Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DADT or otherwise

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

DADT or otherwise

You're in the zone and you feel and look fabulous. Photos, maybe an outing. Maybe even more!
    Then a noise or a clock let's you know that it's time to go back to perceived reality.

What are your thoughts?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I'm happy with the experience and the memories I will keep from it, and glad to come back to my wife and couple.

I think Carla is trolling for a lot of disappointing comments...hey sister! HUGS!
    .......what else can you feel when the rush of feeling and looking pretty has to stop?

Well, there are plenty of times I was GLAD it was time to go home and change back into boy mode.
    My bra strap was digging into my shoulder for over an hour, I danced so much, my tootsies were barking inside my high heels, my 8 o clock shadow was starting to show thru my makeup, and my clip on earring was pinching my earlobe with a terrible pain...I was so done!
    Happen a lot when you are out all evening....I would run into my bedroom, undress and jump into the hot shower to ease my pain.
    So...I suppose I will be one of the few that didn't mind the transition back to reality.......
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Yes, I think that having to stop being Janine is a very despondent feeling. It only occurs when I'm fully dressed with complete makeup and a carefully arranged wig.

Banned Read only
    Carla,
    I'm so glad my clock watching days are over , I know it's come at a price but I wouldn't want to return to those days , life is good now .

Candy,
    Sorry but you can keep male mode , I'd sooner have the minor inconveniences of my bra strap and makeup !

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    ......Candy,
    Sorry but you can keep male mode , I'd sooner have the minor inconveniences of my bra strap and makeup !
    I've been there Teresa and know your fulfillment, it is nice to be how you feel.
    When I was there, I was lonely.
    Today, I am happy, especially during these golden years when companionship is more desired...but a am happy in either modes of presentation.
    Merry Christmas and all the best dear! Hugs!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Banned Read only
    Candy,
    It's not a lonely place for me , I get that feeling when I have to do male mode . Being TG shouldn't equate to lonliness , I have made more new friends now I'm Teresa .

It is sort of a drag (pardon the expression) having to watch the clock and get out on a schedule. I have been looking at it as a "glass half full vs half empty" idea. I get to do it, although limited. Often, my response is "Hey! I've got a glass, and there's something in it!"

Yes I am a clock watcher also!!
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

I think I don't get to dress up nearly enough to satisfy my need. it makes me so sad when the clock ticks my time away, when I have to go back to drab life. But then there are the reasons (or really the one reason) I go back, life would be so much sadder without her, so back i go until my next dress up night.
    ...Damsel in distress.
    Not exactly natural, Stunning none the less...

(As Girls Go by Suzanne Vega)

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Not trolling for anything negative. I was just wondering how others felt as I just had that moment this morning.
    I've worn some outfits that were so (whatever I'm trying to say here) that it was a comfort to get back to low maintenance mode.
    But I'm getting much more Carla time now. And the makeup is easier.
    I think I'm finding my real girl instead of the overheated fantasy woman.

And I just wanted to be Carla today.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I dont have that happen much anymore.
    I sure did hate when that was an issue.
    Getting back to guy mode was never a lot of fun

With Life changes, Pretty guy mode or Fem Mode only happens when I am in the mood, :heehee
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Banned Read only
    I had that moment today. I had 2-4 hours free, and I rushed on some makeup before dressing, and I was already an hour in. I continued clock watching and started packing away with 20 minutes until 2 hours was up.

I actually had 3.5 hours available, but couldn't be sure of that. Honestly, I actually cried a little when my wife said she wouldn't be back for another hour, and I'd packed everything away 30 minutes previously.

We're not in a confirmed DADT situation, but we've both made it clear - I don't want to dress in front of her, and she doesn't want to see me dressed.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm with u on this one, Teresa. Sort of anyway!|

My days of sneaking around and stressing over getting caught r long gone!
    And, not long after my DADT ended? I got over the rest of the guilt I carried around for all those years!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Carla,
    I'm so glad my clock watching days are over , I know it's come at a price but I wouldn't want to return to those days , life is good now .

Candy,
    I enjoy looking like a woman, not a MIAD, Teresa!
    However, that dramatic transformation requires a lot of time and effort. The result is usually an attractive woman with an uncomfortable, but thrilled, man inside her!

