Thread: Acceptance at work!

Acceptance at work!

A co-worker said she had some boots I might like! She said she would bring them to work and I could look at them and see if I wanted them! She called one day from work! She had brought the boots and some other things to work and I should come over and check them out! I went over and had a look! She is GG and wears a 12 M! I tried on a pair of brown booties with a wedge heel-perfect fit! I also got a pair of mid-calf boots with a flat heel in black! Also two purses! Have you received items from others for your girly self? Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Lana Mae
    I'm so happy to hear about your co-worker's gestures. Especially after hearing of a few other frustrating exchanges with other co-workers and patients a little while ago. May you have even better days ahead of you.
    -peace
    -Gracie

I have - but usually just small things like necklaces, occasionally a skirt or dress

Not clothing but I have had several sets of clip on ear rings from my wife's best friend

Quote Originally Posted by kayegirl View Post
    Not clothing but I have had several sets of clip on ear rings from my wife's best friend
    Ooh! Gift jewelry! BFF!

Yes. Random clothes and necklaces from the colleague who helped me come out. In fact before I came out she used to ask me to "drop things at the charity shop" in the hope I might find something useful.

Not long after coming out at work a colleague I only really knew to exchange pleasantries with gave me some lovely knee length boots that she hadn't worn.

Good for you Lana ! to get this degree of acceptance says a lot for how things are slowly changing for the better. Happy New Year to you as well!!!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

That's great Lana. In my case a co-worker of my partner passed a whole load of stuff on to me a few months back. She said it was either let me have them or they'd go to the charity shop. There was some good stuff in and amonst it all too. It's great when it works out like that.

Banned Read only
    Lana,
    It's something men don't usually do so it's a nice gesture of accpetance from a GG .

A few years ago my gender counsellor sent me two parcels of items she was clearing out I was so grateful , it was her way of helping me out the door . Recently a GG friend gave me two bras which were sized wrong in the shop so they didn't fit her , rather than take them back she offered me them .

I still like to check out charity shops some of the buys are too good to miss , often some items have never been worn .

Reality Check
    I have received items from my wife but that's it. As far as I know, she is the only one who knows about my dressing.

My wife will offer me blouses and such that she doesn't wear any more or that are too tight on her. She will also sometimes go shopping and bring me home dresses or blouses that she found on sale and thinks I would like.
    Krisi

I have heard it said that one's transition is a success once one has begun to collect BY friends.