Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rite of Passage

There's been a few

Yea I've had several Rites of Passage:

• I went into a local ladies clothing store. I was in drab and looking for a bouse that was on sale. Talked to an SA. Told her what I was looking for. Mentioned it was for me and I needed to try it on. When I got to the store I sat frozen in the car for about 15 or 20 minutes playing mind games with myself. I had to stop thinking about it and just do it.
    • Buying my first wig. Retail store. Emailed them to explain who I was and what I wanted. Went to the store and tried on about a dozen different wig in drab mode.
    • Getting my first make over. Sitting in the middle of a beauty salon in drab mode with about 20 GGs while I had makeup applied.
    • First time out to the mall all made up. Oh that was so scary. Mingling with hundreds of people while presenting as a girl.
    • First time out the door all made up.
    • Girl friend asked me to move in with her. I had to have the talk and be totally transparent about my Cding. I had to explain who I was before I would make that commitment.
    Why fit in when you were born to stand out? - Dr. Suess

The night my wife took me out dressed is public. We shopped at Payless, Target and Kohl's it was both frighting and liberating at the same time. I was hooked!
    Jill

Great thread
    I’ve enjoyed reading all the replies.
    I have always dressed starting when I was about 4 year old but only in my mothers dresses. I started to experiment with make up when I was mid teens and for me that was a mini wow moment.
    I have always had short hair, on my dressing days, I’d do make up and enjoy that, but something was missing. When I started to work in my early twenties, I was able to purchase a wig. So the first time I dressed and I put my wig on and saw myself in the mirrorit the moment I had been waiting for all my life it was that WOW moment. The woman looking back at me was me.
    Last edited by Rosemary+; 01-05-2021 at 06:39 PM.

So many memories of that special times. First time finding two Merry Widow crosolettes in the attic and trying them on in front of a mirror! Heaven. So later totally dressing with wig, forms, makeup and dress on long drive (5 hours) back to visit family in PA. I dressed in long black broom stick dress, leather boots with short heels. I wanted to get out of the car to do a short walk (Eastern Shore VA). The wind rushing under my dress and blowing my long red hair was priceless. Got to drive all the way to PA. Later I stayed at our family cottage alone. I was en femme all weekend. It was so wonderful.
    Last edited by char GG; 01-05-2021 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Sorry, topic not allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary+ View Post
    Great thread
    I?ve enjoyed reading all the replies.
    I have always dressed starting when I was about 4 year old but only in my mothers dresses. I started to experiment with make up when I was mid teens and for me that was a mini wow moment.
    I have always had short hair so I?d dress, I?d have the make up on and enjoy that, but something was missing. When I started to work in my early twenties and I was able to purchase a wig. So the first time I dressed and I put my wig on and saw myself in the mirrorit the moment I had been waiting for all my life it was that WOW moment. The woman looking back at me was me.
    That’s another meaningful moment: the first time you look in the mirror and say “Thst doesn’t look like me!”

Despite being 3-4” taller I look just like my sister so my first time was kind of wierd. But my many requests to borrow her high school cheerleader outfit have been shut down. Go Warriors!

I have read all the other replies and was thinking what would mine be? Make-overs? Buying some femme item? Going somewhere special?
    No, I think my rite of passage would have to be when I was dolled up and walking through Macy's past a Prescriptive counter (hope that's the right cosmetics firm) where an SA I was friendly with worked. She had already done a make-over on me and I had purchased many items from her.
    Anyhow, she was not busy as I approached and she motioned for me to sit down on one of those chairs where you could try their wares. I sat and she sat and we talked for quite a while about different things as two women would. And it all was so natural.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I don't know about a "rite of passage" but the big moment for me was when I came out to my wife and dressed for her the first time fully.
    I had all day to prepare and that meant a full removal of all body hair, full makeup and outfit.
    I don't know how I managed to survive it without a heart attack I was so nervous.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Robin, Thanks for the post. It was good to think back on the memories or "rites of passage". Very first was cd memorable experience i remember was me being caught by my mother wearing her bra and me trying to evade her around the yard (like I could evade my mother!!???) (she was gracious enough to let me escape with proof in hand). Then, maybe my first efem "stepping out" moment was at a mall parking lot fully e-efem (but now with many more experiences being e-fem) stepping out of my car fully e-fem with skirt, as I exited my car door, feeling the thrill and feminine emotions of the cool air coming under my skirt, the sexy feel of a skirt wonderfully smooth and shaved legs and hearing the unique click of womens heels. I went shopping in the mall with great confidence (not for sure how passing I was back then but it was a great experience for me) It was a wonderful femmine experience that I will never forget.

I can't help but think one of the major rites of passage is that first order of clothing, makeup, panties, or whatever that first order you make is for delivery to you. The initial fear that there is with "what if the mail carrier knows" or "my significant other sees the package" or whatever concern we have is real for most of us. It is a barrier that has to be passed. I feel like passing that "I am willing to order something for my crossdressing and have it delivered to me" is a major rite of passage. There are likely many between, but certainly buying clothing or supplies in person at a store would be another.

Quote Originally Posted by JennB View Post
    I can't help but think one of the major rites of passage is that first order of clothing, makeup, panties, or whatever that first order you make is for delivery to you. The initial fear that there is with "what if the mail carrier knows" or "my significant other sees the package" or whatever concern we have is real for most of us. It is a barrier that has to be passed. I feel like passing that "I am willing to order something for my crossdressing and have it delivered to me" is a major rite of passage. There are likely many between, but certainly buying clothing or supplies in person at a store would be another.
    My ex-wife used to look at my Amazon search history.

Getting my first professional makeover and seeing myself fully dressed for the first time! Absolutely breathtaking!

I'm still waiting for that one, Katherine
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

My first time out. Halloween 2001. She was Sonny, I was Cher. My girlfriend at the time did my makeup and when she finished said “you’re pretty”. Then seeing the surprise and similar compliments when we arrived at the party.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Well, the first time I did it in Public was the Church Adult Sunday School Halloween party. The year previous, the costumes were fading out, so I figured I had to do something "Shocking" for the next year to get us back in spirit again---Yes I thought of "A woman", but THAT is not really showing any imagination----Later the idea HIT me! A 'Gypsy Fortune Teller" ! both Halloween themed and also the chance for some exotic clothes and makeup---PERFECT!. Indeed I won the costume contest and all the ladies wanted me to tell their fortune (I had Tarot Cards and a Crystal ball). My Idea to liven up the party worked!---Next year I came in only SECOND as a dead on "Mark Twain"---Beat out by an 80 yo "pregnant Nun".
    Attached Images Attached Images

definitely was going out to a (gay) bar getting hit on and told "you're beautiful" and being full on kissed and cuddled.....the next level awaits