Thread: Sometimes it's still so surreal

Sometimes it's still so surreal

Last night my wife went upstairs to bed, I cleaned up my stuff and locked up and made my way up to bed. Half way up the stairs I pass the leaning mirror on the landing that I pass every night, but last night something catches my eye. I stand in front of the mirror looking down at my fluffy pink slippers and look up to my biege slip, white silk overcoat, wig, silver loop earrings and finally the pink lipstick on my lips. I reach down and lift the front of the slip exsposing the lace of the thigh high stockings, all at once I get this flash back when I was 13 or 14. I remembered I couldn't get stockings so I cut a pair of pantyhose and put strings to look like stockings and garter belt, and now I have so many pairs. I reach down and feel my smooth hairless legs and pull the slip higher and viewing my white silk thong panties and white lace bra with the breast forms and my hairless body.
    I turn around and see my wife laying in bed and I get another flash back when I was 18 years old, I had to decide between the girl down the street that I grew up with or my wife now. I didn't have the best relationship with my father but I did listen to him when he gave me the advice to marry my wife and not the girl down the street. He's explanation was the girl down the streets family was a mess and he said when you marry the girl you marry the family too. The day I married my wife my dad pulled me aside and told me that if I don't do anything else right in my life it didn't matter because I married an amazing women. I snapped out of my flash back with me looking myself in the mirror with my full slip pulled up to my neck and the sound of my wife's voice saying "I hope your not planning to make love to that beautiful girl in the mirror " with a loud "HA HA HA. I wasn't laughing and thought to myself what would have happened if I did marry the other girl and that my wife is totally responsible for what I was looking at in the mirror. I think to myself if I take her for granted but realize we do have a non selfish relationship, we are always thinking about the other before ourselves. I can't believe after all this time I still have these moments of disbelief and really would have never believed I would have been where I am with the dressing. Sometimes when it comes to my dressing it wasn't the smoothest road in my marriage but it feels like at times so surreal and that I'm going to wake up from a dream. I still can't believe after all these years I still get those moments and flash backs. Thanks had to share.

Absolutely lovely post about your feelings for your wife

Thank you for sharing. You have an amazing relationship with your wife and are extremely lucky. Your father was right, you marry the family. My ex-wife's family was a bit of a mess and I paid for it with a divorce. But, all things considered, it's better than still being married to her.
    "It is so easy to exist, instead of live. Unless you know there is a clock ticking."
    --Anna Quindlen, writer, journalist, columnist

I am on my second marriage. I agree, you marry the family. Also, my wife asks me if I would go back to my ex-wife if something happened to her. No way, single would be better than that mess!

I told my wife this once, My first marriage was two years that seemed like it lasted forever. My second marriage is close to forty years, but it seems like only a short time.

The first was two years of constant battle, the second has been easy, peaceful and loving. Everything the first was not!