Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You will look good in this

What a great life

You will look good in this

I stopped by a cloths resale shop close by and haven't been in there in a couple months and they had a new lady working and very nice. I picked out a few things they have real nice stuff. when I went to pay she check me out she folded my stuff up and smiled and said this sweater
    will look good on you. It cough me by surprise, You think so. Wow what a rush

Aww...How flattering! I can imagine the rush and the smile that must have brought to your face.
    I'm not going out at the moment and I don't think the M&S delivery driver would say something like that
    This was a lovely experience for you.
    Love Rach

You?re such a sweetheart Rach mwa

Thank you hun. Right back at you! X

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    that is so cool! when i went to my local wig shop recently i told the sales associate these were for me. made it a lot easier

I have yet to go out dressed in public but have a story that should bring a smile and chuckle to the more experience. I was consumed with pink fog and had a couple days and nights alone two summers ago. I put on my skin tight jeans, earrings, light makeup, clear nail polish and pretty rings and thought I?d go on a discrete shopping trip to the dollar store. I picked out some panties, earrings, and makeup and got in the checkout line. Two big farmer types got in line behind me, the kind with the big rough hands and deep voices that are very intimidating to me. I caught a few eye rolls then I get to checkout and the clerk starts complimenting me on my pretty rings and purchase with two snickering farmers behind me the size of NFL linebackers.

So here is this little 5 and a half foot me who intended to make a grab and purchase and get out of there discretely front and center in the spotlight. Nothing bad happened and the clerk was sincere but had a loud voice. I suddenly had a much greater appreciation for how brave my sisters here are.

Hi Jena,

It's always nice when you receive a positively sincere, unsolicited comment. I always find those to be so empowering. Thanks for sharing.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Any compliment still has an effect on me.

I walk on a cloud for the rest of the day...... Or is it "The Cloud"?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Compliments do have a way of making us very happy and smile the rest of the day
    Crissy

Years ago I was buying a bustier with matching panty and stockings.
    At the checkout the young girl was bagging the outfit and slyly said "you gonna look so cute in these". I smiled and said, "I certainly hope so" and watched her jaw hit the floor.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I was at a checkout paying for a very pretty pink bra and matching panties dressed 100% male, right down to beat up work boots. The clerk looked at me and said with a smile, "these will look cute on you." I just told her I agree, that is why I bought them! She never reacted, so I am not sure if she was messing with me, or me messing with her!

That set went out in a purge when my wife found out about my dressing and later on I was not able to replace them, and I do miss them!

Silver Member
    Doesn't that make you feel great? I love clothes shopping. At the stores I go to, there is always a sales person who knows me and my personal style. They will tell me right away if something looks good on me or not. I've never brought a single thing that wasn't fabulous on me when shopping in person. They won't let me! LOL!

At one store there was a group of 3 or 4 ladies who would argue over who gets to help me. When new stock came in, they would pick out the dresses they "just had to see me in" and I would have to play dress up with them for more than two hours. Heavenly.

That is so nice to have the sales staff pay a genuine compliment. Kindness is infectious. Cheers.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

What a great life
    I though I would stop by and check on some sweaters and there no cars there and I though they maybe closing. Went in at the sweater rack checking it out and a young Lady came from behind me and asked it there was anything special I was needing. When I checked out she was very friendly and said I see you tomorrow. Really feels good when things fall in place.

I was at my favorite Dangerfield store in Melbourne, Australia and sales angel Amelia picks a dress off a rack and says "I want to see you in this." Doesn't get any better than that.

What a great life
    No, That makes a day of it.

Not into shopping locally Yet. They don't have a shoe that fits my big flipper.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 01-21-2021 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumped View Post
    I was at a checkout paying for a very pretty pink bra and matching panties dressed 100% male, right down to beat up work boots. The clerk looked at me and said with a smile, "these will look cute on you." I just told her I agree, that is why I bought them! She never reacted, so I am not sure if she was messing with me, or me messing with her!

That set went out in a purge when my wife found out about my dressing and later on I was not able to replace them, and I do miss them!
    Reminds me when I went into a store in a town about 30 miles from where I live and bought 2 quite conservative nighties. I took them to the counter where a guy in I guess his early 20's was serving. He was a bit full of himself and said "the pink one matches your eyes" with a big smile on his face. I didn't react much and just said "really......" while looking at him. He then,to fill the silence, added something about them being for my Wife and I said nothing else to dispute this. He then went on to to say that he had tried the same banter with another guy some weeks earlier who had been buying some women's clothes and apparently the guy went nuts!

I then noticed that a young couple with a baby had queued up behind me so were in earshot which was a pity as I was just on the point of telling him that he had been right the first time, the nighties were for me and that I was a crossdresser just to see his reaction.

I was in a thrift store that had lost its lease and was having a going-out-of-business, fill-a-bag-for-a-quarter sale. The manager apparently had read me. She brought a coat to me and suggested that it would look good on me. At the time I could not imagine my wife tolerating it hanging on our coat rack, so I declined the coat without even trying it on. I kick myself to this day, not only for the lost opportunity to have a cute coat, but for the crestfallen look on the manager's face.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jena , That was awesome, I am sure that you will be back there, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    That is so nice to read. I have not been into a clothes shop since this virus hit. What a happy moment.

What a great life
    The one I go to is a high quality store and the stuff they have isn't cheap but it still a savings only time I go to a the high end department stores is to buy lingerie. It doesn't bother me a bit to tell them I crossdress.
    I was in one the other day and the lady that works that department was taking care of an appointment and a young lady from another department said she couldn't help me she didn't know that area. I don't think she was cool helping me because I told her that I crossdress and she apologized for not knowing that area. I told her that it was ok I will come back later. She wasn't comfortable helping me and that's ok with me some people don't get it and that's cool.

I love when that happens it makes you feel so good. I had that experience a few weeks ago, I wrote a post here about it, It was the outmost best feeling. A women asked me if I had ever tried a curtain brand of pantyhose, and then suggested a better brand because of my body type. It was weird but it felt so good and I'm sure we can get used to it pretty fast.

Silver Member
    Its really upsetting, Jenna, to know there are still some SAs who are uncomfortable with us. That has totally not been my experience. Many times I have had SAs show me a dress and tell me how they're dying to see it on me. I have concluded that dress shop SAs don't just tolerate CDs, they ENJOY helping us find our true expression.

Alas, since that turns out not to be the case for everyone, all I can do is hope it becomes as good for everyone as it is for me. I think it happens by everyone who is able just shopping as often as possible, getting out out into the world making it look like its Not A Big Deal. The attitude of the public will eventually relax, allowing the more reserved among us to feel confident enough to go out too.

The only time I ever hear this is when the SA or cashier thinks they are being funny.
    I always answer yes I know, that's why I'm buying it.
    That usually shuts them up, and/or puts a sour look on their face.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.