I have switched to a new therapist so that i would be able to use my current health insurance, provided through my wife's work. So after speaking with the insurance rep I was assured that mental health coverage would cover an unlimited number of visits and up to 80% until i meet my out of pocket maximum. This was great news until i got the letter from the insurance company rejecting my claim for my first visit to the new therapist.

Turns out that the school district my wife works for that provides the insurance included specific diagnosis that they would not provide any coverage for. So the following diagnosis are not covered at all under my insurance
Transsexualism, Dual role transvestism, Gender identity disorder of childhood, Other gender identity disorders, Gender identity disorde. They also will not cover anything to do with transitioning such as HRT, BA, FFS etc.

I would say that the school is not very trans friendly.

I make too much money to qualify for reduced rates with the therapist but I see no way that i can afford more then 2 visits a month. This has not helped with my depression. I am feeling trapped.

Rachel