Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motivation?

Confucius, if that the case that you're happy just when dressed, what's next?
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Devi SM View Post
    I thought my motivation was sex. I was member of some crossing websites and finally came here for the same, crossing other cds but then I find out that this place wasn't to crossing but for crossdressers.
    5 years later my motivation is who I am, a woman, to look for sex, for other crossdressers, even to dress was just the result of the search of the unknown, I'm a transgender so what's my motivation now?

To success as a woman in business, in life...

Devi
    This is deceivingly profound. Sex seems like a primary human motivator when, in actuality, it's usually just a placeholder or substitute for much more fundamental needs or desires. Or for a big fat empty hole inside of us. I was in the same situation for a long time.

I don't require any motivation. At work, trousers, at home, dress. This makes me happy and the feeling rarely wanes.

It's tough to say. I've thought about this question so much.

I grew up in a really heteronormative culture, attending an all boys school with a huge focus on athletics and masculinity. I remember wanting to participate in the school play so badly, but not pursuing it because the kids who did were relentlessly bullied.

My father passed when I was very young, and I feel like I was trying to fill the role of what I believed a man should be within my own family and life in his absence. But it really didn't fit me.

Dressing is a way of becoming someone else, and expressing the feminine parts of myself that I've always felt but couldn't act on when I was younger.

Or so I think! Who really knows... I just like to express myself as a woman sometimes is what it really comes down to.

Banned Read only
    Devi,
    I don't understand why you ask , " What's next ?" Confucius says she's happy , isn't that enough ?

I assume it's part of your normal life like it is for me , so to answer , " What's next ?" I just get on with my life and do what most GGs would do in the course of their day .

The talk of motivation kinda struck me as funny. For the past 4 weeks I have been severely depressed to the point that nothing can hold my interest, reading music, television or movies. I am having difficulties at work due to the depression and lack of interest with life. I have no motivation to do anything. But any day that I do not have to go in to work I am Rachel. When I do have to go in to work I am Rachel as soon as I get home. I do not leave the house as Rachel. But she is always there with me wherever I go. I do not have to get fancy to be Rachel. Sometimes it is nothing more then a pair of leggings or women's jeans and a T-shirt. Other times a little more. Often there is the falsies but little else. No make up or wig. On rare occasions it is full dress up. But I sleep as Rachel in a nightie and often times the falsies.

So what is this motivation? Why do I still dress as Rachel when nothing else in my life seems to hold any meaning?
    I think that my motivation to dress is because I am Rachel.

Rachel

I agree with Rachel. I think for everyone it may be slightly different. For me, it is feeling a part of me that otherwise gets pushed aside during the day to day, but is never out of sight. Right now, being dressed and sitting here typing, it just makes me complete.

Quote Originally Posted by CD Rachel View Post
    The talk of motivation kinda struck me as funny. For the past 4 weeks I have been severely depressed to the point that nothing can hold my interest, reading music, television or movies. I am having difficulties at work due to the depression and lack of interest with life. I have no motivation to do anything. But any day that I do not have to go in to work I am Rachel. When I do have to go in to work I am Rachel as soon as I get home. I do not leave the house as Rachel. But she is always there with me wherever I go. I do not have to get fancy to be Rachel. Sometimes it is nothing more then a pair of leggings or women's jeans and a T-shirt. Other times a little more. Often there is the falsies but little else. No make up or wig. On rare occasions it is full dress up. But I sleep as Rachel in a nightie and often times the falsies.

So what is this motivation? Why do I still dress as Rachel when nothing else in my life seems to hold any meaning?
    I think that my motivation to dress is because I am Rachel.

Rachel
    Rachel, you kind of hit it on the head for me, I can't be Brandi for the time being and I have been depressed for the last few months, to the point that I haven't done the non-CD things that make me happy, bike riding, photography & photoshop, etc... I'd call it mild depression, not too severe but it is definitely there. I am going to try and bootstrap things, starting with a ride this morning, but I have simply been down, with absolutely no motivation... If I could dress full time, if I could be me would it help? I think maybe it would but at a cost I don't think I could bear, all I know is I am longing for it right now but can't.
    ...Damsel in distress.
    Not exactly natural, Stunning none the less...

(As Girls Go by Suzanne Vega)

The motivation for me, is to relieve the GID, that constant feeling that I'm in the wrong life.
    Dressing as a girl, and indulging in some stereotypical female behaviors, a least calms those feelings down a bit.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have found another element in motivation for me is success, or hope thereof. I had stopped for a year or two. I saw myself at a dead end, not looking anything like I would like to, and never feeling like daring to dress out 100% and looking stupid. Then those "what would you look like if you were a woman" sites popped up -- tried it and found some hope. Next thing I know, I'm getting new shoes, dressing up and using photo shop to put my feminine face on my body. Even that got sort of old when I tried using a mask to hide my maleness -- hope renewed. Now, using padding and make up I'm feeling successful, and really being Geena for a while.

Over the past decades, I?ve experienced motivation, obsession, the Pink Fog, acceptance, denial, etc. And as the old philosopher once said, There?s no substitute for experience. Dressing is and has been a daily experience and very enjoyable. My supportive, helpful wife makes my dressing even better. As I?d love to go out, our small, nosy, conservative community would not accept seeing me dressed. When I/we do go out, I?m always dressed underneath. Life goes on.