Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regrets?

Of course...
    There were moments I wish I had handled differently, but it is what it is.
    Can't live in the past. I can only enjoy the present and hope for the future.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I was in a parking lot and behind me was the entire Ringling Brother's Circus train on a straight siding track.
    I could see the entire train from end to end. I had my phone but I didn't take a panoramic picture. I didn't take any picture.
    That moment will never happen again.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Probably my biggest regret was after dieting down to around 150# and growing my hair out at 53 in 2004. My wife confronted me and demanded that she did not want to see or know about my dressing. This coincided with a rush of guilt, purging, and quitting smoking resulting in a 40# weight gain since that time. I don?t regret quitting smoking but I regret not being able to control the weight gain. I regret my hair thinning out on top and adding the additional hassle of having to wear a wig as well.

This has been a very interesting and sometimes super fun thread so far. Thanks for starting it, Laurie.

I loved hearing about the stories of moms offering to dress their boys for Halloween and those that did. I wasn't so lucky. I was already a slightly effeminate pretty boy and I don't think mom wanted to put her thumb on the scale in that area.

I also enjoyed the stories of women offering to participate in dressing, nails, etc. and some of us not ready yet. That's also my contribution of regret. I was out to a girlfriend in college. It was all lingerie at the time for me, and therefore with us. She was into to it, and it was a turn on for her and she was buying me stuff. She offered that we should completely dress me and go out. I turned her down and regret it. I just couldn't wrap my head around it--that it would be possible. If I knew then what I know now, I would have known it was totally possible.

It's a regret, but not a deep regret. I love that I came out to a woman so early in life and she was so totally accepting. It set the precedent for me to come out to other women later in life.

For me, regrets come and go...life continues to move on.
    Most of my regrets were in trusting people to accept me as Candice but ended up being used for money, favor, or to belittle.
    I regret wasteful spending on drugs and booze, in my music industry circles, causing me to not being able to afford SRS before I turned 30.
    I regret purging all my pictures from film from my teen years in high school and college while I was presenting as a girl full time.
    I had so many good memories from friends who only knew me as a girl, and a friend.
    I only have a few old pictures today, from those friends who found me on social media and sent me their copies.
    Returning to presenting as a girl when I can do it without hurting anyone, I have no regrets as they are all behind me.
    I've learned my place here in this life and I am happy where I landed.
    I am blessed I can still reminisce about my youth and those memories, lessons, and tasks I experienced while embracing my feminine side.
    Last edited by candykowal; 01-06-2021 at 12:34 AM.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!