I haven't commented about Xmas gifts in the other thread because my story doesn't relate to a " girly " gift . My mum kindly gave me a gift token from Sainsbury's , as most in the UK know they took over the Argos brand and moved the outlets into their own stores . My electric kettle has gone wrong so I thought great I can use my gift token to buy a new one from Argos , I tried click and collect online but no joy . This morning I popped into Sainsbury's to buy the kettle over the Argos counter , the sales guy took one look and said , " I'm sorry madam but you can't use the Sainsbury's card with Argos items ". My reply was they are now all one company , we've had enough ads telling us that ! At that point I lost it and demanded to see the manager to which he replied I am the manager , so I replied then MANAGE and do something about this ridiculous situation . All he could offer me was to find a kettle in the Sainsbury's part so I could use my token . So I had no choice and as luck would have it found the last remaining kettle in cream on offer ?5.00 less than I was trying to buy it from Argos .

I know I shouldn't have been annoyed but at least I did get a " MADAM " , I wonder what he called me to the rest of the staff at his coffee break " Stroppy blond !! "