Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 years on CD.com - a retrospective

10 years on CD.com - a retrospective

Hello Lovely Ladies!

10 years ago today I took the plunge and signed up on crossdressers.com. Good call for sure! Some thoughts as I enter my second decade on the site:

CD.com is my happy place. I post stories, experiences, photos and occasional newsworthy media links. I post short expressions of support and occasional tips and tricks. (I'll guess my most viewed post is my MAC Makeover Primer from 2012 which I repost from time to time. It has aged well.)

I've posted 1,500+ times, so on average once every other day. I've started 170 threads, so roughly once every 3 weeks, mostly to sections that allow photos. Yes, I'm vain, love feedback, who doesn't?

I do not engage in extended debate. I feel no need to win arguments, show how wonderful I am or share information about my boy self. I have called out what I consider to be bad behavior a handful of times.

I've knocked over some serious bucket list items in the last 10 years. 3 professional boudoir photo shoots, a professional wedding dress shoot, 4 times flying pretty, silly outings in drag, galavanting through downtown Houston in my Janet from Rocky Horror costume, seven annual weeks of Michelle Does Vegas. Perhaps best is I've shared a meal with over a dozen of y'all.

Most site participants are just passing through to a greater or lesser extent. Some are incredible bedrock with constant participation over many, many years. Me? I expect to write a follow up to this post on 1/21/31. See you then!

Hugs, Michelle
    Last edited by michelleddg; 01-22-2021 at 10:48 AM.

Michelle,

Congratulations on the milestone and of course you're right, this is a great place to be. I must admit you made me look back to see how long I've been here and it was 11 years on the 7th. Goodness where does the time go?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Its a date! I'm sure I'll probably still be here.
    It really is a wonderful resource, this little place of ours...

Silver Member
    You went out to dinner with people from this site????? Hopefully they were well behaved!

Yeah, this place has been a source of both information and opinion. For most, it's been like high school. Not every relationship or conversation is quite as good as another, but we've sort of jammed together and seen a diversity of this CD/TG life. Like high school, a short tenure can make a lasting impression.

Happy being Stevie Stevie Allyn's Avatar
    Congratulations Michelle! Here's hoping to be here to read your "20 years ago today" post in ten years time!

You've been a rock and an inspiration here, michelle, and your authenticity always shines through...exactly as you have described yourself in your post above. "Just the facts, Ma'am"...no bull, pretentiousness, navel-gazing, or drama...just an inspiration to all of us here of what we can aspire to and achieve as you document the milestones of your journey as a crossdresser extraordinaire while whittling away at your personal Bucket List.

Much love to you, and while I haven't had the opportunity to meet you in person (yet), I truly value your friendship, even if it is only online at the moment.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Congrats I guess if there is a 10 year club I'm on it too

How time flies when you are having fun Michelle! I always enjoy your posts and hope to for years to come as well~
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

Don't know if I have another 10 years, but as long as I can help someone. I will be here! Congrats on your milestone! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Platinum Member
    Hi Michelle , Congratulations on your tenth Anniversary, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Michelle, Congratulations on this milestone! Time does fly, much too fast if I may add that.
    Thank you for all of your contributions to this wonderful site! Hugs, Crissy
    Crissy

Welcome to the club!! We need to have a party (after the pandemic) or give out certificates.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Congrats on your milestone; I'm about
    three-quarters of the way to that tenure.

Our friendship is a result of us being on this
    site; I'm glad we both joined!

I am glad each of you on this thread joined and continue to hang out. Happy 10th Michelle

Congrats on a decade of faithful service to the community! LOL I just checked and it will be 14 yrs. in March since I made mu debut here.

Thanks for being her and sharing for the last 10 years. Here's hoping for many more decades of your thoughts and adventures.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Oh my! 15 years for me. Although I’ll admit to not being a prolific poster, I am an avid reader probably on a daily basis.

Congratulations.
    I had to check to see and for me I'll celebrate 15 years next month. Hard to believe it's been that long.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    Yep, it's been ten years for me too. Probably longer with lurking time thrown in. I've been fully retired since January 2008. I've posted a lot, primarily because as a retiree I have time to kill. Without this site I'd probably go nuts...at least more nuttier than I am now. It has been helpful to know I am not alone in this universe. Not that I enjoy reading about others stuck in a DADT marriage, but, it is nice to know there are many others who survived "The Talk." Sometimes I do wonder if there are clinically minded persons with access to this site using this site to get into the heads of cross dressers and transgender women. What makes us tick? Why compels us to do the things we do under the most dire of circumstances? Really does not make sense, does it?

Some are deeply hiding, fearing the reveal and a battle to come with a not so understanding wife. Others have wives who treat their soul mates as the occasional woman. Even if I cannot prepare dinner a la June Cleaver with a wife patting my rear end I do enjoy reading the exploits of others. It similar to reading about places others have been, but there is a slim chances I will go there.

I will say this, if you do not see me posting for some period of time I have probably passed on.

Happy anniversary, Michelle

Wonderful post, thank you.

I will say I am very glad to find this site and use it. I am very glad there are 1000's of people that think like me regarding being a part time transvestite. When I am Natalie, I am a lesbian.

My hat is off to all of you girls here.

Where does the time go?
    You had me looking up my date too...come this October, I can join the 10 year club too.
    I've been to the Houston area a few time on my way down to Port Aransas and it sounds like a fun hub of activity.
    You also mentioned you did some flying while presenting...wondering if that was to join the mile high club? Hmmmmm?
    I'm just being silly.
    I really hope to be here in 2031 but who knows, our society is changing and it soon maybe "NO BIG DEAL!" ...to be Candy while kissing my wife.
    The forum might loose it's purpose.
    Or the internet could be shutdown for being to polarizing in society...you just never know.
    I can only hope I can still walk in a pair of heels at 72....and present in a pretty way.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Hi,
    I can manage 4" heels --- at 78 ! just dont ask me to walk ......... Doc will be along in a minute to tell you .......?

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I love a few statistics every now and then. Here,s to the next 10 and may you enjoy each and every one. Times change slowly but they do change. Perhaps in another 10 years perhaps CD will be accepted as what are now almost main stream LGBT.
    Last edited by Jane G; 01-24-2021 at 03:35 AM.

Congratulations on this milestone. I'm going to check and see how long I've been here. I believe it's because people like yourself why this site is so amazing and worth staying here all this time. I feel just like myself we are all very honest people here who even though we are all in the same boat but rowing in different directions we can help each other out. And of course in any family there's always that black sheep and like you what said your not going to fight to win an argument.
    I remember lurking here for so long and one day I just did it and it felt so good that for the first time I spoke freely as my fem side and with people who were able to relate to my problem. It's amazing when something new happens or anything in general with my dressing how I can't wait to share it here. Thanks for your contribution to make this site as amazing as it is and hope we can share many many more good and bad times together as we row this boat down the river together. Thanks

The next ten should be as enjoyable.

Go for it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.