Thread: What's with the FaceTime

What's with the FaceTime

Technically,technology,technology. I woke up this morning and dressed pretty, my daughter calls me on FaceTime. I call her back a few minutes later and she asked why I didn't answer the Facetime and why I'm I calling her the regular way. I told her I just woke up and I don't want to be seen this way and told her maybe I'm naked and if she wanted to see her father naked?. She said that would be gross and I told her why we had to FaceTime. Well after that my sister in law brother in law and sister all called me on FaceTime and I called everyone back and everyone was upset that I'm not FaceTiming with them. I don't get it why it's so important that we see each other. Maybe I'm just old school. Now that nobody's coming to my house because we are in lock down, now I have to worry everytime I answer the phone to listen for the FaceTime ring sound. There's just no winning, it seems like one way or another we are always behind the black ball.
    Last edited by Maria 60; 01-24-2021 at 03:36 PM.

I can't answer for you, but with this Covid stuff I don't see my children nor grandchildren very often, so FaceTime is wonderful for that. I FaceTime with one sister who loves it to. My other and sister don't like it. I miss seeing those that I care about.

What a great life
    FaceTime can get you on trouble I was thinking put black finger nail polish. I don't use it.

Yeah... my grandson (daughters phone) loves to call me since I have an iPhone. My wife has an Android so she does not get any FaceTime face time. It?s just like all my clients and ex-coworkers all want to jump on Microsoft Teams and video chat. talk!

Easy solution... buy an non-iPhone phone.
    Last edited by Karren H; 01-24-2021 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jenabrooks View Post
    FaceTime can get you on trouble I was thinking put black finger nail polish. I don't use it.
    I don't get black fingernail polish. Why not something more colorful?
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

I think if you're gonna use fingernail polish to block the camera eye on your phone, you should use a color that complements the phone.

My wife's family uses Zoom, so once a month they have a Zoom meeting, and of course that means I have to sit in on it. Personally, I don't care for it. It gets to "noisy" with 6-7 people talking, sometimes at once. Funny, I am not the only one. A couple other husbands don't show up or stay very long. One of my wife's sisters asked me if I liked the Zoom meetings because I was pretty much the only spouse that stuck around. I told her I was there under duress! Give me the phone and one person at a time.

The CD'ing thing doesn't even enter into it, except for a couple times I was planning on dressing and my wife said I had better wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Yeah... my grandson (daughters phone) loves to call me since I have an iPhone. My wife has an Android so she does not get any FaceTime face time. It?s just like all my clients and ex-coworkers all want to jump on Microsoft Teams and video chat. talk!

That is not an easy solution. Facetime is just an app for Apple iPhone and android have other apps that do the same thing also.

Yes, but then the Google Duo crowd who are using Android phones will come breathing down your neck instead. Six of one and half-a-dozen of the other. Face it...we crossdressers can run but we cannot hide under the radar. Sooner or later karma will decide the time, date, place and manner in which we get "outed". As the Borg on one of the old Star Trek series used to say..."Resistance is futile."

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    My wife and i had to spend LOOONG periods of our time actually being apart.
    Face time would have been awesome during this time if it had been invented by then. you do what you gotta do.

If you're "busy" just don't take a Face Time call.

My solution: buy laptop without a camera. I hate zoom calls, people's faces are boring and it's distracting to see them. Cameras are small, you can just put a bandage or foam pad or sticker over camera. But guess others will complain as it's more a group herd thingy for them.

Years ago a manager for a company I worked for wanted to do some early version of Facetime or Zoom with me and asked me to load the program so we could. I was about to load the program, then realized I didn't have a camera or microphone. I told my boss and he was surprised I didn't have the proper hardware and expected me to go buy it. I asked if I could put it on my expense account and that was the end of that. The camera on my personal computer has had a piece of black tape over the camera since I bought it.

Won't do: they'll video-call you on WhatsApp!

I use a still picture and turn Zoom video off or cover the camera with a post it when I do not want to be seen (I do not have an IPhone but my wife does - so I stay out of camera range of i do not want to be seen on FaceTime)

Cant tell you. Nobody I know ever uses it except in very specific instances and definitely not without asking first.

Banned Read only
    I totally agree with you. I am not on any social media. My wife is and she does Face Time with our grandson, and, as recently as last night. Our daughter called to tell us our grandson (age 3 1/2) wanted to see us. So, she got out her gizmo and Face Timed. My wife Face Times with him with her reading him a book. My wife is buying two books of the same title and sending one to him so he can follow along and turn the pages. As he outgrows the books they are donated to a local library or his daycare center. I would find it an annoyance to Face Time rather than just pick up a phone.....land line here...and call.

Since my largest client is the other large cell phone manufacturer, I suggest switching phones. Then there is no FaceTime issue..
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".