Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faceapp triggering severe dysphoria?

I'm finally me; I'm free. LisaMarieDayton's Avatar
    I can relate. I've tried face app to see if it would make me look more feminine and blend better as a female and it was a disaster. All I saw was the guy I used to be. No filter or mod made me happy with what I saw. It made me so depressed. I uninstalled it and vowed to never use it again.

Also, try not to look at mtf before and after pictures too much. So many of them are fake. Like all those men suddenly turn into babes. Yeah right.

I tried face app FTM and it freaked me out it looked so close to me 10 years ago..
    I am real

We all have triggers; whether they are relate to our self identity, or other parameters.

Personally, I haven't used, or felt inclined to use, faceapp, for the simple reason that it will present me with an image I feel that I will never achieve, which will push me into a depressive mood.

My dysphoria is ever present, day-to-day, so I don't need to find other ways to make it worse.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

I use FaceApp, and it does a good job of improving my looks, but I have posted samples of my own work with makeup and the FaceApp version, which I use to try to improve my makeup skills. Many times the differences are small.
    It is a great help when I can't do makeup, and then the differences are large. The various facial editing tools can make me younger, but rather than despise it, I look at what it did and try to figure out how to do the same with makeup.
    Hugs, Ellen

That app is a lie.

It would never do something real. I tried once now as a woman to make a male face and it was horrible wrong, not that made me look horrible but it was so.wro.g about my previous male traits.

I think it was made as a toy but not a real tool to predict on how you would look as a woman,.or a male in that case.

For that reason it can be very deceitful and I ignore from the beginning.

I see on IG all the time transgirls, they call themselves like that, but never see their real face, they dream awake .

It's Ike using filters. I understand they could be wanting to look great for future encounter with a prospect partner but when that happen will be deceiful....

Mho
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

169372477_298814631833424_1616985663928311802_n.jpg

Here is example of me with my own makeup skills and then FaceApp suggestion. Yes, it can make a face very different, but it can also point out small changes to make.
    Hugs, Ellen