So this year, what can you say? Covid has put paid to so many plans. For those directly affected by the loss of a job or more significantly the loss of a loved one it?ll surely be a horrible year to look back on.

For those of us who?ve escaped such trauma I guess from posts I?ve read over the year it?s been a mixed bag dressing wise. For some the change in work arrangements has been liberating. Working from home has given the opportunity to dress with much greater freedom and regularity. Others will miss the freedom to go out and about unhindered That said, mask wearing has given many extra confidence to get out there and who knows, once this pandemic finally abates then there could well be a good few more of our community to be found walking the shopping malls and dining out enfemme.

For me, thankfully all the family has stayed safe and well. Being retired lockdowns haven?t impacted my daily life that badly. So okay, I reckon for each month that?s passed since this all started my average beer consumption is down to a pint a month and I do miss the lads banter on our regular pub nights out but beyond that it?s just been the case that we need to be careful when out in public spaces, wear a mask, sanitise hands and try to keep distant.

As for the CD side, our domestic routine does allow me to wear a skirt and tee or a dress for some time each day as well as underdressing in hose and knickers most of the time. This is sufficient to keep me sane; in fact I?d go as far as saying happy in the state of my CD?ing. It?s not as good as it was, I miss my Saturday afternoons home alone for 4-5 hours but the difference I?ll live with.
The biggie for me was the loss of my week?s solo holiday which would have again given me the opportunity to be enfemme 24/7 and to be out and about 12-15 hours each day in late November. I had altered my accommodation booking to be this coming February but with the new strains of the virus now spreading and a national lockdown almost inevitable I?m resigned to seeing that opportunity slip away. November 2021 looks to be my next option.

The other thing that is different about this year is I can?t remember buying a single new stitch of clothing. Tell a lie, 2 pairs of heels from Next online in the Jan sales but the shops don?t tend to stock size 9?s anyway so I?m not counting those. I?d vowed to only buy other than in exception circumstances any clothing unless I?d tried it on in-store. Pennies were saved for a November shop-fest and??. I did save a few items my SO sent off to charity that fitted me but they only sort of count.

So if I had to rate this past year for society it?s been dire; for me personally 7 out of 10. It would be easy to mark it lower but life is what you make of it so I?ll just stay calm, keep dressing and try not to put too many holes in the few tights I have left. And who knows, next year may turn out to be annus mirabilis (wonderful year).