Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You may recognise some of these.

Hi Helen, almost reached 7 as you know. Almost became 7 when my right knee started playing up again but got called into hospital a few months ago (during lockdown!) to have the half knee replaced with a full one. Back into 3" heels now, yeh! Missing Llandudno, be good to meet up at Unique again when this pandemic is finally over...

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    The 7 ages of crossdressing for the more mature crossdresser

1. Too young to know.
    Fascination with mom?s or sisters under garments. If you?re of a certain age it?s stockings with a seam, Playtex 18 hour girdles and industrial strength bras.

For unknown reasons stared at the bra , panty and girdle sections of catalogs

2. Old enough to know it?s something not to tell your dad.
    Still the same as 1 but now things ?stir? when trying things on.

Went to the dryer and my moms bathing suits wa sin there - knew I HAD to put it on and suddenlt felt " me " and a true sense freedom of joy that I stil feel en femme.

3. Into work, off to college.
    Now you might have the money to buy things. Older members will not have the benefit of the internet so shopping was restricted to ?Buying it as a Christmas present? and as most still lived at home with mom?s who scoured your bedroom for dirty socks to wash, finding a place to hide things was a challenge. The chances you knew of any other CD?ers was rare. Hormones coming under control.

Did scads of in person shopping, had some bad experiences but was overall treated politely. I was in a lingerie section when a friend and his classmates walked by and thought who knows what.

4. Grown up stuff; Marriage and children.
    If you kept it a secret then you were now tempted by wardrobes and drawers full of nice things. Size differences could prove problematic. Hiding your stash still an issue. If you came clean at the start then you had someone to share it with but still thinking it was just you. In the closet, you now needed to be doubly careful having inquisitive rug rats about the house. Out to the wife, doubly doubly careful as ?The kids can?t know!?

Never married fpr various reasons but being a CD contributed to the decision.

5. Mid-life
    To the kids you?re just a Taxi service and you never know when they?ll come home until they go off to uni. Your wardrobe has grown and your choice of clothes is getting better. Those out and empty nester's now have a level of freedom back. The internet has arrived and you might be considering going out as you now know others are out there. After dark drives tempt you. By now you?ve realised it?s not going away.

Yes, there comes a point where the sane girls says as you say " this is me and it's not going away" Purging is futile, " we can only be who we are as a wise philosopher said"

6. Retirement beckons.
    So if you?re still in the closet, you have the time but not the opportunity. Out to your SO; by now you?re either living the dream or spending most of your time looking after grandchildren.

^^^^
    Here now, thinking of doing more CD activities, meeting others and group functions

7. The mind is willing, it?s the hips and the knees that aren?t.
    Those killer heels haven?t seen the light of day for a good while. You?re dressing like that nice old lady who lived a few doors down who sadly passed away some years ago. Some will be looking back at all those pictures of them out on the town enfemme. Others will be thinking, ?I wish I?d listened to Helen when she said you don?t want to get to the end and start thinking, I wish I?d?..?.
    Like another girl, I guess I think of what will be found when I pass on, how it will affect my legacy.

Onward and upward.