Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rash from bra - a little bit funny?

Some of those tags with metal thread in them should be scrapped.

Those are the most troublesome type of label put in any clothing.

As for other irritations I think it is a residual chemical issue.

The first wash seems to cure the problem.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    Short of wearing panties or pantyhose someone else has worn, I can't imagine any worn item of lingerie giving someone a harmful disease. Even picking up COVID from handling clothing is a major stretch, never heard of any cases of it happening.

Unless I'm in an emergency situation where I immediately need to buy and change into replacement clothing due to some sort of accident, I never wear new clothes that haven't gone through the wash. Many years ago, when I was studying skin diseases and other problems due to parasites and insects, I came across pictures of a woman who had done just that, worn a bra that she had ordered which had been manufactured overseas. And didn't wash it first, just wore it.... and wound up with some sort of rather large insects (fly size) that burrowed into the skin, and multiplied there. She wound up dying from it. I remember it appeared as if her breast had been hit by birdshot from a shotgun, only all the little nasty insects were in her skin, instead of buckshot. I think they were 'botflies' but I'm not sure, as I can't find my book that had all the pictures of skin problems in it.

Wash your clothes before wearing them.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by NitaCD View Post
    I often get a rash from my bras when they start to show signs of wearing out. This is especially true when the bands start to loose their soft protective covering. I have also experienced rash issues from some bras made with latex, especially in the warmer weather.
    Wow, I don't think I ever worn out even one bra. You must dress a lot.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

I have been dressing for just a few years and I don't know how many bras I have tossed because they were stretched out and torn and falling apart. 5 or 6 probably, I really don't know! One there is some little thing wrong I just can not wear them any longer. I am high maintenance and my clothes need to be in like new condition!

Reality Check
    Pumped, I suspect you are wearing bras that are too small if they stretch out and have to be discarded. Sure, bras will wear out, not not quickly.
    Krisi

I wear them snug, but I also wear larger sized water balloon forms and the need support. If I wear my 40" bras on the last hook the band doesn't fit close to my chest. My chest measures 38" and I wear a 38" or 40" band. I lost twenty pounds since I bought the 40" and intend to buy 38" from now on. My 40DDD on the tightest hook with my forms the band fits nicely and the center of the bra between the cups just touches my chest. I have played with bra sizing over the years, Read a bunch on the internet on bra sizing and fit, tossed and donated a few finding the right fit for my body and forms and feel I got a good idea how to size a bra. I even "sized" my wife a while back and bought her new bras and she likes them better than what she was wearing.