Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 21 Days - keep on keeping

21 Days - keep on keeping

Ok, rushing it. It's only day 1, BUT what A- new years resolution have you made AND b-kept for X number of days.

Let's start by listing resolution and then seeing how long we can go before falling off the wagon.
    They say it takes 21 days to start a new habit. I have never managed to do that, but maybe this year.

My resolution: after dinner, get off the computer, dress in skirt/dress and sit next to wife watching TV.

Day 1- check...

New Year's Resolution - NOT to make New Years' Resolution.
    Day 1 - check
    Day 2 - check

Ditto Gale

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    In all seriousness, I made a serious resolution. Day 2 and it's already getting easier.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I have talked to my wife about rejoining a gym so that we can work out with our body issues. I wish you all luck in your resolutions too!

Platinum Member
    I've never made a New Year's resolution. I always found, if there is something amiss that needs to be corrected, don't wait for January 1st to correct it.

I did it for a year, the first thing I did when I got home was change. Complete with makeup.

It was a pac I had made with myself. My boyfriend thought I was crazy getting dressed if we were not going out.

Now I topically only put on makeup if I leave the house.

Banned Read only
    2021Capture.jpg

I got a good feeling about 2021...

My only resolution of sorts is to not wear any male clothes. I have limits because of size such a athletic shoes. Another would be when u expect clothes to get messed up. No sense running cute girl clothes to fix the car. I started early on November 1st still going great.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation So far, I've kept every NY resolution I've made for 70 years straight!

Live to see the next Jan. 1!

Everything else is loose change!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post

I got a good feeling about 2021...
    Let's see how it goes. It's already making snarky comments about last year just in its name.

2020 WON
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Gold Member
    It just worked out great for me; I am currently on 16 days of continues dressing in a skirt and top,
    or a dress, I can go 4 more days, then a Doctors Appointment will reduce me to under dressing.
    If it where not for the Doctors Appointment, I would be dressed all the time.
    I order groceries and drive to the store, and they bring them ot and put them into my car.
    All the while I am dressed. This is a first for me, as I do not dress out of my house.
    I am getting bolder in my old age.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferMBlack View Post
    My only resolution of sorts is to not wear any male clothes. I have limits because of size such a athletic shoes. Another would be when u expect clothes to get messed up. No sense running cute girl clothes to fix the car. I started early on November 1st still going great.
    The shoes are scarce but available, as for fem grubbies. Grab some old fem jeans and t-shirts at a thrift store. Since going full time I have changed a starter in my truck, replaced a toilet, garbage disposal, ceiling fan, numerous light fixtures, not to mention all the yard work that goes with owning a home en-femme forms and all.

Way to go Rader.

Day 2- check...

Before I have bailed between day 3 and 7.

They say resolutions were meant to be broken.
    So, I copied the TOP "10" Failed resolutions from an old Time magazine 2012 New Years list....
    Lose Weight and Get Fit
    Quit Smoking
    Learn Something New
    Eat Healthier and Diet
    Get Out of Debt and Save Money
    Spend More Time with Family
    Travel to New Places
    Be Less Stressed
    Volunteer
    Drink Less
    So what's left? Gosh, I am not setting myself for failure so... hmmmm, something safe....!
    Oh...OK, I plan to post more here on the forum!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Yeah, it's hard. Never been sucessful before, but with everything topsy turvy, I thought I'ld give it a try this year. Worst part is wife decided to have a NY resolution this year for us. Plus one exercise per day. Not bad today with only two, but this is one I don't think I can keep

Banned Read only
    Donna,
    So what did the wife do ,sit next to you in a false beard , thick cord trousers and a check shirt smoking a pipe ? Living her dream !!

I guess I'm just happy to be healthy and safe to make it to 2021 , what more could any of us ask for ?

Yeah, right. No she has a new warm nightgown. She's still recovering from a fall and torn hamstrings so her plus is us sitting side by side. She's not into dress up except for nice earrings.

2020 was bad, we're still trying to figure out how to do an annual family get together. Will we be able in April? or still in lockdown and danger danger danger Will Robinson.

No resolutions and no broken promises.
    Simply trying to be a better person every day.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Resolutions are the same as dieting - no such thing it's a change in life direction weather eating or daily habits, if whatever you want if you want it bad enough it will happen, one way or another depending how bad you want it..........................Debra

I just read an article on cnn.com about habits, and cracked up at the wording.

"It can take anywhere from 18 to 254 days for a person to form a new habit and an average of 66 days for a new behavior to become automatic. There’s no one-size-fits-all figure..."

So if it doesn't "take" in 21 days, keep going!
    Last edited by Lisa Gerrie; 01-04-2021 at 06:37 AM.

Phooey, another bites the dust. Too much football and not enought time.. Oh well it was a good ice breaker

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I've never made a New Year's resolution. I always found, if there is something amiss that needs to be corrected, don't wait for January 1st to correct it.
    That would be my response as well.
    Krisi

I made the same resolution this year as I did last year... Try and be the person my wife and dog think I am -

Just a quick update. Day 7. 4 days out of 7, so mostly hit. Instead of stopping when first failed, starting looking at it as a game and trying to get above 50%. Again, only did it because wife wanted to do a "let's both make a new years resolution". The other one we have hit 7 days in a row. Adding one rep each day to an exercise routine. Not looking that forward to day 365.