A lot of us have had or still have crossdressing experiences that would on first glance seem fetishistic- an intense emotional response to clothing, and dressing, and often an erotic component that seems like something we wouldn't want to be seen enjoying - on our own like that.

I think that is the clue. I think most 'fetish' behavior among us is a result of deprivation- in the arena of crossdressing we have no one to share the related emotional and sensual feelings with, and often we are deprived of time as well. Two problems and one solution- a quick, intense, erotic experience that leaves us feeling like something big happened, that we were alive, functioning, beautiful, sexy, or whatever we want and need to feel as human beings.

From multiple posts on the Forum I now think it is common, for the fortunate among us who have been able to get out of the closet and crossdress in ordinary life, to find that there is no longer the need for the solo imagineering that is derided as fetish. We find ourselves feeling like, oh, we are just ordinary sexual beings, with a particular gender, and are normally functional out in society where sexuality, or focus on our clothes, recedes to a normal level in the interplay with others.

I felt so relieved, and now feel that we can be justified in saying that for the most part 'fetishistic' crossdressing is just what any ordinary person would do under the extreme stress of emotional and experiential deprivation on so many fronts.

Your thoughts?