Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Self Image

Always difficult to know where you sit on the attractiveness scale so as for the male me I'm going to say average but I can "scrub up well" if I put my mind to it. A good head of hair and blue eyes probably helps.

Femme me I could once only judge by being able to blend into the crowd so that made me think well not too bad on the looks front. That change a little following conversations with other CD'ers who said things such as, " You should have no problems going out" which I took at face value as being honest compliments and not just kind words of flattery. Don't get me wrong, I know I don't pass up close but the magic a wig and a bit of slap can perform can make goddesses of any of us.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    This is a fascinating thread. I have always been told that I am an attractive male. I think I look fairly good as a woman, too. However, I always had huge hangups over the fact that my body is obviously masc. I have wide shoulders, big hands, knobby knees and big feet. When I was younger, I was so hung up about these features that I now understand that it played a big role in deciding not to transition and opting to remain a closeted CD. I was terrified of looking like a sorry MIAD. Ironically, the older I got and the more I was likely to look like a MIAD as youth escaped, the more comfortable I have become with my self image. I will always have my male body characteristics, but that doesn't bother me any more. It certainly doesn't bother the people who are attracted to me. I had to grow old to understand that attitude is EVERYTHING.

I figure I'm decent-enough looking for a 62-year-old man. I kind of quit caring about my looks after a few years of fatherhood. My femme appearance needs work. I was able to pass when I was going out 10 years ago, but I'm not sure how I'd get by today.
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

Average for a man.
    Less so for a woman.
    Better when doing my normal daily non-binary mixing of genders (pick the best parts of both genders).

Male mode: nondescript to the edge of invisible. (Nobody notices me much)

Female mode: point, stare and giggle. (based on the reactions I've gotten)

Of course there are exceptions, but these are how I usually see people reacting to me.

hello Geena,
    1 - don't really care - try to look bland most times and occasionally eccentric
    2 - it's my (private) fantasy world so I can dress however I please
    does that make any sense?
    luv J

This is an interesting conversation. Dressed masculine I am average+ but sometimes I am very insecure as I am pretty fem. Dressed feminine I am average+ as I have a good figure. Either way I am usually pretty comfortable with me and how I present. Some days are better than others but I think that is pretty normal. Cheers.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

Quote Originally Posted by Geena75 View Post
    I recently watched a video on Tedx by a person in drag making the point that what we wear represents the image we want others to see.
    So how does he explain those of us who never go out?
    The rest:
    1) Average, I suppose. Though, I'm not a good judge of how attractive men are, so maybe I can't tell. Besides, with men, the most important things aren't looks. It's: Power, status, assets, confidence, height, and looks are somewhere down the line.

2) At six foot four and over 250 pounds, with a forehead brow bar that gorillas would envy, giant hands and feet, a missing front tooth (was growing in 'snaggle', so mom just had it pulled out) so I have a single 'middle' front tooth instead, and a scar from an operation on my face, I shudder to think of what any woman would go through if she looked anything like me.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Always been below average as a man, as a woman I still do well these days. I was considered a bombshell when I was 20...... Sigh! :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That has changed over time for sure!

Prior to me taking a serious gender exploration, I felt like my male mode was poor to mediocre. My female mode had not blossomed and only had a SERIOUS interest in clothes, but I had never fully dressed head-to-toe.

Now that I have explored my feminine gender expression I feel very positive about my male mode representation. I?m taking better care of my body which actually helps me feel good about the male AND female presentations of myself. Self esteem improvements in one gender expression lift all parts of me up!!