people with star power are able to live the life apparently with no adverse consequences, while we, the run of the mill CD/TG/TS, have to plot and plan our course so carefully to avoid an epic crash-and-burn in our lives.
    Last edited by Rhonda Darling; 12-22-2020 at 10:32 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Right!? I was equally surprised when I found out Liberace was gay.
    Be the best you, be the true you.
    That said, I love faceapp so much I change my avatar daily

https://giphy.com/gifs/l0MYEWpv7Ue0RFVaE/html5

Wow did you see some of the comments below the article. Yikes. It seems Eddie doesn't have that smooth of a ride.....
    Why fit in when you were born to stand out? - Dr. Suess

Banned Read only
    Difference is, Eddie Izzard probably has the ability to:

Give up their current work and easily find more work despite this announcement.
    Say goodbye to their home, and move somewhere else
    Still be accepted by their family considering this has been a part of their act for decades.

The rest of us on the other hand risk losing our jobs, our homes, our families and more.

Also, a few trolls in the comments sections ultimately mean nothing in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Darling View Post
    I?m posting this link (https://www.dailywire.com/news/actor...nsition-period) to the article ?Actor-Comedian Eddie Izzard: I?m In ?Girl Mode? Now. ?This Is A Little Transition Period?? in The Daily Wire about a recent interview with Eddie. It includes a great photo of him just blending in as a woman.

So I?m wondering why people with star power are able to live the life apparently with no adverse consequences, while we, the run of the mill CD/TG/TS, have to plot and plan our course so carefully to avoid an epic crash-and-burn in our lives.
    I hear you, Rhonda, and that "free pass" for celebrities seems to span the generations as well. From Steven Tyler of Aerosmith who always wears femmy clothes and is even said to borrow blouses from his daughter Liv Tyler - and don't tell me that his "pert" nose isnt a nose job either)...all the way to current heart-throb Harry Styles who also wears female-inspired clothes with care-free abandon. Then there's macho soccer superstar David Beckham who is married to "hottie" former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham, and who is partial to wearing sarongs.

Funny thing in all cases - no one gives a hoot. We should be so lucky...

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Darling View Post
    So I’m wondering why people with star power are able to live the life apparently with no adverse consequences, while we, the run of the mill CD/TG/TS, have to plot and plan our course so carefully to avoid an epic crash-and-burn in our lives.
    Well the obvious answer is money. Haven't you ever noticed how poor people are "insane" and rich people are "eccentric".

Other than that, we only really see their successes. We don't know how much pain, suffering, anger and even abuse goes on behind the scenes in most celebrities lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    we only really see their successes. We don't know how much pain, suffering, anger and even abuse goes on behind the scenes
    The Matrix creator Lilly Wachowski shares how "bubbling, seething rage" inspired the movies.

Roberta hit it on the head. Money and power have a lot to do with it.
    Last edited by char GG; 12-22-2020 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Don't want to get into a discussion about that here.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

There are a lot of reasons that she might find the going easier than the average person. Celebrities generally reside in places close to their work which tend to be more accepting than it is out in the boondocks. They can afford the best medical care and cost is likely not going to be an obstacle. Their fans and peers are likely going to be supportive and they're going to be able to get the best counseling without having to deal with the insurance gatekeepers that so many average people in the real world run into.

Nevertheless, I have been around long enough to know that everyone has to deal with issues unique to their circumstances so I wouldn't want to get into a grass is greener in their world mindset. I'm sure there are challenges for them that we don't have to deal with. I don't know what they would be but nobody's life is perfect so I'm sure there are things they have to deal with.

We are a supportive group. We can't say it's all easy for them. GD is GD.

It's true that they have more means to deal with it and/or make mistakes, but I think I remember Caitlyn Jenner saying in one of her earlier post-transition speeches that she used to cry every night with an item of the second amendment.

[EDIT]
    Found it!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...eech/30223127/

"A video narrated by Mad Men actor Jon Hamm traced Jenner's life from the time when she was known as Bruce Jenner to her current transition. She mentioned she once considered ending her own life with a g-- she owned."

( OK, it was once not every night. But once with one of those things will end everything ).
    [/EDIT]

As for Eddie Izzard: I remember when I was at school in the 90s, the kids used to make fun of her then. She's 58; so at that time, she would have been late 20s or so. That's a lot of abuse. Showbiz isn't the easiest of industries to get into at the best of times, but Eddie could always make a live audience laugh.

