Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rite of Passage

Rite of Passage

Happy New Year Ladies!!!

When I read through all the threads of the forum, I noticed there are several topics which seem to get more attention than others. I began to wonder if some of you consider these to be a rite of passage to help launch your next level of dressing or femininity. So what are some of your rites of passage?

I?ll go first:
    Wearing that first pair of panties and being fitted for a bra were big. Being dressed for the first time, looking in the mirror and knowing how right this feels. Receiving that first complement from a GG was important to me.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Stepping out of the car for the first time was HUGE. I've had some ups and downs since then regarding confidence, but I keep pushing myself just the same.

A close second was putting everything together (forms, padding, shape wear, wig, make up....) and finally seeing on the outside, what was on the inside.
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

Ditto with Samm!

My first time out after college was in October. I was trying to work out a look, become more comfortable and try to walk like a lady not a truck driver.

Got ready one evening, got in the car, and drive cross town to mail some envelopes in a post box. It took me a while, duh, to realize that most people seeing a woman mailing something did not set off any alarm bells!

I would say so far for me it would be the first time I dressed (pre-teen years), the moment I decided to just accept this as a part of me and subsequently come out to my wife, and that first time when I saw my fully realized fem self in the mirror for the first time. Still to come for me are my first public outing, and my first face to face meeting/friendship with a fellow crossdresser. I'm hoping at some point in the future the opportunity will present itself for me and my wife to attend some sort of event or support group and meet others who are going through the same experience as we are. Fingers crossed (no pun intended!)
    Never forget that life is short. Whatever you believe, there's no guarantee of tomorrow or a second chance, so live your life the way you want! Be kind to yourself, be kind to others, and let's make this world a little brighter together!

I do not know if I had a rite of passage yet. Yes, I have been out shopping in grocery stores and clothing stores. But that was not it.

I think if I ever get the all clear sign from my wife or I just blow the marriage up that would do it. And I am not blowing my marriage up. So, looks like no rite of passage for me.

great thread!

I would say for me it was the first time I dressed head to toe, not just trying on my mom's clothes, but my cousin, who is only a year or two older than me, came to live with us when I was like 17 and they all went to Disney World for a weekend and left me alone because I said I had to work (uh huh...Suuuuuuuuure LOL) and I got to see myself in clothes that I as a girl of the same age would wear. I had a blast! The only thing missing was a wig (even though I had longish hair then). So I'd say that was the next one for me: I had that WOW moment when I put on a wig for the first time when I was in my early 20s. I finally saw the girl I'd been waiting to see for a long time in the mirror. Sadly I would also add purging, although I do NOT believe it is a necessary step. But many girls of a certain age have been there, and I hope to never go back. After that it's the big one: going out in public, and that has many layers from the first drive en femme to finally getting out of the car, and eventually *gasp* interacting with others! But that took a LOT of build up before I got there, and I think all of my previous rites of passage were necessary to go through before I ventured out for the first time.

For me I'd say the first time I stepped out of the car while dressed even though it was on a dark country lane. Then much later going for a walk where I could be seen by others. Next meeting other CD'ers and then the first time I walked enfemme into a shop and a little later using the ladies changing and rest rooms.

These for me were the big milestones.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

For me it was the first time with full makeup, a wig, and of course, a mirror!

Dana

The first time I went into a bar, sat down, had a drink, and met some people on a social level in 2017 was a game changer for me. I guess I just jumped into the deep end of the pool to see if I could swim. Fortunately it worked out just fine.

Sandi

Judging by the comments and my own experience, I'd say there are many 'rites of passage,' depending on where you fall on the crossdressing continuum. I could site the first time wearing a dress, dressing with heels that fit, wearing a wig, etc. The most recent milestone is probably what you would consider your 'rite of passage.' In that case, mine would be the first time I did make up (false eyelashes and all) got all dressed up, put on the mask and looked in the mirror and really saw Geena. I got all done up, went up to the big bathroom mirror with closed eyes, braced myself, and opened them. I almost gasped. The next milestone would be if I removed the facial hair and went fully made up, lipstick and all. Don't know that it will happen for a while, but I anticipate a 'WOW' moment.

I got a makeover about 12 years ago, I was 54. Now I had makeovers before but usually just drove home. The cosmetologist did an awesome job and I looked great. This time I drove home also and was going to take all the makeup off. But I decided it was finally time to take the plunge in public. I went to a supermarket about 20 miles away. My stomach was in knots as I walked in. An awesome experience. I finally knew what it felt like to present as a woman. From then on it has only gotten better.

