Thread: First Day Out!

First Day Out!

What a day!

My day began with the usual makeup routine and such. This was where my nerves almost got the best of me, but my wife was right there to pick me up and set me on my feet!

Our first stop was the bookstore, where we made a couple purchases. I honestly felt completely natural and comfortable from the start. Once we were out of the house, it didn't seem like a thing at all! No one batted an eye, and the biggest challenge was actually paying. But, the clerk didn't seem to notice/care (and for the record I really only slightly altered my voice, just enough to take the base out of it).

Then it was off to the mall, for a bunch more shopping! Again, completely at ease! I was definitely "clocked" once that I know of, got an extra long stare from a dude in passing. But no one made a fuss. I had a wonderful time at a wig store, the owner was extremely helpful and didn't treat me at all different from the women who came in before us.

Overall, I count this day as a huge milestone and a rousing success! Couldn't be happier!
    Never forget that life is short. Whatever you believe, there's no guarantee of tomorrow or a second chance, so live your life the way you want! Be kind to yourself, be kind to others, and let's make this world a little brighter together!

Congratulations! On a job well done! and what a great support team you're lucky indeed to have by your side >>>>
    As many as 43 percent of all people with gender dysphoria attempt suicide in their lives. dont let yourself become part of that very tragic statistic.
    Balance-Dignity-Acceptance-Responsibility-

congratulations. Sounds like a lovely day.
    I would say that most of us will be "clocked" and the majority people are just going to stare or maybe laugh, most people are caught up in their own little worlds to notice anyone other than themselves though

Weee Amelia...what a thrill for you...gosh, first time out, huh?!?!
    Going with you wife, a special GG sure had to be extra special, having that shoulder to lean on.
    I am sure you didn't need her help, only her support.
    Lucky girl...did you get any pictures for posterity?
    A day you should never forget!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

That's awesome!! Taking your first time out during a pandemic is a brave move..... hope you both wore your masks and social distanced? Maybe the dude was staring because you had your mask on upside down? lol Hope you took lots of photos! A first trip out and about is something to document and remember.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

A first time out is always a special event.

I had many at different stages of my life.

One of the earliest was when I was eight and I went with some neighbours to visit.

I had been playing dress up with their girls and I was left dressed up to go and visit.

Not nervous or anything but the people we visited did not know of my gender at the time.

So sad when theday was over. Sigh!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Congratulations to both you and your wife. It is great to have that support. It gets easier and there may be some hiccups along the way but it sounds like you can cope.

Thank you all very much for the kind words! And of course, to ease concerns, we absolutely wore our masks and kept ourselves socially distanced. I will drop some pics from yesterday in the appropriate forum shortly!
    Never forget that life is short. Whatever you believe, there's no guarantee of tomorrow or a second chance, so live your life the way you want! Be kind to yourself, be kind to others, and let's make this world a little brighter together!

Wow! That's a big step and you seemed to have aced it. It takes a lot of courage to do what you did and you should be very proud of yourself and it's nice to have a wife like your cheering you on with full support. Thanks for sharing because it's always nice to wake up in the morning with a positive happy story.

So happy for you, Amelia! I've had my wife with me a few times, especially in the beginning stages of going out. She's the one who really pushed me to break those boundaries.
    The one thing I almost always forget, is to take pics. I'm usually too caught up in the moment.

And as far as going out during a pandemic? I think it's actually one of the best times to go out. You don't have to worry about getting too close to people, and there is some sense of security wearing a mask. Kind of like wearing sunglasses. I think it helps boost confidence if you're just getting out there.
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

Glad you have a wonderful first day out experience.

That sounds like a great day. Nothing like being happy.

Congrats. The first time is always the hardest.

Way to go Amelia, Congratulation on a great outing next time it will be easier Hugs Rach