Thread: The New World of work from home

The New World of work from home

As I sit through another meeting with only my head really in view of those in the meeting, and dressed from neck down in only women's clothing, I wonder how many others are doing the same. The camera angle is a result of Dell putting the camera at the bottom of the screen and people only seeing my hands when typing if not turned up. I've now had my nails done for a year and 3 months and while no one has said anything, they have differently seen them, so that's not a major concern anymore.

Jeans, shorts were already from the women's department when everyone was in the office, but now I'm starting to wonder if shirts would matter. I am sure that people have to have noticed when we were in the office. I guess shirts are next, but t-shirts are pretty much unisex and it's a casual environment when we're in the office with polo shirts being the norm for dressier days.

I started going to the gym around Christmas cause it slows down, but have continued since the New Year's crowd didn't happen. I've been going to the gym in women's workout wear, top, sports bra, yoga pants and a jacket. The only time I wore a men's shirt to the gym was with a sports bra and yoga pants without the jacket and it was nice. Yoga pants are a win, I need to get some sneakers to finish the look.

I don't know, just needed to say it.

Hi Like you zoom has become a way of life for us as we work from home, I have my camera set so that it only sees me from the shoulders up so I wear a male type shirt but waist down I am wearing a skirt, Panties Suspenders, Stocking and Heels every day, of late I have worn a lace bra without any forms, and I don't think anyone has clicked.

It's a funny feeling talking to many of my staff knowing I am wearing a Skirt.

Do you work with engineers? If so, zero worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexis00 View Post
    Do you work with engineers? If so, zero worries.
    Do Web engineers count?

I am retired now so the only zoom meeting were with the girls of my Chi-Chapter social club and we all dress in skirts and heels!
    But when I was working, I was out of the office, most days in my company car and driving to get documents signed, delivering contracts, shopping for equipment, overseeing concert venues being set up by our crew, or picking up clients as I was a supervisor for a production company.
    I was able, in some cases to present as Candice while doing some aspects of my job! It really made my job so fun and it relieved a lot of stress I was feeling.
    One day, I had to pick up tickets at the train station downtown so I dressed pretty.
    While walking in the main hall, two of my co-workers in sales walked right past me as I was headed for the ticket counter, and I was just another girl...they paid me no mind!!! I was smiling ear to ear! What a fun day at work!
    It was so inspiring....so I know that feeling of being you in eye site of people in your circles, not in the know.

ckamtrak_2x4.jpg
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

I have been living in the Zoom world since March. Male waist up except for the bra, skirt, hose and heels below. I wear foundation, concealer, and lipstick matched to my natural color to avoid wash out under the lights. On days I don’t have any calls scheduled, it’s a pretty blouse or a dress.

I am so much more productive and creative in this work from home world. I don’t look forward to going back on the road when we get to the new normal.

hello Billie,
    when I Zoom or Teams from home friends ask me why I only have an avatar not a camera ... !
    luv J

Hi Billie,
    As a new CD, I have yet to experience the enjoyment of working dressed. Actually, I plan to on Monday once the wife has left to go to her job. I am very excited about sitting at my desk in a bra and panties with a lovely strappy top and leather leggings with some heels (that I?ve not learned to walk in yet). When my skirt arrives, that will be next and I?m looking forward to it. Fortunately, most of my meetings do not involve video so that?s OK. I think I will be happier working dressed and probably get more done too!
    Love Rach

Diamond Bar & Ventura both of which are in Southern California
    I have sat through many meetings dressed en femme since last March. Fortunately I dont have to have the camera on, so no worries about being found out. There is just something so comfortable about wearing what I want, when I want.

Silver Member
    The women in your office may have noticed your nails and women's pants, and will almost certainly notice if you wear a shirt with the buttons on the "wrong" side. Men probably won't notice it, but women probably will. They may not care, but they will probably notice. If you don't want (or can't afford) to be outed, I'd reconsider what you wear.

I have to ask, for those who work via Zoom, aren't you afraid of people seeing what you are wearing if you stand up and walk away from your seat?

I would normally wear a uniform to work when in the office with women's underwear (panties, vest and socks). Since I started working from home I have plenty of time to fully dress in women's wear which I love.

During Teams video calling I must always remember to never stand up if wearing a skirt and to put on a hoodie and remove my cap if dressed in one of my maid's outfits and again never stand up either. It's a strange feeling to be dressed up while holding a conversation with work colleagues, none of whom have any idea regarding my hobby as I am never outwardly fem.

I had a Teams call with BOD yesterday and I wore a strappy top and skirt.
    I felt great and gorgeous. Even managed to get interested in a fairly dull topic.
    The camera button is far too close to the mic mute button though for comfort!
    Love Rach