Thread: Other CSs/TGs asking for your photos or selfies on FB

Other CSs/TGs asking for your photos or selfies on FB

I got a FB instant message from someone who looked like they were CD or TG (very female profile pic with male pronouns in their profile). They asked for my picture. I determined that they wanted my profile picture from here. I don?t keep that on my iPad so I declined. They then asked for a selfie of me right now. I was completely shocked and stopped the conversation. My FB profile pic looks nothing like my crossdressers pic.

I am not out to all my family and friends so this request struck me as very off base. I would not have minded if they had started a conversation over IM as I?m always glad to talk to likeminded CDs and TGs. What would the rest of you do?

My hubby gets requests like that all of the time! There are some very gutsy people out there.

There are CDers that are so flattered that they will do as requested only to find out that the conversation (if there is any) goes downhill very quickly. It's good to keep social media in perspective.

I never agree to send pictures to anyone unless I know them really well.

Who knows where they could end up ?
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Yup, Char is right, lots of questionable "lurkers" out there.
    I am pretty open when it comes to social media sites like FB ( just google my name) and I see that a lot.
    I know what to look for and what questions to ask...some only know specific words in English and if you ask a specific question, the answer is not on topic.
    If you get caught in their net, just ignore and move on or block them.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

I reckon you did the right thing to stop where you did, especially as you are not out to family/friends.
    I would block them immediately.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Platinum Member
    Once you post a picture you lose control over that image. You never know where it is going to end up. And, you do not know the person's intentions.

Banned Read only
    Just ignore them and stop excepting friend requests from strangers on social media.

My FB friends are my actual friends. I mush first meet someone face to face before I friend them.

I get friend requests all the time from guys. I just ignore them, even if they are friends of friends. I have a boyfriend I don't need another one.

But that doesn't answer the question you seem to be asking in the first place: how did they make a connection between you and CDing?
    Not sure how they do that. Maybe they got link suggestions from FB. It always has to do with some level of exposure on the web, including other sites than FB.

Oh lol I have to tell you my ex husband was BAD about doing that , one of the reasons we are no longer together and he would receive them as well .

He is still on FB as his femme self /name advertising himself to other cd'ers /admirer's . It is just such risky behavior . I KNOW he knows alot of you here from our early days to about 2015 or 16 .
    He would never join here but would always be looking over my shoulder at all of you when I was on many times, one of the reasons besides phone anxiety that it took me so long to joining the FAB forum . He was always a voyeur here if he could catch me on and just INHALE the comments everyone would make when he would have me post a pic of him . There are alot of lurkers here that would be so bold .
    IG : Knightress Oxide

Quote Originally Posted by Krea View Post
    I reckon you did the right thing to stop where you did, especially as you are not out to family/friends.
    I would block them immediately.
    Yes, I blocked them immediately.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by DianeT View Post
    But that doesn't answer the question you seem to be asking in the first place: how did they make a connection between you and CDing?
    Not sure how they do that. Maybe they got link suggestions from FB. It always has to do with some level of exposure on the web, including other sites than FB.
    Good question as to how they made the connection. I am in another private group on FB and I suspect they got me from that group.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    Just ignore them and stop excepting friend requests from strangers on social media.
    Right you are. That was the first time I accepted a friend request from anotheR CD/TG withoUt knowing who they were.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't receive anything on my phone. Nor do I access any of my CD sites from it. So, I'll will never have that problem, Charla.

Plus, since I have a FB profile just for Sherry? All my CD stuff goes thru there! Sherry has 2,000+ Friends. My FB profile has 21!

I NEVER mix Robert's and Sherry's anything!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I've kept Carla completely away from Facebook. Too often things that were discussed in private generated targeted advertising on Facebook for both me and my wife.
    I've all but ditched Fbook anyway. Big waste of time. One of my main concerns is that eavesdropping bitch Alexa.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Read only
    Charla,
    Please be very careful and continue to block their requests , there have been cases of others taking your identity , it's scary sometimes how much information is freely available .

I have two FB accounts. My Ressie account already has quite a few photos posted. Haven't had anyone ask for more.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Banned Read only
    It could be anything from a harmless yet creepy pic collector, to someone who may want to blackmale you in the future. Most true CDs or TG women would not be bothered to ask you for photographs. There are a lot of frustrated, deeply closeted CDs who are fantastic (and creepy) pic collectors. Either way, stay away!

Unless I know you or we've been communicating for a while it would be a big No from me.
    Lookie Lou's I don't need. There's plenty of nasty on the web and I prefer to steer clear.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Doc has it right, not only do I have completely separate identities for this site and fb, I use a completely different device, both on different operating platforms. And as an extra, fb is set for viewing specific interest groups, VW cars and kruger park photos, and I decline all friends requests, even those of people that I know.