Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you could take it all away, would you?

Right now, Yes I'd absolutely take it. My life would be so much simpler & easier if I didn't have these urges, these desires. Sometimes I feel so torn between what I would like for me, and what my wife wants for me, not having to deal with that would make my life so much better, I think...

But similar to what Charlotte said, had i known before I met my wife what I know now, if asked about a hypothetical pill that would turn me into a biological woman, I'd jump at it, in heels!
    ...Damsel in distress.
    Not exactly natural, Stunning none the less...

(As Girls Go by Suzanne Vega)

I have never had any shame or guilt about cross dressing, just the fact I was hiding it from my wife and concerned what would happen when she found out. I never thought it was weird or there was something wrong with me.

When my wife found out we went through a pretty hard time getting "us" sorted out again. At that time I probably would have taken the pill because it would have taken away all the pain we both were going through. Would I take it today? Nope, not even a thought, I wouldn't do it. My wife has become very accepting and see not reason to stop CD'ing. She treats me pretty much the same whether I am dressed or in drab other than I tend to get a few more whistles and groping while dressed! She treats me like I am a cheap tart, and I like it!

I'd take that pill in a second. This crossdressing/gender thing has been the most disruptive thing in my life.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Absolutely! I would take it now if i had one. My long troubled life would have been less greatly troubled, and not solitary, and so dysfunctional. I have HSP and family damages and paranoia , which is bad enough. Would have far more peace, and maybe a SO without it. I have not met one woman who is ok with Cding.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Sometimes Miss,, exact same here. Would take it in a nano second.

Stephanie47. I agree. Same here.

Candice. Thanks for sharing this. I feel much the same way, an outdoorsy blue collar guy, roughing it, in coveralls, boots, dirty, but have the elegant lady side of me, too, which i must hide, and not allow to take over. But, overall, i would have to take the pill. If there was a pill that could make me a real GG for several days, and go back, i would take it.
    Last edited by char GG; 12-30-2020 at 09:45 PM. Reason: No religious references please

I have never, ever been totally at ease with my crossdressing -- from my early years experimenting with pantyhose all the way through today, working with make up, buying a dress, and feeling pretty. I have always known of my circumstances, and the necessity of controlling and hiding my 'secret passion,' if you will. It creates its own problems. Like today, I had plans for a good Geena day, after the fuel oil delivery we needed which should have happened during the morning, before Geena time. However, the guy didn't come and, it turns out, wasn't going to come; which I found out at 1:00, after losing a third of the time I thought I would have. Irritating.

I don't know of any friends or family who would accept my cross dressing. Knowing them as I do, I'm pretty sure it would be a bad scenario if they did find out. That keeps the secrecy level on 'high.'

These reasons would make saying "Yes" sound the the preferred path. However, I have gained a lot by delving into it -- mostly through hearing from so many others who are in situations very much like my own. I 'get' it far more now than I would have otherwise. Although I have some caring concerns about the degree to which some individuals take it, I understand things enough now to wish them well on the path they follow, even if I have personal misgivings about it.

I wouldn't want to take a pill if it washed away my memories and understandings, but I do like the notion of eventually quitting -- which will probably need to happen some day. I would want it to be on my terms. But, if the only option to eventually putting an end to it would be the hypothetical pill, I guess I would have to take it.

I guess I sound like a politician, saying both yes and no.

Bless you all; Geena.

Not for the world. But give it to my wife and she will gladly sneak it in my club sandwich.

-- EDIT --
    This is a JOKE. These pills don't exist.

-- EDIT --
    This is a JOKE. My wife wouldn't do that even if they existed.

-- EDIT --
    But she'd wish I would.
    Last edited by DianeT; 01-05-2021 at 05:02 PM.

As much as when I have freshly shaved legs and put on pantyhose and tell my wife that men just don't know what there missing. I believe I would take the pill because it would less complicate things for sure. I don't think my wife would make me take it because she loves having a husband, father to her kids and a friend she could share things and tells me it's because of the dressing that our marriage is so strong.
    We agreed not to complicate things and tell the kids and keep it our secret and with that I usally feel guilt when I tell our children to be open with us and should be able to tell us anything and mean while. Well as my dad use to tell me "Do as I say and not as I do". No doubt life is interesting with it but would be less complicated without it.

Aspiring Member
    If I could have never start that would be great. But now it is a huge part of me. Dressing has shape my life and stopping now would change everything that makes me, me.
    Sara

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I would get completely dressed as the most outrageous version of Carla I could devise. Big hair, big boobies, thigh high boots, etc...
    Then I would take half of that pill. And head for the Mall.

Just kidding. How often have we seen the pink/blue pill question?
    Most of us have questioned our behaviour with gender. Most of us just accept it or we've learned how to come to terms with it all.
    That's where I'm at. Too bad all of the people closest to me aren't there.

We've learned to incorporate this fabulously enjoyable activity into our complicated lives. Many of us have cared for people we love that have special needs.
    Would you take a pill to make that burden go away along with the person we love?

The magic pill question seems to be rooted in guilt.
    Last edited by CarlaWestin; 12-31-2020 at 08:08 AM.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I think you got it Carla. Most of us carry a great deal of guilt that first developed when we were younger and had "strange feelings and desires." We felt, to some extent, as outcasts and maybe mentally not all there. Yet we could not stop those feelings. Suppress it all for awhile and, out of the blue, it all comes back after even years of suppression.