However, it's correct that most of us would get thrown out of our work for transitioning even with all else being equal. But I'd guess dozens in a similar position to where Eddie was in the early 90s did not make it.

- L.
    Last edited by Lydianne; 12-22-2020 at 01:45 PM.

We only see the top of the iceberg

Banned Read only
    Rhonda,
    I mentioned Eddie Izzard in my thread " Affirming a name " .

Eddie now wishes to be addressed as ," her and she " she stated this on Portrait Artist of the year , I was really pleased she has retained her name and many support her in her more open acceptance of being gender fluid .

As for being able to announce all this and be accepted is mostly down to her celebrity status and the support she received when running her back to back marathons . Behind the scenes she still has a private life and probably suffers some adverse reaction like the rest of us .

It's good to say I'm finally getting to the point where I'm not suffering adverse reactions , it's a matter of taking a leaf out of Eddie's book and beleiving in yourself .

I'm now waiting to see if Eddie goes further down the transition road , I have a feeling she will .

The little world of arts has a history of welcoming and celebrating difference. I think it owes more to this tradition than to money and fame. And it probably was no walk in the park, even for her. We will all benefit from this path clearing.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteCD View Post
    Difference is, Eddie Izzard probably has the ability to:

Give up their current work and easily find more work despite this announcement.
    Say goodbye to their home, and move somewhere else
    Still be accepted by their family considering this has been a part of their act for decades.

The rest of us on the other hand risk losing our jobs, our homes, our families and more.

Also, a few trolls in the comments sections ultimately mean nothing in the long run.
    Eddie has always been a bit out there so I doubt this will be a difficult change. Being a comedian and actor she will still get work, and maybe more press which generally means more work for a person in this position.

Heroic and brave

I see it as being Heroic and brave and a positive thing.

I like she has said in the past-
    Has referred to herself as transgender since 2016, saying at the time: ?I?ve got boy genetics and girl genetics.

?We get obsessed by it in humanity? If you look at a tiger, you go ?ooh, tiger!?, we don?t go ?girl tiger? or ?boy tiger?.

?We are obsessed by the genders because we grow up in one gender or another. No other animal is obsessed by our gender ? they don?t give a monkeys about our gender.????

Despite her openness about her gender identity and expression, this was the first time she has publicly changed her pronouns.

Like I said heroic and brave and although it might be easier in some aspects I am sure it still is not easy.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I'm sure Eddie has, and has had, her share of adverse consequences. Despite this recent announcement, everyone has been aware of her for decades. As Lydianne recalls, people made fun of Eddie a half of a century ago.
    Change happens slow, no matter how much we want it to move along faster. As Eddie, Caitlyn and many of you girls (to a small extent, myself included) are out in public, the general perception changes. This is how change happens. Laws alone don't do much but act as an enabler. Keep up the good work ladies.

She is attempting to run 28 marathons in 28 days in 28 different countries. Can you imagine? I can't imagine running 1.

Eddy is obviously no wilting flower.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Quote Originally Posted by cindylouho View Post
    Right!? I was equally surprised when I found out Liberace was gay.
    Well, Liberace was kind of a "given". Rock Hudson and Kevin Spacy...not so much.

I guess I was rather naive in my younger days. I always thought that comedians and performers like Jim Nabors, Paul Lynde, Rip Taylor, Charles Nelson Reilly and ventriloquist Wayland Flowers were a bit flamboyant and "over the top". I eventually found out why...

Quote Originally Posted by April Rose View Post
    She is attempting to run 28 marathons in 28 days in 28 different countries. Can you imagine? I can't imagine running 1.

Eddy is obviously no wilting flower.

Good job bringing that up! . Some people would have been reassured by her extremely hard work on humanitarian endeavours. We cannot dismiss that as fame and money.

It also puts this into a sobering perspective:

43 marathons in 51 days for the charity event, Sport Relief. Absolutely correct about her mental strength in order to do that.

I heard Caitlyn Jenner also used to dabble somewhat in sporting pastimes . You think about the mental strength that the journey to becoming Olympic decathlete champion demands... and then GD came along and she nearly succumbed to it.

. . But on the other hand, some people feel TG as a blessing .

- L.