Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Single

I looked at the new clothes long enough that I felt it was a waste so I went ahead. It felt so good pullling on a pair of lace panties, a pretty bra, nylons and a chiffon dress....and the rest. I've had a lovely evening!

I'm looking forward to seeing family tomorrow but looking forward to them leaving on Friday!

(Even a short) time is a healer apparently

Hi Katie,

You are living my dream and my nightmare. I am currently married to a spouse that does not understand my crossdressing, I have very little opportunity to dress at all but the pull is sooo strong. I fantasize about life alone where I could dress all the time, I could be me (maybe?). I'd go to work underdressed, come home and transform myself, do my housekeeping, shopping and other things en femme. I'd go out with some of the local gurls and have a great time. I would most likely come out. I'd do all that. But at the same time I cannot imagine life without her, I truly love her, there would be a hole in my life I don't know if I could fill. But if it came to that I'd have to try, it sounds like you are trying too? Good Luck Girl!!!
    ...Damsel in distress.
    Not exactly natural, Stunning none the less...

(As Girls Go by Suzanne Vega)

Yeah, sounds very normal to have the time but no desire. Life is cruel, isn’t it?

Just a while ago, I was talking about the years of being a single bachelor and not exploring this side of me. But when married or in a serious relationship, the desire comes back. Not sure if that’s human nature of wanting what we can’t have? Or having a partner can be stressful sometimes and the escape is to dress. I really don’t know what it’s all about.

As others have mentioned, the anticipation is a strong part of the process. If I can do something anytime, the motivation wains. If I have one night a month to do it, I am darn well going to make use of that time!! In the space between, I dream about the outfits, dream about that feeling..

Have fun! Maybe build in something to look forward to? I know you said you have a lot of kit now, but perhaps slowly buying one thing at a time will build that anticipation again. Search for it, purchase it, wait for it... then savour the moment that it arrives. It’s no surprise that unboxing things is such a popular YouTube content!

This is precisely what i've been going thru.
    I'm also single.

Here is what it is with me.My mom passed away march 2019 and i was named executor of estate with all the stress involved with that on top of the sorrow over her loss.
    I also retired last june albeit early.Dragging myself in to work everyday became unbearable.Have poor sleep plus back pain from standing too much,exertion etc. Also because of covid,had to wear mask at job, inside without a/c(90 deg inside).All property my mom and stepdad had is now all sold off so estate is ready to be closed.The world they created is now mostly gone.

That being said,since last year I just did not have any desire or any motivation at all to dress even though I now have all the time to myself.Was thinking lately what is wrong with me?I'm not sure who the hell I am anymore.All of this has really gotten me down.
    Xdressing used to bring so much joy into my life and it's been missing from me for almost 2 yrs now.Also not motivated to buy new things or spend time at forum either.

I just hope that what a lot of members say is true,that the desire will come back eventually.If /when it does come back,it will bring balance back into life and interest back into my other activities which has been waning.

I'm sure if i just don't force it, let go of the stress and worry it will come back and it should with you too Kate.

You've spent $2000 on clothes? Is that all? Or is that just this year's expenditures?

I usually spend as much or more than most of the women I've known, do.

I've tried to cut down, but just keep getting caught up in retail therapy. A new dress just makes me feel better.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member
    It is not surprising. We are now living in a dystopian nightmare of disease and economic collapse, I don't think it is surprising for anyone to lose interest in things they enjoy. Not to mention you just went though a divorce. Seems everyone is depressed now, can only imagine how it is to have that and the loss of a marriage.

Personally, dressing is now the last thing on my mind. Certainly something I haven't/wouldn't spend money on now with this endless emergency.

Platinum Member
    Hi Katie , What ever you do DON"T PURGE !! >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Vickie, You have that right! Very very dark time we are in now, and i do not see it getting better.

I went 3 years after my divorce. Dating women then one day while shopping with one of the ladies in the women's department it came back and it hasn't gone away since. That 30 years ago.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Don’t know about the rest of you but I’ve made plans many times, spent hours getting ready and stopped at the door.

Taking a few shots of Schnapps while ai got ready helped. Usually removed my inhibitions enough to get behind the wheel.

Need to rejoin a support group!