First step out the front door "dressed" to go for my drive "dressed" ! Quotation marks are because there was no wig or make up!
    My transformation when my eyes were popping out in the mirror! With the transformation, first make up and first wig worn(hers) and bought (mine)!
    Called "Miss" in IHop!
    First therapy appointment!
    Starting HRT!
    Changing my name legally!
    And so many little ones that I could not keep track of!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

It had to be the first time that I went out in public dressed. I would never have had the courage if you girls here hadn't convinced me that the towns folk would not be chasing me with pitchforks.
    The next would be the first time someone called me "ma'am".

First time out in public just having a normal day to day meal and shopping for me. Then being ?Ma?am?ed by the waiter and other sales assistants.

Not saying "they are for my wife" or "I lost a bet".... Actually not having to say anything at all!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Attending my first SCC trans convention in Atlanta.

First time anyone saw me dressed.
    First time out in public dressed.
    First time I ever met another trans.
    First time I ever met other cd.com members in person.
    First time appearing as Sherry in public.
    First and only makeover.
    First time out at a kinky club event.

Probably a dozen other firsts I don't recall!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Ah, a event marking an important stage in someone's life....
    So many...I suppose I had a lot of pre-events leading up to it.
    My first bra, my first pair of Buster Brown Mary Janes, first skirt, first kitchen apron, necklace, first appointment at a beauty salon, first purse.
    Without going into details, we just moved to Indiana and I got to present in public as Candice while I was 19.
    This was a time before "Metrosexual" was a concept, and I was made glaring aware by my psychologist, I had to be on my "P's" and "Q's"....
    With my Mother, we took the South Shore Railroad from North Hammond, Indiana to downtown Chicago.
    We walked to Michigan avenue to shop and see the Holiday window displays at Marshall Fields and dine in the Walnut room. We shopped for Christmas gifts and did a lot of window shopping.
    It was a right of passage, how to walk daintily, how to sit proper like, how to secure my purse, softly speak, not smudge my makeup...how to giggle. I was so naive.
    After that trip downtown, I understood a lot about what girls went thru to be presentable in public and I saw other ladies not so proper.
    But I got why I was made to be on my best behavior...I was to transition my gender in the near future, after all.
    In retrospect, it is the main reason that today I enjoy dressing up, It is all about reminiscing about those days in my youth.
    It is my little piece of heaven...memories I can never forget and wonder what would have happened to my life if I did transition.
    Last edited by candykowal; 01-05-2021 at 10:52 AM.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

My first time out dressed at a mall shopping. I was so nervous but what a joyous experience. I went to Victoria Secrets, just because I wanted to. I bought a pair of panties, and a sales lady approached and asked me if I wanted help. I so didn't wish to try my feminine voice but I had no choice. After all I wanted the experience. So I told her about a panty that was on sale that I couldn't find. She couldn't figure the pair I had seen online and was going to get me more assistance. No Thanks, I told her I like these after all.

So I had to stand in line for over a half hour in the summer, in Dallas, with their A/C broken, with all the women. So crowded. But so much excitement1006.jpg.

I was also asked by a sales lady inside the mall at one of those kiosks that sold hair treatment to sit down and get a free sample. I told her no thank you. But she wouldn't take no for an answer. She even held my hair (wig) for a few seconds in the hope of getting me to stay. I learned something. While Male when I said no to a salesperson, it didn't take many times saying no, but as a woman, no wasn't respected. Not even by another woman. Before I got away she asked "What are you afraid of?" Maybe that you will realize what is in my panties!

Similar to others, first time going out fully made up. The almost paralyzing excitement and actually feeling the wind through my hair and across my legs as I heard my heels clicking down the sidewalk. I can still remember it so clearly. And of course I never looked back. Lol!

Mine was a Halloween in which I wore my ex wife's nylons garters and camisole. Her first reaction was why and then she stated they look better on you then me. I didnt realize it but deep down I was happy etc
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Wearing heels to work! The noise is unmistakable!

Marion

For me it was going out in public for the first time. It was a major step as I had only dressed in the house.

Banned Read only
    Robin ,
    To talk about the " Rite of passage " depends where you want to finally be on the road , I feel my " Rite of passage " didn't start until I went full time , all that had gone before was building up to that stage .

What an amazing thread!!! Looks like going public is the watershed moment. But also a recognition that there was a lot that often goes before the stepping out that leads up to that threshold moment or event. Fascinating.

Tops on my list would. 1) Buying my first dress in person 2) Shaving the last of my facial hair and getting ok at applying makeup 3) My first outing I remember walking to the mall entrance the wind blowing up my skirt and my reflection in the door as I entered was absolutely my most memorable moment. Great thread.