Would I want to be THAT woman, or a MIAD, out in public every day of my life? Not a chance! Totally with Candy on this one.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

This is kind of a variation of "oops, got to go now" theme, and kind of funny so I thought I would share. It was back in 2017 and only my second night of going out to a gay bar since I figured they would be accepting. I was wearing a sexy black outfit that I posted a picture of some time ago, but I did not meantion everything that happened that evening.

I had been talking with a couple who had actually been hitting on me, and I was having a good time. I only had one or two drinks at most before switching to water for a good while to make sure the alcohol was as very low levels before leaving. The only problem, I needed to go to the bathroom and unfortunately, I had not paid much attention to the order I put things on. In order to get my pantyhose pulled down, I was going to have to pull off a body stocking and remove my slip. And in order to get the body stocking off my bra would have to come off. I know it does not make sense unless you pull up my old picture post. Anyhow, the bathroom had a toilet with no stall and I would have had to completely undress in there. I did not even think to try to go to the womens room, so I came back out and said to the couple, "Umm, got to go now" I barely made it back to my hotel in time.

I did not make that mistake again, because when you got to go, you got to go. Haha.
    Oh and one other thing. There was no lock on the door.

Sandi

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    You're in the zone and you feel and look fabulous. Photos, maybe an outing. Maybe even more!
    Then a noise or a clock let's you know that it's time to go back to perceived reality.

What are your thoughts?
    Disappointment and sadness.

People say dressing up is Stress Relieving but, the chance of getting caught and can be very stressful,
    I use to think I was getting my Cardio Exercise.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

It such situations I try to look at it as just moving on to the next part of your day. It's simply part and parcel of how my life plays out and that way I keep positive about my dressing.

While in the closet my life allows me to at least partially dress almost daily so I'm not going to worry if when I do get time to get fully dressed, usually sans makeup, I'll enjoy that time and move on when it comes to that time.

Banned Read only
    Carla,
    I hope you can travel down that road , some say it's possibly mundane but not to me when I cinsider what the alternative is , NO CONTEST !!

Sherry,
    I try not to let the man surface very often because I now feel far more uncomfortable when he does .

I am very much the same no matter how I am dressed. It is nice to be expressing that female-like part of my identity, but that part of the identity exists no matter how I am dressed or even if I am naked. My full identity includes both male-like and female-like traits and characteristics. Which ones I use depend on the situation. Validating the female-like traits and characteristics by dressing that way is really no different than validating the male-like traits by dressing that way. I prefer the female-like mode to be quite active, but the male-like mode is also an advantage that my cisgender wife does not have. She doesn't really understand it. But why should she actually understand it - she is cisgender. It is hard for me to understand how cisgender people get by with only one mode, but then I am not cisgender. In the end it works out fine with compromises to allow for our differences.

I rarely get dysphoric, but when I do I go to Gretchen mode as that is more stabilizing. The main thing that makes me dysphoric is spending a day with a group of males and no female contact at all. A lot of women are that way, too. So, it is uncomfortable after a lot of such contact and if I was cisgender male that would not bother me. But I am not. Am I uncomfortable with a group of females all day? Not much which seem to confirm the nature of my personal identity - biased to the female-like side.

Reality Check
    There comes a time when we must return to reality. It's disappointing, but that's life. Learn to accept it and realize that there will be another day to dress.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    There's such a remarkable spectrum of realities in this group. From women who are transitioning to men who enjoy occasionally putting on an article of clothing. It's all good. I really enjoy dressing and going out to interact with the world. I also enjoy coming home after that and changing back into my normal male mode. I have come to terms with my reality and this dual existence works for me at this time.

Yep I watch that clock.... but that being said, I watch the clock for every thing work, cooking, time out for the kids so in reality it’s nothing new. Even your age is a clock.....
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

This one is not hard to answer. I would be thinking oh %#@& the fun is over.

I know that feeling all too well. For living in the middle of nowhere there are way too many things which distract me from my femme happy place. My first reaction is holy @#$% what now? Did I remember to have a quick change handy. Of course the polish us still wet on my toes.... then that gets ruined and I have to start all over.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!