Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retirement, Theft & Gone

My storage for household goods and tools you have to login at the gate with your own code then only one lock is allowed even though it has two receivers the empty one is in case you haven?t paid on time or late they can not only suspend your gate code but also put one of their locks on to keep you out of your unit until your up to date on your monthly fees for the unit. Put even if your late they wouldn?t take your items until they had an auction to collect past due rents and auction fees. The remaining money would be profit for them.

Sorry for what happened to you Jeanette.
    "So, I'm a crossdresser. Mmh. What's that thing, again?"

Considering telling your SO? Read this fine manual first: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?13841-How-to-tell-your-partner

I had a storage locker once and after a 2000 mile move, forgot to lock it, and sue enough, some thief noticed and stole many costly dear items !!!! My forgetfulness!

Silver Member
    You could file anyway they don't know it isn't your wife's things. The police only want the information needed. Your home owner's insurance will cover your loss.

One additional thought -

From what little experience I've had with storage places, they have sensors on the units that tell them when they were opened / closed.
    I *believe* that the computer systems keep a record of this.

So - you should be able to isolate the time when the unit was last opened.
    Was it on a weekend or in the middle of the night? If so, I'd suspect burglars.
    Was it during "business" hours (or shortly after)? then I'd suspect staff - possibly some intolerant bigot who saw you on camera, and decided to "put a stop to it".

Good luck If you decide to pursue it. I personally don't think you'll get much help from the storage place.
    Last edited by SaraLin; 12-27-2020 at 06:45 AM. Reason: better wording

Seeing as you can?t report this to the police without being outed that option is off the table. If the storage facility is throwing it back on you to report then you?re not going to get any cooperation from them either.

I won?t speculate who it might have been or their motive but there is one option open to you. Watch the local buy and sell websites to see if anything shows up for sale. If it does then it was a regular old theft for resale but if they don?t show up anywhere locally then someone is wearing them. Maybe visit the thrift stores as well as they might donate items that don?t fit.

My wife is not accepting of my dressing but she would never break into my storage locker if I had one in an attempt to destroy my clothes. You mention that you own businesses so she obviously knows that you could afford to replace a wardrobe so that suggests to me that she would know better.

If you can?t resolve this then just think of all the shopping you will be able to do to replace the things you lost. If you go that route I would find another storage option if I was faced with this situation.