Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rash from bra - a little bit funny?

Rash from bra - a little bit funny?

Hey all,

Anyone else get a rash from wearing a bra before its gone in the wash?

My support from my wife is growing and she has not only happy with me underdressing on some evenings she is even suggesting it for me. However its the first time I have properly worn a bra for a long period of time, and after an hour or so I am itching under the cups and my skin a little red. This has happened twice so I have just switched to my favourite bra I have worn the most, fingers crossed.

Finally able to dress and it seems I am allergic to crossdressing!! Someone has to be laughing somewhere

Maria x

Never had the rash issue ... but the irony is sort of funny!!

Platinum Member
    Hi Maria , Maybe a little Talc would help, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sounds like the early signs of a serious clothing allergy!! You might have to throw out all your clothes, change hobbies and become a nudist!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Does the bra have silicone strips to help it stay in place, similar to stay up stockings?

With some stay up stockings I break out bad from the silicone strips. I am very careful to buy brands that don't cause an irritation.

It could simply be chemical residue left over from the manufacturing process. Wash it, wear it see how it goes.

Banned Read only
    Maria,
    I sometimes have a problem with a rash so now I use Johnson's baby talc before I put my bra on and also rub it on my forms ( no I don't stick mine on ) and the prblem has gone .
    I admit some bras have very course stitching which can irritate before they've been washed and soaked in fabric conditioner a couple of times .

I often get a rash from my bras when they start to show signs of wearing out. This is especially true when the bands start to loose their soft protective covering. I have also experienced rash issues from some bras made with latex, especially in the warmer weather.

Maria,
    congratulations on the growing support from your wife - many of us can only wish for that!

Now, about the rash...
    ANY new clothes I buy have to go straight into the washer before I wear them, or I will scratch and squirm until I get them back off.
    I also have to use "sensitive skin" detergent and fabric softener.
    And those tags? They've got to go too.

So - you're not alone.

Yes, Maria, that is a little bit funny. Unless it is happening to you. I suspect you are showing an allergic reaction to something in the fabric or something else in the structure. A good washing should take care of it. Keep in mind that bras tend to produce a little bit of sweating as they hold in some heat unless they are all lace. That warmth and moisture can create favorable conditions for reactions that would not otherwise occur. Nylon panties do that to me so I wear cotton and have no problems.

And a hearty congratulations on the additional support of your wife. I suspect but don't know that she sees you are happier that way and as underdressing is kind of an out of sight, out of her mind thing she finds it acceptable. My wife has loosened up that way as well and allows me to wear a pair of flats in the house. Any further is a definite NO. At least at this time. Doing crossdressing is one thing, but when they see that our demeanor changes to being much more cheerful that encourages a bit loosening of the ropes. Goes to show when they see a positive effect on personality that the activity produces they start to see that perhaps the behavior of some degree of crossdressing is beneficial rather than the usual view of seeing it as pretty pointless. That mood shift touches their usually stronger female-like empathic traits.

Very funny comment Karren.

Banned Read only
    SaraLin,
    I do wish they would give more thought for the tags , sometimes I miss the clear nylon ones and find I have a painful sore usually on the back of my neck if it was in the neckline.

I guess the problem is the the garments are often made in larger factories and the clothes labelled by the importers .

Gretchen,
    Not convinced becoming a nudist would solve my problems I feel the cold too much now but it may mean I have a totally different group of friends .

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Sounds like the early signs of a serious clothing allergy!! You might have to throw out all your clothes, change hobbies and become a nudist!!
    Now that is the Karen I remember.

There?s nothing funny about a rash regardless of cause. My wife always washes new clothes and so do I. Heaven only know where an item of clothing was manufactured or packaging or shipping. After I wash both new and old clothes, they seem to feel and fit better.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria_mtf View Post
    Anyone else get a rash from wearing a bra before its gone in the wash?
    You mean like a brand new bra that's never been worn? No, but you never know what manufacturers treat their fabrics with to keep them looking clean and bright on the racks. Washing always a good idea before wearing clothes for any length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria_mtf View Post
    However its the first time I have properly worn a bra for a long period of time, and after an hour or so I am itching under the cups and my skin a little red. This has happened twice so I have just switched to my favourite bra I have worn the most, fingers crossed.
    It is also possible you are wearing the wrong size bra.

I had that problem with a Sears AIO. Like Gretchen said, you are likely reacting to the fabric or a fabric treatment that went away after washing.

Hey everyone, firstly its ok I am not allergic to all bras!

After switching to my favourite bra, which has been washed many times, the rash went. The rash was only very minor in the first place. I was a little concerend for a minute hence but also hoped might make a few laugh.

With regards to my wifes support its been overwhelmingly positive since our last chat, I have told her this and even said I am a little concerened it will come to an end! Currently we are both very happy. All come from finally letting my guard down and being more honest.

I normally put long posts on explaining this sort of stuff however I have decided not to yet, maybe I dont want to jinx it. I will say though that she saw my full makeover picture and commented its probably better I dont like look me and that I look like a woman.

Happy 2021 everyone

I always wash new clothes prior to the first wearing just to eliminate all the chemicals they use in manufacturing.

Never had a rash from my bras and I sometimes wear them and my forms for 2 or 3 days at a time.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My GG friend is allergic to polyester clothing leggings she can only wear 100% cotton. It could be something like that or as others said latex

Not a rash, but a couple of funny swellings. Anyway my wife says its nothing to worry about and has given me a special cream to rub in. Not sure its working though! Hope things get better for you. Hugs.

I have had the rash happen a few times also. In my case they were pretty bras that I thought fit properly. Hmm, was wrong, I bit the bullet and ordered the next size up (from 38C to 40B) and never had a problem since. It seems that the material around the underwire rubbed which was causing the "rash". Maybe try a bigger size as I did, you are likely to find a big difference

Reality Check
    I have never had a rash from wearing a bra, but I suppose you could wash it and see if that helps. I have had an itch from wearing white socks and determined it might be from laundry detergent that doesn't get completely rinsed out of the socks. Many manufacturers now have "special" detergent that's not supposed to cause any allergies so I have been using that on the white clothes.

Is it possible your bra is too tight? Even a properly fitted bra will leave marks on the skin that can last for hours.
    Krisi

Aspiring Member
    Always, always, always launder all clothing that you buy before wearing it. You do not know who has touched it or how clean their hands, etc., are. That goes double for this era of COVID.

A rash is not funny to its bearer. Latex allergy is real. So are bad reactions to conditioning chemicals that make fabrics stiffer, more attractive, easier to sew, ...

Please do not misunderstand. I am not saying that your wife is this devious but I do know several wives who definitely are. They are among my large extended family of relatives and in-laws. They would set up their husbands for a nasty rash in hopes that it would cure the man of his crossdressing.
    Last edited by abby054; 01-18-2021 at 10:24 AM.

Silver Member
    Wash all lingerie before wearing. You don't know who tried it on before you did.

Reality Check
    The problem with laundering everything before you try it on is, once it's been laundered, you cannot return it.

Unless I bought it at the thrift store, I do not launder new clothes before wearing them. I have never gotten a rash or Covid from clothing. I think our normal daily lives put us into contact with other people's "germs" and we develop an immunity to them.
    Krisi

Thanks everyone for comments. Both bras I tried on originally with no rash, and like I said even after a few hours it was only minor. From now on though new clothes go in the wash.