Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you have a mommy?

Silver Member
    I had an older lady like that. In fact, she was my on-again off-again girlfriend for about 12 years. She was the greatest thing I ever had in my life. Sadly, she found a man (another dresser) with lots of money and left me for good, though I am still friends with her. Now she has reached "end of life", 75 and in poor health and won't be around much longer.

I met a lady once on Craigslist who was trying to start a crossdressing service. After swapping a few emails I went to her house. This was the first time I had ever been dressed and talking to someone who knew me in both sides. She did my makeup and gave me a full tutorial while doing so. We then went out and had lemonade and chatted on her back deck for hours. After a while I didn't even realize I was dressed. I felt so comfortable.

Over the next couple years we became friends and met numerous times. She counselled me on makeup, clothes, and little things like posture, walk and gestures. Her business never happened, maybe because she would not accept any money except when I bought some of her Mary Kay products. She moved then I moved and we lost touch but I will never forget Miss D. She was both mentor and friend.

That’s wonderful!

Silver Member
    Sort of. Geri is about 10 years older than me so I think of her as my big sister. I met her when I was just getting up the courage to walk into a dress store and shop like a normal customer. She was one of the top SAs and she took me under her wing, boosting my clothing knowledge and my self confidence at the same time. Although her company's policy frowns on staff having personal relationships with customers, we have since become close friends, sisters even, and we frequently go out for afternoons of lunch and shopping. She says she disliked clothes shopping until she met me, but not anymore.

I started at an early age, with the girls next door, later I got a share house with four girls when I was 20, they wanted me to be more like them so I was always wearing their clothes. This episode in my life has been covered in previous posts.

Good fun really. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Barbara is a Saint