Thread: Never Feel Like You Are The Only One

Never Feel Like You Are The Only One

This article is really intended for those out there who visit our site, wondering if they are alone with their feelings.

Trust me, you are not, not even close.

I wrote the following essay for my blog and I think it will resonate with many:

https://kandis328772669.wordpress.co...as-what-it-is/

While you visit, stick around and read about many examples of just how you too can bring the woman inside of you out and begin to love yourself.

Start 2021 off with a promise to love yourself!!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Kandi, thanks for the positive energy you bring to these forums. I think many appreciate it.

Nice write up, Kandi.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    That's a very good read, Kandi. Sometimes just letting the thoughts hit the paper like paintball shots create the perfect full portrait.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I was near tears reading your post. Thank you, once again, for reinforcing my motivation & outlook. Much peace

Good read! Thanks for sharing! Speaks a lot for all of us! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Thank you, that is so lovely and positive.

If I hadn’t opened up to a Counselor and joined a support group, I’d be a lot less happy and functional. Really hard to break out of the “I’m the only one with these feelings and really screwed up.” To my current “normal screwed up.”

Platinum Member
    Thanks for sharing. It's always nice to read about journeys with positive self worth. After overcoming the self loathing, denial, self hatred, then the task is finding somewhere one is accepted. In someways once one's internal problems are resolved, then one has to deal with the problems of others. I've read your blog and I think you're truly fortunate to have found a place to fit it.

Hi Kandi, Thank you for another positive blog post. You continue to show us how to smile, something that sounds easy but sometimes not so much.
    Crissy

Thanks again Kandi, I love your positive outlook on life.
    You live life to the fullest

Kandi, Thank you for posting the link. There is so much information and all positive. Great way to start out a new year!

This is certainly a good way to start a new year on the site. Good move Kandi !

Banned Read only
    Kandi,
    Your words don't ring true until you live it , the years when you read about someone elses life and never believe it could happen for you . Now I know exactly what they mean and it does feel good knowing that .

For me it was discovering the RW is actually on your side , gender isn't the big issue we think it is .

I like the way Alexis puts it: Screwed up, sure. But normal screwed up.

Good thoughts, Kandi.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Thanks Kandi for sharing your Blog post. I have looked around your site before and found you very encouraging and inspirational.

Rachel

Gold Member
    You are so correct. Before I found this Forum, I thought that I was the only pebble on the beach.
    I knew of cross dressers, but never had the chance to converse with one, I held my secret hidden
    very well until I found this wonderful Forum. Now I wear Panties, and a Bra 24,7 for over 10 years now.
    I dress at home all the time, and have Jeans from Woman Within for when I have to go out of the house.
    This is a wonderful place.

Awesome! Thanks for being there for people like us!

Kandi, I loved the article, I was absolutely alone until I found this forum, it's been two years, and wow what a difference... Things aren't even close to perfect in my life, but they are better, and you all have helped with that.
    ...Damsel in distress.
    Not exactly natural, Stunning none the less...

(As Girls Go by Suzanne Vega)

Spot on! Thank for a great blog.

What a wonderful article. Like many here I suffered from feelings of guilt and and the inability to be honest with my feelings. The dialogue with other members here showed me tolerance, intelligence, and honesty. No longer did I feel alone or consider this an aberration. I was able, a few months ago, to finally accept and acknowledge myself as transgender. I am not out and probably never will be. It, as some members have pointed out, is not perfect and we all have our down days. But the path forward is better.

I write a lot. I say a lot of things when doing so. I always speak from personal experience. I get out frequently. I actually got out (in public) 107 times in COVID2020.

Anytime I write something like this essay, I am always nervous about how it will be received. I know what I am trying to say, but did I convey that message?

Well, based upon the number of hits, the wonderful comments here, on the blog and the ones I have received privately over the last 24 hours, I am blown away. Thank you ladies all!! But remember, pay it forward. Complement someone. Offer her an ear. Help her go out for the first time. Nothing changes if we don't honor the ladies that have gone before us and help pave the way for the girls to follow. We are all sisters, remember that.

Be well, stay safe and remain visible!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Before I found this site I thought that all crossdressers dressed in secret and were all gay. That came from my age, upbringing and the people I have been around for my entire life. I had no idea that crossdressers dressed openly with the majority married to women. Either the crossdressers in my small town are so passable that I am not seeing them or they do not exist here. Thinking back on twenty five years in the city and another 23 in this rural setting I can honestly say that I have never identified anyone as a crossdresser.

While I love the blog post and appreciate the advice sometimes it?s difficult to feel it in my own circumstances and location.

Well said Kandi.
    I agree totally. It's been a world lifted off my shoulders since I accepted myself almost 20 years ago.
    I had that "am I the only one" feeling for years and years until I read about Christine Jorgensen. Then I found others like myself but still felt "odd". That all ended with self acceptance.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Kandi,
    Great post! I can totally relate, and still find myself battling back and forth more often than I want to admit. It’s comforting to see others experience exactly what I have. Thank you for sharing.