Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enjoying leggings and flats at home

Enjoying leggings and flats at home

I retired last August and have been enjoying it very much. I live alone, my daughters are grown and my dear wife passed away from cancer last year. So I have free reign to dress however I like at home. I have several dresses and skirts, but I especially enjoy being able to just lounge and work around the house in leggings and flats. They are just very comfortable to wear and hassle free. I pretty much wear them everyday unless someone is coming to the house, and when it?s colder, I just put on pants over the top if I need to go out.
    What are your favorite got clothes for just hanging out at home?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only
    In the cold weather my everyday outfit is usually a mid length denim skirt with leggings and warm socks. Paired with a casual top.

I don't wear shoes in the house, that's how I was raised. To this day it feels weird wearing shoes in the house, even someone else's house.

I wear leggings 24/7 no one makes any remarks comments etc. They are so comfortable and warm of course I wear panty hose under them too. I wear a blouse snd some warm either danskin hooded jacket or champion brand woman?s zip up hooded jacket. For my outer coat it?s one I purchased right after Christmas at Sams for $35 Kenneth Cole stuffed and quilted with hood. It?s warm and comfortable plus it?s great to zip up from bottom when it?s time to potty lol.

Old habits die hard! As a male, blue jeans and tee shirt! Now, different color feminine jeans and a feminine tee shirt or pretty blouse during the day! Lounging in bed clothes-feminine nightshirt and leggings! Trying to get courage to wear leggings out and about but not yet! I did order my first pair of skinny jeans, but they have not got here yet! They are banana yellow!! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I wear leggings all day long at home and in public. I started out wearing them only to the gym then switched to full time. Super comfortable and versatile. I think I have about 80 pairs lol.
    Last edited by Angela Marie; 01-22-2021 at 08:23 AM.

This is a super cute and relaxed look for you hun.
    You have inspired me to get some!
    Thank you.
    Love Rach

Reality Check
    I often wear leggings, sometimes jeggings, sometimes yoga pants. And of course, sometimes skirts or dresses. Whatever the mood calls for.
    Krisi

I consider myself a leggings wh*re. I wear them 24/7-52 especially under my work clothes to keep me warm in a cold environment. 7/8 long in the winter Capri in the summer. Goes great with cozy boots or sneakers! I have 2 drawers full of them.

What a great life
    I'm going out and buy some today thanks for the tip.

Yes, me too. Except I wear thigh highs and flats...and more. They?re so comfortable.

I wear leggings because they are so comfortable and warm in winter. Sometimes I wear heels for a sexy look, sometimes with socks to keep warm.

This time of year I'm in leggings or jeans every day. It's a rare day that I don a skirt and blouse are almost never a dress. It's not very convenient to shovel snow in a dress

Come summer you'll find me in shorts, skorts, capris or a nice light dress and sandals all the time.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I am sorry for your loss, I am in the same boat as you, having lost my lovely wife 4.5 years ago. Leggings are an almost daily affair with me, either my own or hers. It's hard to choose between leggings or a denim skirt for comfort.
    Last edited by Michaela Jane; 01-23-2021 at 11:21 AM. Reason: incorrect character appeared.

I have a music and computer room along with big screen TV in our lower level. Anyone living in cold climates knows what that means. Space heaters, blankets and sweats are required. I got chilled a few days ago and my back and titanium reinforced neck rebelled and relegated me to the heating pad. My greatest fashion statement this time of year would be pink sweats instead of black but the lady upstairs does not allow pink.

Platinum Member
    Hi Maggie , Leggins and flats is always a good look, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    In the cold weather my everyday outfit is usually a mid length denim skirt with leggings and warm socks. Paired with a casual top.

I don't wear shoes in the house, that's how I was raised. To this day it feels weird wearing shoes in the house, even someone else's house.
    That's generally what i wear in the house as well. (either leggings or thick tights)
    I have the same views on footwear in the house....
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Another vote for the leggings and flats or sneakers. Very comfortable for around the house or exercising.

I?ll second the leggings and flats. I been wearing leggings and flats for a long time. With the pandemic, I?ve been working from home and got to say, I live in leggings. I wear them with oversized shirts, blouses or tunics and flats. The comfort is unbelievable. And flats, easy on and off. Men should have discovered flats long ago. Men in flats show up from time to time on the runway. There was an article in the paper a little while back ?Are ballet flats the new Dad the new dads sneakers?? I leave the house to go with the family shopping, out to eat, whatever. I really don?t think no one ever notice or cares. The only thing that matters, I?m comfortable and that?s all I really care about.

Don't own any leggings or flats. Always a skirt or dress as I have a warm house.

Leggings and crocs in winter, skort and tee in summer for lounging around. Occasional dresses of course.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

If I am home being a homemaker, I usually do the "June Cleaver" look with a front button down, A-Line dress, thigh highs on a girdle or garters, full lingerie compliment, wig, make up, flats, and necklace.
    I'll dress like this to go out shopping or meeting up with like minded friends for lunch Spring, Fall, or Winter, Summer is totally different.
    If just lounging at home, lingerie under a full slip and flats.
    Sometimes under dress in guy mode if I can hide my bra projection under a jacket, if I am doing guy chores.
    Summertime I like silky panties under polyester boy shorts, satin dago T under a T-shirt, and women's Mukluks Flip Flop Sandals.
    My natural breasts are difficult to hide in Summer, and the dago T is undersized to bind my breasts. So I don't dress too much in summer as it is just too hot!
    Melting makeup, sweat inside lingerie, and wearing a wig is no fun, in humid days. I will dress up, but only if I can be in AC most of the time.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

What a great life
    I got my leggings in yesterday I love them order 3 more pairs. I am so in love with women cloths.

I'm a big fan of leggings and flats as well.
    IMG_5958.jpg
    https://balletflatsformen.wordpress.com/

Silver Member
    I only wear skirts (midi and maxi) at home and while working, and shoes with a heel with at least some height. I love midi and maxi skirts (and dresses), I find nothing more comfortable. I only wear something else when I have to leave the house and present male.

I love my leggings and have dozens of pairs. One of my favorite outfits is leggings under a long tunic. Very feminine! I like skirts and dresses even more though. In cold weather a short skirt over a pair of black leggings is a perfect outfit.