Shame is also a large part of that guilt. "I'm supposed to be a guy, so why am I standing in front of the mirror admiring the woman I have created and feeling good about it? I must be sick. Yadda, yadda, yadda." But there are some that don't follow that path - they knew they were girls when they were 4 and never seriously deviated from that thinking and are now women with a husband and adopted kids. XY chromosomes meant nothing to those - that is just sex and reproductive functions. The rest is identity and identity is the master.

I still feel some guilt and shame. I would think that after 75 years the truth would sink in. On the other hand, maybe it has and I have become the real girl that I wanted to be when, at 8 years old, I told my mother that I did not want to be a boy anymore and I wanted to be a girl. She said, in a gentle and loving way, in 1953, that ain't gonna happen. Before that day I felt no shame or guilt; after that day it surrounded me in a dark cloud until 2012 when I could not stand it anymore and came out.

Now I am a blend but highly variable. Do female-like sexual feelings enter the picture? Once in awhile, yes, but I am 75 now and as a result of prostate cancer treatment, other ailments, and just plain age I am now sexually quite harmless. It is nothing but a pleasant memory. Face the reality without shame or guilt - accept the fact that I have become the girl I wanted to be when 8, but a girl with a sizeable masculine side. Tomboy like? Yea, maybe. Whatever. Labels don't make the person.

I don?t think of my willingness to take the pill as guilt. I think of it as a way to make me not have to lead this secretive double life. It is risky to my 50 year marriage and requires attention every day. I am looking at it as someone who is restricted by those who are close to me, not personal guilt.

In a recent therapy session I replied that if I could do anything I want I would dress all day every day. The obstacle that stops me is external and out of my control. I don?t see how personal guilt is involved but perhaps I am missing something.

What a great life
    If we took the pill would we be happy or more successful or a better person then again that pill my be the worse thing we ever done. I like the person I am, There will always be things we wish we could change.

For me, the "cure" would be worse than the "disease". Crossdressing is just one of the things I chose to do with my free time, not the only thing. Given the proper balance and perspective it deserves, I see no reason to change.

Another emphatic No. As with life, there are ups and downs, but if I had the opportunity to do it again, I wouldn?t hesitate a heartbeat to do it again. Dressing, development and progress from hose to dressing completely has been filled with positive experiences. Having a supportive wife has greatly nourished my pleasures. I now dress daily. It?s so enjoyable.

Aspiring Member
    If there was a pill that could end my urge to crossdress, my wife would force me to take it.
    Parents would pass them out to their adolescent crossdressing sons.
    The medical/psychiatric community would be happy to pass out the pills.
    However, would I be the same person if I took the pills? I don't know how it would affect me. I don't know if I would be a happier person or not. At this stage in my life I really don't want to change. However there is no doubt that in my younger days I would have taken the pills just to avoid all the internal conflicts that crossdressing brought in my life.

Yes, I would take the pill in a New York minute. I consider it a curse that I am a CD.

Karen Sue

By taking the pill, that would take away part of me. I've always tried to go my own way, and not worry what others perceive. Maybe not cross dressing would be easier for others as I would then be following a "norm", but I don't know if it would best for me. No pill for me.

Yes.
    100 Percent yes.
    Then hopefully have a normal relationship with a woman like most heterosexual men.

No...I don't think I would. It's been a long road to get to where I am now, but I've finally come to terms with myself and who I am. And now that I'm out to the wife, we can have that much more in common and be even closer. I realize I'm in the minority in terms of an accepting spouse, but for me, life is good. It's not perfect of course, and I still face many of the same challenges that others here face in terms of social status/job/hiding this side of myself from other family, but at least in my own home with the one person in the world that I chose to be with, I can be me in any variation and feel accepted.
    Never forget that life is short. Whatever you believe, there's no guarantee of tomorrow or a second chance, so live your life the way you want! Be kind to yourself, be kind to others, and let's make this world a little brighter together!

I echo Amelia?s feelings. I am in my late 50?s. Up till my mid/late 40?s, I would say ?yes?. I really struggled internally, as many who are reading this have done as well. However, once I came to grips with the fact this desire was not going to go away, I accepted this part of me fully. Now I would say ?no?. While dressing does still cause me anguish from time to time, it has become more relaxing as I age, and I have less apprehension even though I am closeted to the outside world.

It has also helped to have a loving wife who has accepted this part of my personality. A somewhat wishywashy answer, but I think it describes my feelings fairly well.

Don't know how into manga/anime you are, but you guys should check out this one. RANMA 1/2 -- its about a boy who is cursed to turn into a girl every time he is splashed with water: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranma_%C2%BD

I found it to be pretty exciting!

I'd kill to be first in line.
    Jon

Not for the world. For me the only benefit would be not having to deal with the gender flips at work anymore.

Banned Read only
    Sandi,
    I've just read your reply , I experienced the same problem my ex-wife thought counselling would cure me and like you it backfired . My gender counsellor encouraged me to find a social group to help with my needs . I'm so pleased that she didn't have the magic pill tucked away my life couldn't continue as it was I'm so much happier now .

After all the time trying to find me and throw it a way! No way in Hell!!! I worked hard on this and finally discovered me! Not in a million years nor for all the money in the world! I am just so happy to be me! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix