Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

Let's hear some positive things that may have happened for you in the year of Satan.

-I retired.
    -My daughter got married.
    -I put more miles on my bicycle than I did my car.
    -My car (electric) was used so little, my average monthly utility payment got decreased.
    -I've totally quit watching network news, cable news, political discussion.
    -I've met a lot of nice people here.
    -I've started doing a little more with makeup and less with silicone.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Found that face masks work great to keep your face warm shoveling snow.....

I have enough face masks to shovel 5,000 inches of snow...

Found my password to this place....

That's it...... I'm out of positive things.

Ohh and I grew a cup size this year!
    Last edited by Karren H; 12-26-2020 at 10:55 PM.

January 10th this year had my FFS! That made me really happy, good bye high forehead and receding hairline. I am alive and fairly healthy, all loved ones made it this far alive and well, survived 2 days in hospital for pneumonia at the end of February (no Covid). Christmas Eve and day were all family and very good after such a tough year for all.

I am still happy and positive on my outlook on life!

PS: Karren is back too.

1) I was able to snag a very unique career opportunity and move to beautiful New England.
    2) I feel like I've finally accepted this whole crossdressing thing as a permanent part of my being.
    3) I came out to the wife, who has been very supportive and understanding, which has in turn brought us even closer.
    Never forget that life is short. Whatever you believe, there's no guarantee of tomorrow or a second chance, so live your life the way you want! Be kind to yourself, be kind to others, and let's make this world a little brighter together!

1) Got to put some money aside due to incentive bonuses and the generosity of the company.
    2) Took an extended weekend trip to Kansas to see our daughter for the 1st time in about 7 years, and meet our grandson.
    3) No close friends passing due primarily to covid.
    4) Delved further into CD-ing, working with make up and, thanks to masking, having non-retouched pictures of Geena.

Karren, Karren!! Long lost but glad you are still sucking air, thought it is through blasted masks!! In 2020, had to move everything out of my apartment and stay in another one for 2 weeks, than move everything back in after they remodeled. Then, my dear 94 yo neighbor moved toa nursing home, and they rented to a noisy young fellow, then trouble with my other neighbor who hates cats,. He trapped mine, but i rescued here. I decided to put as ad in a local paper lookin gfor odd jobs, and i got a call from a manager of a nursing home, needing a van driver part time. I took the job, and like it and needed it to help make ends meet, on SS. Have been looking for a better place to live, with less noise and more privacy, and another person answered my ad for odd jobs, and new of a lady that my rent the upstairs of a very old building in a tiny village, with 2 taverns. i made the move into the old place with six pickup loads of stuff in Sept heat, and somoehow moved it all upstairs myself, at 66 1/2 yo. Exhausting move, but with the part time job, and some low income heating assistance for propane, have the roomiest place i ever lived, and privacy for me and my cats. So, 2 good things unexpected in a gloomy year!!
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 12-26-2020 at 10:04 PM.

-I was able to go shopping frequently for stock up items as Candy.(any excuse to dress and go out)
    -I am still driving my garage queen convertible sports car as we still don't have any salt on the streets in my area. Can you drive a stick shift in high heels? Hmmmm?
    -Like Carla, I've totally quit watching network news, cable news, political discussion.
    -I've been able to attend zoom meetings with my local Chi-Chapter social club and also interact on Zoom with our very own Meeshell!
    - I have enough lingerie in my boudoir that I can wear a clean set of garments everyday for a full week without having to do laundry!
    -No people I know said they had Covid.
    - I retired from being semi retired as my water meter maid. I worked 4 days a month. It ended when they got a corporation to take on the liability.
    -My basement DCC HO model railroad is almost modified so I can run trains again. I downsized it a bit.
    -I have lost 15 lbs, even during this Christmas holiday with all the sweets around.....and I didn't reduce my cup size!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

1. CarlaWestin and Karren Hutton rejoined our community.
    2. Retired and returned to Covid 19 free Aotearoa/NZ.
    3. Found a lovely, clean, dry and comfortable place to live.
    4. Spent quality time with my kids and grandkids.
    5. Have plans for the future - 2021 looks promising.
    6. Am free to dress however, whenever and in whatever I feel like.
    7. Am feeling content and grateful.

1. Started a mild dose of HRT
    2. Retired full time in June but only to return-initiated for response Covid-19
    3. I seen the best of society by being in PPE lines, they the recipients were tired but worked so hard to save their patients.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    -I've totally quit watching network news, cable news, political discussion.
    It has been well over five years for me. Since I made the decision to become willfully ignorant of the "news" and the laughably obvious bias they are brainwashing others with, I couldn't be happier.

In fall my wife went to visit family so I had a week to clean out and organize the closet I built in the basement. With all the ball gowns and wedding dresses in the attic, it was time to hit the clearance racks at JCPenny. I found some beautiful dresses for eleven dollars and change.

Also scored a nice pair of Asics running shoes from the women's clearance section at Kohl's.

