Thread: Wasted time?

Wasted time?

Being new here I have to say reading all the threads from the ladies have helped a lot. Like many here I knew the first time I put on a pair of panties pre teen I was different. Of course over the years the dressing progressed with several purges and shopping sprees. I started to think the cheese had slid of my cracker,but this site has shown me I'm not alone. It has given me new goals to shoot for. Now at 50years old and a stage 4 throat cancer survivor who knows how much time one has. So I will start enjoying who I am as much as I possibly can. And with a little luck I'll figure out this makeup thing it is a work in progress any tips on that surely welcome. Hope you all have a great day.

Welcome to the forum! If you don't want to waste time figuring makeup out.... go get a professional make over and have them teach you and supply you with the products they used on you... The results are usually amazing and you will be able to recreate that look going forward.... Took me years to master (mistress?) makeup enough to go out in public.... ended up I became a moderator on a makeup forum for a couple years...
    Last edited by Karren H; 01-14-2021 at 06:13 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Welcome Sara, No you are not alone here and you are among friends here! You are right that life is to short so enjoy it!

I agree with Karen.
    Do the make-over thing!
    But do it several times and if they will let you, make a video, because you might forget something she told you, or she did something but forgot to tell you. Because she might have thought it was something all women know/do, or simply does it all the time so forgot to tell you.
    Use different makeup artists. Soon you will have a preferred/helpful friend.

Congratulations on being a cancer survivor.

After you have 10 posts, we have a section dedicated to clothing, fashion and beauty where you will be able to ask makeup questions.
    Last edited by char GG; 01-14-2021 at 06:52 AM.

Reality Check
    I doubt you can do that in-person makeup thing with the Covid virus and social distancing, but there are a lot of makeup videos on youtube. Some are pretty lame, but you can find some good ones if you look long enough.

I think it's important to remember that not all women spend an hour or more with a couple dozen different products making themselves up before they leave the house each day. As long as you can conceal any hint of a beard and put on some lipstick and maybe eyeshadow and mascara, you will be fine.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    The secret to happiness is orange concealer. Regardless of how closely you shave, the tiny bit of hair that remains just under the surface of your skin creates a blueish tint that shows through foundation and makeup. You apply a modest amount of orange concealer to your face in the areas where your beard grows. Not too much or it will make you look like you have a rash. Let it dry before applying foundation on top, for the same reason. This will make a world of difference. The rest is just a matter of trial and error. I would recommend beginning with inexpensive makeup while learning. Once you have mastered your technique, you can move up to the expensive stuff, which can be very expensive.

Hi Sara.

Like you I've been doing this all my life (since around five). I'm older considerably older than you and I also feel the need to get on with things. We never really know how much time we have left. The clock keeps ticking. About five years ago I did a big push to move my presenting as female forward a lot. Went from pretty much being in the closet to going out in public and owning it.

As far as makeup goes, I reached out to a couple of makeup artists (three via email) to see who was willing to work with me. I told them who I was and what I was looking for. All of them were positive and more than OK to help me out. I wanted to learn from the pros and see what they could do with me. I think this was a smart decision. I picked one and set up an appointment. I made sure this was not just a make over but also teaching me how to do it.

We were going to have two sessions. First session would deal with overall face (moisturizing, foundation, contouring, highlighting, blend blend blend....). Second session dedicated to only eyes (very important). The makeup artist did half my face and then I did the other half. This worked pretty good.

Day of the first session I went in drab mode (all guy). Wasn't sure what to expect. Well this was a busy beauty salon. It wasn't just me and a makeup artist. It was me sitting right in the middle of the room with about 20 GGs working on getting pretty. It was very surreal. All went well. I felt more than welcome. Really no negative feelings or thinking I shouldn't be there. The owner of the salon and the staff were all very supportive.

Second session I went fully dressed up. I had a wig I really liked (another story all on it's own). I put my face makeup on, everything but no eye makeup. Got fully dressed. Wig in place. Off I go. This was the very first time I went out in public. Again I felt very welcome. My makeup artist met me at the door. She didn't know I was getting fully dressed. I was welcomed with a "Look at You!" comment). As I sat there waiting for my makeup artist to get a few things ready, another makeup artist came over and complimented me on the color of my blouse saying she couldn't wear that color but it looked really good on me. A third makeup artist complemented me on how well I had done on my face makeup.

We focused on the eyes during this session. My makeup artist did one eye and then I did the other. Eye liner, eye shadow, false eye lashes. Once we were finished, I sat there looking in a mirror trying to take in what we had done. The more I looked, the more I saw a female in the mirror. Most of my typical male features were gone. I started to realize I could be passable. I could potentially blend in and be accepted as female.

As I drove home I kept looking in the rear view mirror and seeing a girl looking back. I figured this was as good as it was ever going to get. I wanted to put this to the acid test. I decided to go to one of the local malls and take a walk. Needed to see the reaction. I was really scared. Remember this was the first day I ever went out in public.

I went into the mall through a department store. Right away two different women clocked me and gave me nasty looks. I thought I was in trouble. I was going to head for the nearest exit. As I walked along I rebuilt my courage. This was my chance to really give this a try. I pushed on. I think I my face had a grimace expression on (dead give away for me - not a good girly look). I put on what I call my Mona Lisa smile (not a smile but a slight grin). I kept walking along. It was very crowded. I had to turn sideways a few times to avoid bumping into people. I kept looking for eye contact or second looks or grimaces. Nothing. No one was clocking me. A couple of guys looked at me to check me out. Nothing unusual. I kept going and to my amazement I seemed to be blending in. On the way out of the mall I went out through the same department store. I'm coming up on the cosmetic counters. I'm thinking if anyone is going to clock me it would be the girls in this department. Nothing. I kept going right out the door.

Whew. What a day. What an experience. This was a game changer. Since then I've started going out on a semi-regular basis. I don't worry about it anymore. I've done other mall walks, all was good, again no one seemed to clock me. Now if I do ever get clocked I don't worry about it. I own this. This is me and the world has to deal with it. I do a decent job of presenting as female and I claim my spot in the world.

The makeup and wig are a huge part of my presentation. The makeup lessons streamlined my learning process. I feel pretty confident I can put my face on. I think the make over/lessons was a real good way to go if you can afford it.
    Why fit in when you were born to stand out? - Dr. Suess

Mod Warning:

If this thread turns into a "makeup" thread, it will have to be closed. The OP can post in CS&B when she has enough posts.
    Last edited by char GG; 01-14-2021 at 12:25 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    There's way more to this dressing thing than make up, Sara. As u can see by my avatar, at age 77 looks r still important to me!

But, also important r all the T friends I've met in person at clubs and T events around the country! Of course, Covid has put a kybosh on those activities for the time being. But, after things return to the new normal? I highly recommend u getting out and meeting other dressers!

As u mentioned, u r different. Well, in my experience all dressers r a bit different from each other, too!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

life is too short