Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever turn yourself on?

Banned Read only
    Sometimes I don?t even finish dressing before stuff happens

for me, it is a definite yes. I am not turned on every time, but I do get excited looking at myself.

I suppose I'd say I do. My style of dressing has always been what I like to see women in, and men have almost always paid me their compliments for it. So I like to think I am doing something right, and I get validation in two ways I guess.

Vale, That seems to describe my dressing up. The lovely long legged lady in the mirror, is my lover, but i do feel guilty after the act out. Sadly, have not had any chance for a real GG friend and mate. None dress in the definite style i like, either , in my age range, and other reasons. I wish i was not born with this thing, which is considered deviant and perverted by so many.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 02-21-2021 at 07:58 PM.

All the Time, every time!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Hi Julie.
    Yes it has and does happen every time I've gotten dressed en femme. I remember when I saw myself for the first time fully dressed in the mirror and thinking "Hello honey, who the hell are you?" in a good way.
    Never knew what an attractive lady my female self was until that moment.

Alice, those that see us that way are fewer and fewer. Psychology experts consider CDing neither deviant nor perverted. I hope you find a way to accept it more within yourself.

Julie
    Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile still stays on

In the past at age 5 up to my mid twenties it always turned me on.Already aroused, dressing up would heighten up the arousal and last for hours on end.It also brought on dysphoria which i didn't fully realize till after I turned 30.

Phew! Glad I'm not the only one.

It's the only reason I ever done it. I do it becasue it makes me feel sexy. No more to it than that. I know many of you don't feel that way about cross dressing. I worry sometimes I don't really belong on this forum for that reason. I have tried the sissy websites but they are so over the top about sex and it's too much for me.

Yup.... absolutely. It's thrilling to see yourself and it's such a great feeling to feel "sexy", but its not only that but the feeling of sheer enjoyment just from putting the stuff on.

Definitely.....

Adore Candy's reply💖
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

*blushing* Thanks Felicia...BTW, following you on Flickr, hope you don't mind.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Lord yes. I prefer a really business style dress and that has always been what turned me on growing up and still does. A woman dressed for work mmmm nothing hotter. So seeing myself in the style dress I idolize makes it even better.

I love to see me as Barbara... I love my legs, I love my body... I believe my makeup can be betetr, but I love my red lips and long lashes.
    Result: Yes, It turn me on. A lot.

Kisses,

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kristi98 View Post
    It's the only reason I ever done it. I do it becasue it makes me feel sexy. No more to it than that. I know many of you don't feel that way about cross dressing. I worry sometimes I don't really belong on this forum for that reason. I have tried the sissy websites but they are so over the top about sex and it's too much for me.
    Kristi, u definitely belong here if I do. And, I've been around a long time!

CDing is like life. A long, ever changing, learning process!

I arrived here thinking I had turned gay and wanted to become a woman. And, that EVERYONE was as turned on by their female image as I was/am!
    In short order I found out many trans r disgusted my those of us aroused by our fem selves. But, almost all of us were at one time or another!

Then, I discovered other dressers were/are great company and I began attending T events and clubs. Now, my social life is geared to Sherry's identity! I found I have no interest in men or in becoming a female. I just enjoy looking like one!

I suggest u stick around awhile and see, how or if, your dressing progresses?!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yes, when I put on my panties and pumps, I cannot help but get turned-on. The feeling I get just cannot be described! I take great satisfaction now in dressing and experiencing all the feelings that go with it...quite transforming!

Yes please!

110% absolutely!! the clothes, wigs, makeup, shoes, nails, freshly shaved legs, perfume, etc.!! i love the image i see in the mirror and from age 14 to...now (lol) i still get extremely aroused to the point that i ALWAYS have to..."finish". NO shame in my game and zero guilt (not that that there should be any to begin with). We dress for different reasons, all of which should be acceptable!

I can certainly get "turned on" while dressed, and it was the original reason I started dressing in the first place. And I have been turned on by photos of myself. But the reasons are multifaceted, subtle and complex.

In particular I don't identify with this phenomenon described as "autogynephilia," and I think Gretchen was right to discount it as a theory--at least from the viewpoint of my own experience.

For one thing it was true for me, as Gretchen said, that over time the original intense sexual arousal tended to fade somewhat I began to see the image of myself more as a real woman, not just sexually attractive. That's a "toning down" of what Gretchen said, but there is truth in it nonetheless.

However, the main point is about this concept of "autogynephilia," and what I take that to mean literally is being aroused by the image of oneself as a sexually attractive woman, being fully aware--and here's the key point--that it is myself I'm looking at, as in a mirror. This is quite literally "narcissistic," in the original meaning of the term. Not a Cluster B personality disorder, but the legend of Narcissus regarding his own reflection in the water and falling in love with himself!

As far as that goes, I can look at my own image in a mirror, and if I happen to have done a good job (I'm not so passable, especially these days!) I can think I "look attractive" and feel great about it. But that doesn't mean my image "turns me on" sexually. I think that's largely because I know it's "only me," and while I might be sexually attractive to others, that doesn't make me sexually attractive to myself. It's as if "knowing it's only me" turns off that particular arousal mechanism.

What's significant here is people talking about being aroused by photographs of themselves while dressed. Yes, that's something I have experienced. But a photograph is different from looking in a mirror. Because when I look in a mirror, I know this is "me," present in the "now." When I look at a photo of myself from the past, I'm free to imagine that this is some other woman I'm looking at, and yes, she could be arousing. But this is not "autogynephilia" as I see it, and it's not the reason why I dress.

Every time I dress there is some level of being turned on. First there is the initial arousal then I am overcome with happiness and joy as I transform into my feminine self. As I get dressed do my make up the arousal part goes away and an overwhelming feeling of calmness settled over my whole body and I get the warmest feeling in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah G View Post
    Yes, when I put on my panties and pumps, I cannot help but get turned-on. The feeling I get just cannot be described! I take great satisfaction now in dressing and experiencing all the feelings that go with it...quite transforming!
    100% agree. I get turned-on by feeling sexy in lingerie. Or even by debuting a new outfit for my wife.

Picking out a pair of my shoes on

Holy crap...um, hi, new here...glad I wandered into this thread. I could have written like 80% of these posts.

Like many, that's how much of this started. Even though there's a level of dysphoria when looking at myself in a mirror or photos, I feel sexy as hell...and as most have described, the calm and ease that comes with just being the en femme me. It's just wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassiek View Post
    Every time I dress there is some level of being turned on. First there is the initial arousal then I am overcome with happiness and joy as I transform into my feminine self. As I get dressed do my make up the arousal part goes away and an overwhelming feeling of calmness settled over my whole body and I get the warmest feeling in my heart.
    Wow! I couldn't have said it any better. Thanks for posting Cassie!
    "It is so easy to exist, instead of live. Unless you know there is a clock ticking."
    --Anna Quindlen, writer, journalist, columnist

[QUOTE=Stephanie47;4500708]It's been a long time....very long time...but, probably yes. Now? At 73? Not so much.?

I guess I?m in the same boat as Stephanie. I think I hit my self turn on peak years ago when I was a young bachelor living in apartment by myself years ago.