I bought a high end camera and some new glass to go with it. Now I can put on one of the new dresses and photograph what I explore in my neck of the woods.

I couldn't decide whether to buy another banjo or another guitar so I bought a banjo-guitar. Then I blew out my shoulder and wasn't allowed to play it while I healed from surgery. Everyone was happy about that until I realized that I could still play my harmonicas. I play them a lot since I'm not able to do anything else and I've already watched every procedural crime show on Netflix and Amazon Prime...twice.

Before the surgery I was able to remodel my office - a bright new paint job, cabinets to replace the shelving, ceramic tile floor and all new lighting. I was kind of proud of it since I had to do it all with a bum shoulder. I was also able to get most of the grape and cider apple harvest completed and wine and cider made with a lot of help from my dearly beloved. I can keep the whole family drunk for another year. That way they don't mind my harmonica playing so much.

Oh, and the Dodgers won the World Series ... so I've been told since I don't watch the news either.

Board-Certified Shaman LaSirenaBella's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    Oh, and the Dodgers won the World Series ... so I've been told since I don't watch the news either.
    Oh, good. I'm not the only one who feels that way. Think Blue! (Don't let my location over there fool you. I grew up near Los Angeles.)
    Sirena Rivera
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing." - Theodor S. Geisel

Well, I grew up in P.G. County (Suitland!) so there must be some CA/MD thing going on.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    Well, I grew up in P.G. County (Suitland!) so there must be some CA/MD thing going on.
    Yep too many people from California moved to Maryland!!!!!

The positive think about 2020 is I woke up each day on the correct side of grass. None of my family or friends contactedv COVID. I still have a job and it is my choice if I want to to work from home or at the office. My dad reached his goal of living to be one hundred years old. My 401 did very nicely and I reconnected with a friend I had not seen in over 50 years. Plus a lot more to be thankful for.

Platinum Member
    Basically I did not pass away. That would have been inconvenient.

1) I came out to my wife, I think the decision was more a good thing then a bad thing, despite a few issues...

2) My (adult) children are finally paying rent.

3) I am somewhat of an essential employee so I didn't miss any work.

4) Like a couple others of others I stopped watching cable altogether.

5) We are finally getting the house put back together after a water disaster that occurred two years ago.

6) (related to #1) I have found out my wife loves me much more then I ever realized.
    ...Damsel in distress.
    Not exactly natural, Stunning none the less...

(As Girls Go by Suzanne Vega)

1. Moved into a lovely new house.
    2. Due to covid restrictions got to dress more often.
    3. Not much work but Gov. grants sufficient to carry me through.
    4. Plenty work lined up for the future.
    5. All my friends have avoided the virus so far.
    6. Warm new house allows me much more variation in my dressing.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GaleWarning View Post
    1. CarlaWestin and Karren Hutton rejoined our community.
    I find this questionable. Karren?

(Hmm/ Should I change my name to Carrla?)
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Good things in this horrible year? Well, let's see . . .

1. My dad bought us a new car, a 2003 Buick
    2. I was promoted to a full time sales associate before the end of my probationary period at my retail job

I'm sorry, that's all I have.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    I find this questionable. Karren?

(Hmm/ Should I change my name to Carrla?)
    Don't look at me.... I don't question anything around here?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

1. I started seeing a gender therapist
    2. Started going out dressed again
    3. Grew out my hair and went to a hair stylist to dye it blonde
    4. Returned to crossdressers.com
    5. My marriage while mostly platonic is in a good spot compared to the past couple years
    Last edited by Jennifer0874; 12-29-2020 at 01:20 AM.

1. We didn't lose any friends or family to Covid.
    2. My wife and I both kept our jobs, working mainly from home.
    3. My younger daughter has been accepted to four of five colleges, so far.
    4. I started trying to learn how to do my makeup and generally improve my dressing skills.
    5. I went out dressed for the first time - and saw no signs of torches or pitchforks!

We've been lucky, but so many haven't. I hope 2021 is better for everyone! Happy New Year!

Dana

survived covid we both retired moved half way across the country built a new house and all new furniture wife bought a new car life is great

Celebrated our 50th
    I started seeing a gender qualified therapist (no easy task for someone in a DADT)
    I bought a new guitar and effects pedals for my home studio and have more time to record than I have song ideas

On the downside
    I have only been able to fully dress a couple times the entire year
    I gained weight and am afraid my femme clothes won't fit, a serious situation for someone who struggles to find opportunities to shop discretely when every trip to the store prompts the question whether it's worth the risk further complicating things.

In some ways it hasn't been a bad year but also good in many ways. I am confident that the time will come when I can dress more often again so I'm not agonizing about things.

1. I still have my health
    2. I've had more time to explore dressing and hone my makeup skills
    3. I've developed a love for cooking and have had time to try other hobbies

It's been a really really tough year, but I think there's going to be a lot of joy in 2021