Thread: Chickened out

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar

Chickened out

Today I filled out an information sheet with a FFS surgeon and got a phone call from their surgery coordinator. We talked for a while but when she wanted to actually schedule a consultation I totally chickened out. Maybe one day...
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Reality Check
    Why not a consultation? That doesn't mean you have to actually go through with it.

You can find out what's involved and what it will cost. And how much "feminization" to expect.
    Krisi

It's okay, Stacey. I remember chickening out in the younger and even during the not so younger years before taking steps in the transition direction. You will take the right steps when you are ready. It is better to be confident in your choices than worried/anxious. Don't worry -- when the time is right you'll be ready. If it is meant to be, it will be.
    Hugs,
    Last edited by MarieTS; 01-14-2021 at 03:49 AM.
    Marie

Well, on Spanish there's a said I translate here, to croos a river you have to wet your feet....

Just a consultation as Krisi said, then you can do planned decision as to change mind but moving or not moving for fear, another Spanish said, fear is the childnof ignorance....

My penny,

Devi
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    I understand the fear. I made an appointment for a consultation just yesterday. It has been a long time coming. You will know when you are ready.

Aspiring Member
    i’ve had the consult and ct scan. it’s painless. what pushes me forward is the thought if i don’t do it, for the rest of my life, every time i look in the mirror i will think about what might have been, and i would be filled with regret.

the window may not be open forever either. as we age we can develop health conditions that may preclude you from elective surgery.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    When it's time, you will be able to make the appointment. I suggest it's not a matter of bravery but one that suggests there are other issues that need to be resolved first. I was seeing a counselor for almost three years before I had sorted everything out enough to start hormones. It took a couple more years before I started my legal name/gender change and finally I'm ready to begin some of the surgeries. I was making choices that would help insure success. I wasn't "chicken", and I'd suggest neither are you. Sort things out first, it's not a waste of your time.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I'm finally me; I'm free. LisaMarieDayton's Avatar
    Don't be too hard on yourself. It's better to hesitate and make sure this is what you really want than to jump in and get a surgery you can't undo.